Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

For you: what is the worst map in HALO 5?

OP GuiiBRasilio

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
For me is the MOLTEN. I never seen a worst in a FPS game like the molten. I rate this map at all. Its completly close quarters, the gunfight occuors in a corridor and fight is basically grenade x grenade. Negative point for 343i (again)
Orion takes it by a long shot for me at least, if I had to go with a dev map I would go with Urban or Noctus.
Molten for sure
Molten.There is just no breathing room in that map and the lighting doesn't help either!
Overgrowth
Torque
Molten

All three are terrible but overgrowth is on another level. Top 5 worse map in the entire Halo franchise.
Not much of a fan of Torque, although it has grown in me in recent months. Personally I don't think any of the maps are unplayable like some were in previous titles, I guess that's an upside of having less multiplayer maps (too few).
Torque. 2 sniper rifles... it's so bad.
Arena: Molten or Overgrowth
WZ: Sanctum or Arc.
XMike15 wrote:
Not much of a fan of Torque, although it has grown in me in recent months. Personally I don't think any of the maps are unplayable like some were in previous titles, I guess that's an upside of having less multiplayer maps (too few).
i wonder if torque has actually grown on you, or if you are now comparing it to molten and molten is just... well its just awful
buckEyeOD5 wrote:
XMike15 wrote:
i wonder if torque has actually grown on you, or if you are now comparing it to molten and molten is just... well its just awful
Maybe, I haven't had that much of a bad experience with Molten so far. I can see the issues with it, and I have had a few games on it where I've wanted to tear my hair out but I've also had other good games on it so I find it hard to rate really. As I said, I can see the problems and it does feel very trapped compared to other maps, especially The Rig.
Antifreeze... not only in H5 but it could very well be the worse map in all of Halo.
all of them
XMike15 wrote:
buckEyeOD5 wrote:
XMike15 wrote:
Maybe, I haven't had that much of a bad experience with Molten so far. I can see the issues with it, and I have had a few games on it where I've wanted to tear my hair out but I've also had other good games on it so I find it hard to rate really. As I said, I can see the problems and it does feel very trapped compared to other maps, especially The Rig.
it is a very strange map. its very one dimensional. you are either throwing a grenade or you are rushing into a CQB.
buckEyeOD5 wrote:
XMike15 wrote:
buckEyeOD5 wrote:
XMike15 wrote:
it is a very strange map. its very one dimensional. you are either throwing a grenade or you are rushing into a CQB.
Yeah, there isn't many long range gun fights in that map.
Are you guys serious? Molten is an amazing map. I love whenever I get it. The lava looks really cool and you can barely tell it's a rig remix. My least favorite map would probably be overgrowth, but I don't despise it. I just like the other maps better.
Antifreeze. Super easy to escape the map.

But for aesthetic purposes, Skirmish at Darkstar. It just looks so... gloomy. Reminds me of depression.
All of them. :/
I pick Molten as the worst map. In FFA it's more tolerable than team based. The layout can be obstructive and lopsided. There's no flow to it either but that goes along with it being obstructive. And the spawns can be terrible.
Halo 5 has a pretty mediocre map selection, but Overgrowth is downright terrible. It's one of the worst Halo maps I've ever had the misfortune of playing on, along with Sword Base, Uncaged, and Complex.
For me, it has got to be Fathom.

The map flow sucks because of the insane sight lines (There should never be a spot in any map where you can look down upon both team's spawns)

There is almost no cover, reinforcing the fact that controlling the mid section of the map at the beginning is key to winning, and the enemy team can never really make a comeback.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12