Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

For you: what is the worst map in HALO 5?

OP GuiiBRasilio

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12
nPlasma wrote:
I think they are all bad...
You must run around like a clueless chicken on the maps then. You make a map then we can laugh or let me act as cool as you for a sec: "All H3 and Reach maps suck derp"
If they are all bad why did you play them for 15 days and get to 138sr
I don't play much Arena these days but for Warzone (and Turbo) I can easily say Darkstar. For some reason I end up with the worst of luck (or the worst teams) on that map and the majority of my failures stem from it.

Urban on Warzone Firefight is a different story. I honestly think 343i should replace it with Noctus.
nPlasma wrote:
You must run around like a clueless chicken on the maps then. You make a map then we can laugh or let me act as cool as you for a sec: "All H3 and Reach maps suck derp"
The question was about H5 maps, not H3 and Reach. He was answering about H5, so you are off topic, and it makes no sense...
Tyrant is my enemy.
For arena Truth
For Warzone Stormbreak
AwayMoose wrote:
nPlasma wrote:
If they are all bad why did you play them for 15 days and get to 138sr
you are looking at the wrong person I never said all maps were bad
I am the kind of person that usually don't mind much on what map I play on in Halo. However that excludes Pegasus. I despise it. As for dev maps I would pick Riptide, not because I hate it, it just feels a bit tight at times
Darki29 wrote:
All of them
and i don't say this as a joke i feel that all the Halo 5 Maps are awful, none of them are unique and none of them plays really well. At best they're mediocre.
look another salty kid trying to act all big with his exaggeration. You clearly don't understand map design. These maps are meant to work around H5's sandbox and act as proper arena maps not like many past Halo maps. This means they will function differently from classic Halo styled maps. However the maps flow well for their purpose. If you dislike this type of map approach then an arena shooter like H5 is not for you. For me Empire is more memorable than nearly every classic Halo map. I like that kind of map style
t"seriously Stasis is the worse map I've ever played on in my entire life"
That is your opinion. It works really well on CTF and assault. It was also featured in pro league and will be present in the next one for a reason
Seriously? All this talk about improving halo 5 and its community and this is what I see in the forums. Maybe people could realize the fact that maybe it isn't microsoft or 343i ruining halo, maybe its this cancerous forums and the people on it who only have negative things to say.
torque
too a degree overgrowth and riptide.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Cannot believe nobody has mentioned Recurve.

Terrible layout. Awkward map movement. Ugly unaesthetic map.

Just a big steaming pile of poop all round.

Infection maps that play like poop are Drillsite and The Crypt. These two seriously need to go.

Oh and truth. Has the exact same layout as that other poop map and it's annoying.
None really... I don't got a problem with any of the maps... just the recycling used in them.
None really... I don't got a problem with any of the maps... just the recycling used in them.
Quite. Half of the maps are remixes of others...
I despise molten it's just a spam grenade fest and people just crouch everywhere its so dumb. One time i was playing swat and i was getting spawned killed like literally just have the screen animation and die immideltly i just wanted to grab halo 5 and break it.
The better question is what is a Good Dev map in Halo 5?
Darki29 wrote:
All of them
and i don't say this as a joke i feel that all the Halo 5 Maps are awful, none of them are unique and none of them plays really well. At best they're mediocre.
look another salty kid trying to act all big with his exaggeration. You clearly don't understand map design. These maps are meant to work around H5's sandbox and act as proper arena maps not like many past Halo maps. This means they will function differently from classic Halo styled maps. However the maps flow well for their purpose. If you dislike this type of map approach then an arena shooter like H5 is not for you. For me Empire is more memorable than nearly every classic Halo map. I like that kind of map style
And another stingy person that clearly is too ignorant to let other people voice their opinion.
For starters this thread's topic is what is the worst halo 5 map for me. Now if i say that i think that all Halo 5 Maps are the worst for me just shows that i don't feel they have that much of a difference between eachother, or to put it otherwise they are all equally good / bad.
Also why do you think i don't understand map design? In my opinion most maps are pretty bad from a design perspective especially considering the immense possibilites of the new movement system. For example most maps just feature some clamberable edges or some platforms between which you can dash jump, they could've done so much more with the current movement system, hell i've seen Counter-strike maps that featured a much more complex map structur and architecture ( especially in terms of verticality ) with the clearly limited movement system of CS.
And why do maps for arena shooters have to be as boring as the halo 5 maps? Considering the possibilities of the graphics engine of Halo 5 the maps just look way too bland and similar to each other. Even if you design a map that is essentially pretty simple in itself you can atleast make it LOOK good and interesting.

But i know you wouldn't even read this because you just see someone stating that they don't like the Halo 5 maps.
That is how you will get even worse maps in the future and in Halo 6 if you just ignore other peoples opinions.
Darki29 wrote:
Darki29 wrote:
All of them
And another stingy person that clearly is too ignorant to let other people voice their opinion.
For starters this thread's topic is what is the worst halo 5 map for me. Now if i say that i think that all Halo 5 Maps are the worst for me just shows that i don't feel they have that much of a difference between eachother, or to put it otherwise they are all equally good / bad.
Also why do you think i don't understand map design? In my opinion most maps are pretty bad from a design perspective especially considering the immense possibilites of the new movement system. For example most maps just feature some clamberable edges or some platforms between which you can dash jump, they could've done so much more with the current movement system, hell i've seen Counter-strike maps that featured a much more complex map structur and architecture ( especially in terms of verticality ) with the clearly limited movement system of CS.
And why do maps for arena shooters have to be as boring as the halo 5 maps? Considering the possibilities of the graphics engine of Halo 5 the maps just look way too bland and similar to each other. Even if you design a map that is essentially pretty simple in itself you can atleast make it LOOK good and interesting.

But i know you wouldn't even read this because you just see someone stating that they don't like the Halo 5 maps.
That is how you will get even worse maps in the future and in Halo 6 if you just ignore other peoples opinions.
You bring up a great point. Some of the fans of Halo are too quick to judge critique as hating. Those are two very, very different mindsets. Those people in this thread who critique give reasons why they dislike/like certain maps allow the possibility of feedback to go back to 343i. The maps in the future might reflect the feedback that the critiques give. The people who Hate the game would not give honest feedback in this way, and try to tear down the game. If our voice is silenced like the Prophet of Truth, than we will suffer for it.
I really hate the island map in warzone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12