[Locked] Forge Controls...

OP AftermaTh XCVII

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
Okay... these controls really suck. It's like they pulled a Gears of War Judgment; taking iconic controls everyone already knew and replacing them.

Also, can someone tell me how to delete all the objects at once without flying to each individual object and holding the d-pad down on it.

EDIT (05/14/16): I've asked for this thread to be locked, as the discussion is over and this thread should not have been brought back. The controls were a bit difficult at first, but after using Forge for over 5 months, I can say that this is 100% hands down the best Forge, and the controls work great with the new system.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Apparently controls are iconic now...
Okay... these controls really suck. It's like they pulled a Gears of War Judgment; taking iconic controls everyone already knew and replacing them.

Also, can someone tell me how to delete all the objects at once without flying to each individual object and holding the d-pad down on it.
I have yet to see a delete all option, but hold down RB and scan over objects to add them to a group then hold the left on the D pad to delete them all. That is whatI did. Im having trouble learning these controls too. Not like old forge at all where you can just pick up and go. :/
Yeah, controls that we've been using for the past 8 years with little to no change... until this game that is.
Yeah, controls that we've been using for the past 8 years with little to no change... until this game that is.
Probably because the controls in the past were terribly inconvenient. The cartographers themselves said that they were weird at first until they got used to them, so maybe you should spend more than 30 minutes with them before making a judgement. Also the new controller scheme was the only good thing about judgement.
Probably because the controls in the past were terribly inconvenient. The cartographers themselves said that they were weird at first until they got used to them, so maybe you should spend more than 30 minutes with them before making a judgement. Also the new controller scheme was the only good thing about judgement.
Those controls were inconvenient? No, these are. These are literal trash and ruin the entire experience.
These controls aren't trash. They are just difficult to learn. But overall they are for a more professional level of precision. Im still learning myself.
Those controls were inconvenient? No, these are. These are literal trash and ruin the entire experience.
I don't consider going into a menu every time I want to turn an object convenient.
BIG learning curve.

But certainly not "Trash".
I don't consider going into a menu every time I want to turn an object convenient
Or you hold right trigger and rotate? I find these controls more helpful, there's just a learning curve.
I don't consider going into a menu every time I want to turn an object convenient.
I don't find all this complexity to do simple thungs convenient.
You could just get used to the new ones.
Starseid wrote:
These controls aren't trash. They are just difficult to learn. But overall they are for a more professional level of precision. Im still learning myself.
As someone who works in professional 3D applications on a daily basis I can sure tell you that it isn't a professional level of precision, I could see the applicable uses of the new system if they introduced mouse and keyboard functionality.

100% agree. I was looking forward to forge but these controls really are just terrible.
Jay S094 wrote:
You could just get used to the new ones.
Why should I have to? Maybe I'll just wait for Reach to have some quality forge, instead of trying to decode these controls.
I don't find all this complexity to do simple thungs convenient.
Yeah, it seems like it has a big learning curve. I'll just wait and see the long term consensus.
HOBO ITCHY wrote:
BIG learning curve.

But certainly not "Trash".
There should not be a "learning curve" for forge controls. Forge should be something any person can hop onto, and build random crap, without struggling to find the basic controls
Then button map your controllers in the xbox settings?
Build your own forge button layout, turn it off when you aren't using forge.LIGHTBULB

100% agree. I was looking forward to forge but these controls really are just terrible.
Yeah, same. I was really looking forward to building some fun things. But I don't even want to touch this disgrace.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26