Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

For those who are not winning

OP PumaSpec

Communicate.
Not always just as simple as that. Try and get a few players together will also help. Nothing as bad as being in a team of solos against full party.
Exactly. Don't shoot, just talk.
I approve of this thread.
Agreed. Communication. Playing as a team and not as a bunch of solos. For example: I played against a team of people who were clearly communicating one night in BTB slayer and my team got destroyed. The other team were attacking in groups, they were dominating the power weapons, they were using vehicles for support, and they took the tactical advantage by taking the spots on the maps that were best for sniping or any other long ranged weapons. My team just ran around like fools. I forget what the end score was but it was something like 35 kills for my team. I couldn't do anything! I would step outside my base and get sniped. I would try to work the outside parts of the maps and then would be met by a swarm or enemies. It was a nightmare. But this is a good example of how some communication and team work can destroy other teams.
PumaSpec wrote:
Communicate.
Or just crouch. If you want to dominate in H5, all you gotta do is become one of the game's biggest crouchers.
In Warzone, ive found that the people with mics tend to have no clue what they are doing. I usually end up disconnecting my mic.
kinda like trying to give a blind person direction verbally.

they either know what to do and where to be on their own or they dont.

serious communication only works with competent players working towards the same goal. most players are lucky they remembered to breath. id rather not interrupt their thought process and have them suffocate.
PumaSpec wrote:
Communicate.
Or just crouch. If you want to dominate in H5, all you gotta do is become one of the game's biggest crouchers.
Pretty much this
Combine a -Yoink- aim mechanic with a short radar (I'm all for the shorter radar but when factored in with several other things its annoying) shoulder charge and the AR and you've got a whole lot of mess
Amazing how no one talks in video games anymore
It's difficult with party chat nowadays.
1 . master the quickest path to overshield/camo from initial spawn
2. Look at the timer when you grab overshield/camo
3. Come back in exactly 2 minutes and grab it again abd/or call it out to teammates before it spawns
4. win 'mo games
Most players/casuals don't use mics, and will never do. The biggest factor IMO is people leaving the team. Almost without exceptions when I see my team is far behind, we are at least one man less. The opposite is often the case if my team is crushing the other team. One way to adjust for that in Warzone could be that teams with less people get more marines in their bases.
My team and I blew a 20 point lead in BTB slayer last night and Lost 99-100. AT one point it got tied up at 96 but I didnt have my mic in and I wanted to scream at my team stop running out and dying. End up getting a double kill to take the lead 98-98 then got taken out by a sniper and then we lost by the time I respawned. I was sad. We were up 85- 65, then some how my whole team went mental.
Logipuh wrote:
Most players/casuals don't use mics, and will never do. The biggest factor IMO is people leaving the team. Almost without exceptions when I see my team is far behind, we are at least one man less. The opposite is often the case if my team is crushing the other team. One way to adjust for that in Warzone could be that teams with less people get more marines in their bases.
I hadn't considered AI as replacements for being down players in Warzone. 343 likely won't consider it, but that idea has a lot of merit. The AI is dumb, but not useless, and they don't contribute to your team's points. I'd like to see them experiment with it at least.
Yeah not that simple, buddy. For example, some guy in one of my SWAT matches had his mic on and we all could hear his wife yelling at him while he sat there AFK. He went 0-10 while we all could hear his wife ranting and then he quit the match..... Yeah communication isn't a logical solution lol and not everyone on Halo even has a microphone in sooo :P
Yeah not that simple, buddy. For example, some guy in one of my SWAT matches had his mic on and we all could hear his wife yelling at him while he sat there AFK. He went 0-10 while we all could hear his wife ranting and then he quit the match..... Yeah communication isn't a logical solution lol and not everyone on Halo even has a microphone in sooo :P
yea and since he quit the match that game doesnt count as a loss for him
As a French Canadian playing with a majority of Anglophone people it is hard for me to communicate. I do always listen to my teammates even though they might think I'm not. Since my English is not perfect combined with a huge accent, sometimes I have a hard time being understood by teammates xD
I'm always in party chat. I hate listening to randoms. I tried game chat, and I said to a teammate something like "here, take the sniper. You're clearly better with it than me." Dropped it at his feet and he picked it up and began squeaking insults at me. So that was it for game chat lol
PumaSpec wrote:
Communicate.
Nah bruh, that was Halo 3 and it's Godlike radar. I could easily get 50's crouching with shotgun, sword in pretty much every map, going +10 most of the time. It barely works to be a camper in 5. It's more about controlling a spot.
I mean, communication is important, but a lot of the time when I lose it isn't because we didn't communicate. It's often because I go into matchmaking alone and get matched up against a party of people and I'm on a team of randoms (BTB is especially notorious for this). You can still win, of course, because if your randoms are good then no harm no foul.

However, I would say that next to communication, going into matchmaking with people you can rely on is just as important. IMO that's what separates the great players from the good players, at least when it comes to winning percentage.