Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

For Heaven's Sake, PLEASE Make WZAssault Permanent

OP SPL4ZER BEAM

I'm not sure why it was ever taken away as a permanent playlist, but it's always been my favorite mode. Such a fun dynamic that not even BTB can achieve. Honestly, it's one of the only playlists that I have fun, win or lose. It's got the chaos of BTB, but with a bit more strategy involved.
At the very least i also always thought it would be nice to have either Turbo or Assault permanently on, and perhaps rotate between the two but I really hate the dry weeks of nothing in between.

I guess I don't know the stats on the population and its overall affect on the community, but I do know that Turbo and Assault are the two best WZ playlists out there and they are available less than 50% of the time which is kind of sad for us fans.
I think it’s done that way to give a fresh playlist that people will actually play. Adding additional playlists constantly will only divide the population again. Games will become harder to find and the overall popularity of the game will decline further. Turbo is one of those playlists that cannot last forever as nobodies req pool is infinite. I’ve played this game enough to hit 152 twice and I still find myself running out of reqs.
I'm not sure why it was ever taken away as a permanent playlist, but it's always been my favorite mode. Such a fun dynamic that not even BTB can achieve. Honestly, it's one of the only playlists that I have fun, win or lose. It's got the chaos of BTB, but with a bit more strategy involved.
I don't think 343 will listen to you friend; Halo 5 was abandoned by the developers a long time ago and that is why they put 100% to MCC instead of H5, I don't think they will change anything, and until it reaches infinity, it will only remain in limbo
UK1V wrote:
I think it’s done that way to give a fresh playlist that people will actually play. Adding additional playlists constantly will only divide the population again. Games will become harder to find and the overall popularity of the game will decline further. Turbo is one of those playlists that cannot last forever as nobodies req pool is infinite. I’ve played this game enough to hit 152 twice and I still find myself running out of reqs.
You are level 152?
UK1V wrote:
You are level 152?
I am, one of the first few hundred to get it. The benefits of having no life. 🤷‍♂️
UK1V wrote:
UK1V wrote:
You are level 152?
I am, one of the first few hundred to get it. The benefits of having no life. 🤷‍♂️
Im very close to 151
UK1V wrote:
UK1V wrote:
You are level 152?
Im very close to 151
Yeah I saw that! It’s a fair effort to have come that far, I hope you persevere and go the full 50mil!

For the future by the way, if you click on somebodies profile it’ll take you to their Waypoint page where you can check out their stats etc.
i agree, assault WZ permanent. and turbo makes my req stocks go low very fast
I'm not sure why it was ever taken away as a permanent playlist
Population. When it was a permanent playlist, the population eventually got so low that there were entire weeks where a match wasn't played in the playlist due to lack of players searching at the same time.

As much as I like the mode, the rotation method is the only way it has been able to get a substantial population.
At the very least i also always thought it would be nice to have either Turbo or Assault permanently on, and perhaps rotate between the two but I really hate the dry weeks of nothing in between.

I guess I don't know the stats on the population and its overall affect on the community, but I do know that Turbo and Assault are the two best WZ playlists out there and they are available less than 50% of the time which is kind of sad for us fans.
Agree with this - why take some weekends off?

Also - sorry to pivot but I really want there to be a playlist where we can earn Assault wins for the Spartan Company Commendation.
I hope it becomes permanent too
i don't like BTB too much so i don't mind.
I don't think 343 will listen to you friend; Halo 5 was abandoned by the developers a long time ago and that is why they put 100% to MCC instead of H5, I don't think they will change anything, and until it reaches infinity, it will only remain in limbo
Not 100% true... They continue to rotate playlists in and out, there are still Ranked Seasons, and still have Double XP Events.
Facts
If they did i would reinstall!