Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

For Those Opposed to HALO 5 New Abilities.

OP Varlos

Halo 2: Anniversary online isn't a re-skinned HALO 2. There are ARs on the maps for Christ's sake. It's just HALO 4 without sprint, without armor abilities, and with dual-wielding. For those who keep yoinking about HALO 5, play HALO 2 anniversary. It is exactly what you want. You don't want any new features, you just want HALO 4 without sprint and AAs and dual-wielding. There you go. Who said 343i doesn't try and please you? You're just too busy jumping down they're throats to realize.

As for people like me, I love change. I'm happy with how HALO 5 is shaping up. I couldn't care less if it doesn't make record sales, or if a huge chunk of veterans aren't playing it anymore. I'm completely sure there will be enough players for me to shoot at. So blah.

That is all.

Flame me all you want... I look forward to reading your rambling and whining
Agree
Thank you. Agree.
Forgive me for thinking the thruster pack insta kills are stupid. What on earth was I thinking?
Halo 5 is looking good to me.
This actually is a Collection, as in Halo CEA launch, the multiplayer was actually Reach Multiplayer modified, wich for me, I don't know for others, isn't really the classic Halo CE, but what they brought us with Halo MCC, now that is a real remake and Anniversary game.
For me CEA was just for the campaign and remastered maps.
Varlos wrote:
Halo 2: Anniversary online isn't a re-skinned HALO 2. There are ARs on the maps for Christ's sake. It's just HALO 4 without sprint, without armor abilities, and with dual-wielding. For those who keep yoinking about HALO 5, play HALO 2 anniversary. It is exactly what you want. You don't want any new features, you just want HALO 4 without sprint and AAs and dual-wielding. There you go. Who said 343i doesn't try and please you? You're just too busy jumping down they're throats to realize.

As for people like me, I love change. I'm happy with how HALO 5 is shaping up. I couldn't care less if it doesn't make record sales, or if a huge chunk of veterans aren't playing it anymore. I'm completely sure there will be enough players for me to shoot at. So blah.

That is all.

For starters the MCC is broken and may never be playable... So ya thanks 343I for making people game testers and doing your work for you.

Secondly many of us "vets" have NP with changes. We just don't want the whole dam game changed so it's unrecognizable.

Thirdly you better care if it doesn't make record sales because if it doesn't that means either 1) the game isnt great and/or 2) people are loosing interest in MS flagship series which is very bad for them and I'm sure you can figure out why.
I like the changes 343 has made - they are trying to make it competitive and fresh at the same time.

Couple of suggestions for you 343:
1) Ground Pound should effect your shields like sprinting does: for example you need at least 1/4 of your main shields to be able to use it. Same thing for the Spartan Charge / Tackle.
2) Take the third person view out when going into a Spartan ability. Assassinations / Ground Pound / Charge should all be in first person, not third person. If you want to make the game competitive, keep it in first person.
3) Thrusters should negate shield regeneration like sprinting does

Those are just some of my initial thoughts. I can't wait to see what the Covenant / Promethean weapons look like. I am super excited about this game and I have been a fan of the Halo series since CE. Everyone get on the Beta and stop whining.

Cheers
S7ARB0Y wrote:
I like the changes 343 has made - they are trying to make it competitive and fresh at the same time.

Couple of suggestions for you 343:
1) Ground Pound should effect your shields like sprinting does: for example you need at least 1/4 of your main shields to be able to use it. Same thing for the Spartan Charge / Tackle.
2) Take the third person view out when going into a Spartan ability. Assassinations / Ground Pound / Charge should all be in first person, not third person. If you want to make the game competitive, keep it in first person.
3) Thrusters should negate shield regeneration like sprinting does

Those are just some of my initial thoughts. I can't wait to see what the Covenant / Promethean weapons look like. I am super excited about this game and I have been a fan of the Halo series since CE. Everyone get on the Beta and stop whining.

Cheers
Thruster doesn't last long enough to warrant no shield recharge, especially if sprint doesn't make the cut. Other than that I think these are good suggestions.
I agree
Forgive me for thinking the thruster pack insta kills are stupid. What on earth was I thinking?

There are no insta-kills with the Thruster Pack apart from the "Ground Pound" ability, but...
  1. Shoulder bashing someone from the front or sides merely strips their shields. However, hitting them from behind, as it does with a basic melee attack, will instantly kill them.
  2. The ground pound is an instant kill only if you land a direct hit. If you merely catch them in the AOE ring, then they'll be bounced out of your way, and their shields stripped. If you miss completely, then in addition to the couple of seconds it takes to charge the attack up in the first place, you're left vulnerable to enemy fire yet again.
  3. With the added movement abilities, players who are aware of who and what is above them should have ample opportunity to back away and fire upon whichever player is attempting to "pound" them.
Varlos wrote:

That is all.

For starters the MCC is broken and may never be playable... So ya thanks 343I for making people game testers and doing your work for you.

Secondly many of us "vets" have NP with changes. We just don't want the whole dam game changed so it's unrecognizable.

Thirdly you better care if it doesn't make record sales because if it doesn't that means either 1) the game isnt great and/or 2) people are loosing interest in MS flagship series which is very bad for them and I'm sure you can figure out why.
I recognize it just fine.
Worst thread by far......
halo 5 looks fun and we have MCC for classic halos
Lol! You love change... you mean you love when a game just adds crap from another game.
Lol! You love change... you mean you love when a game just adds crap from another game.
Call it oversaturation of the market. There have simply been too many ideas done to stay truly original, so the best you can do is put your original spin on it.

P.S: All these people complaining about taking from other games' mechanics and I am just chilling because I am too poor to afford most other games, so frankly copy paste or not, I think it will still feel pretty fresh for me.
That is, if I can actually afford the MCC and an XBONE.
We just want it to be competive. H4 was not competive.

All these changes are shifting from Halos core.