Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

For you: what is the worst map in HALO 5?

OP GuiiBRasilio

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 12
Molton
Molten and Torque
The Rig
Either Molten or Fathom
Warzone maps are too big, Molten is too small and lighting is bad
Halo 5 has just less than decent map choices. Overgrowth is by far they worst in the entire franchise. 343 i understand you aren't bungie but please give us something we can be proud of.
By far empire, with overgrowth close up.

The reason I dislike Empire is because its way to small for 4v4.
Strongholds on the map is literally just nade spam with no map control IMO.
Molten and Anti-Freeze.
For me, it has got to be Fathom.

The map flow sucks because of the insane sight lines (There should never be a spot in any map where you can look down upon both team's spawns)

There is almost no cover, reinforcing the fact that controlling the mid section of the map at the beginning is key to winning, and the enemy team can never really make a comeback.
Never played Truth have you? Lol
Well, I'd say A.R.C for me. It's too easy to farm and only one way for land vehicles to get from one half of the map to the other.

Goku380z wrote:
Halo 5 has just less than decent map choices. Overgrowth is by far they worst in the entire franchise. 343 i understand you aren't bungie but please give us something we can be proud of.
Yeah, I don't think anyone will (fondly) remember any of Halo 5's maps once people move on to HW2 or Halo 6. Some of them aren't bad, but none are as memorable as Blood Gulch, Avalanche, Sword Base, Sandtrap, or any of the other iconic maps.
The reskins/remakes. Really, the only reskin/remake I've actually enjoyed from the content updates is Overgrowth.
Top worst: Regret: THE WORST MAP. I regret ever playing this map. On top of that, the needler and plasma caster for the power weapons....NO! Truth: not enough BRs and way to many places to escape what should be a death. The Rig: too many power weapons for a small map. Scatter shot should change to a regular shotgun or it should be taken off the map. Scatter with invise and sniper and plasma caster...really? Then there is STASIS: Probably the worst map in Halo history, it's a rush to rockets and that's it
For me, it has got to be Fathom.

The map flow sucks because of the insane sight lines (There should never be a spot in any map where you can look down upon both team's spawns)

There is almost no cover, reinforcing the fact that controlling the mid section of the map at the beginning is key to winning, and the enemy team can never really make a comeback.
Never played Truth have you? Lol
At least Truth has more opportunities to make a comeback than Fathom.
Slayer: Pegasus or Overgrowth. They honestly have to be some of the worst maps in the history of Halo.
CTF: Truth. It's just such an open map, and very little cover.
Warzone: March on Stormbreak. Personally I feel like this map is very bland and dull.
Warzone Firefight: Urban. This map is hard to get through all the rounds.

Man, I honestly hate so many of Halo 5's Arena maps. Riptide, Overgrowth, Pegasus, Truth, Empire, Torque. Regret and Molten are pretty bad as well, but they're "ok" in my opinion.
Tie between molten and overgrowth. Most maps in this game are complete -Yoink- to me. Even truth is nothing compared to midship cause they had to make it so big cause SPRINT!
Molten.
Sorry for the long post, but I have a lot to say
(In no specific order)
Arena:
1 coliseum and the rig, way too open and small, limited pathing too
2 pegasus, just camp in the red base.
3 stasis and torque, I like torque, but it IS define they unbalanced, especially with the two hammers before, stasis, we'll the dmrs and hydra are so powerful on the map.
4 all of the doubles maps, I've even had to quit matches because they lagged so much, not to mention that a lot of them have massive sightlines and extremely overpowered power weapons.(like all 4 power ups on the same map)
5 eden and empire, I liked eden in the beta with br starts, but now both maps feel too open and too campy in Edens case (especially in swat).
Finally, all of the maps are forgettable, and when they arent, it's because they're infamously bad.
Warzone:
ALL of the launch maps.
However, all of the maps in wz place too much emphasis on capturing bases when the bosses give the most points. (The team who controls the bases gets more kills, gets better reqs, and takes out the bosses faster than the other team, as a result.)
the griftball
Walrificus wrote:
Antifreeze. Super easy to escape the map.

But for aesthetic purposes, Skirmish at Darkstar. It just looks so... gloomy. Reminds me of depression.
I actually thought Skirmish at Darkstar was a really pretty map
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 12