3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 26
alxDunker wrote:
Why is A down and B up? Am I the only one that thinks this is completely backwards? Overall the controls aren't complete trash but they could definitely be ALOT better.
I still think those should be the jobs of the the bumpers. And A should be select, and B should be the Tools menu... like in the old games.
You do have the ability to remap the buttons in the Xbox Accessories app if you're so inclined. Just have a Forge controller profile setup.

To weigh in personally, once I spent sometime getting used to it, everything worked fine and it made using a lot of the new features a breeze. I can't imagine getting some of the new stuff to work with the old controls.
Yes, but if I remap them, it's for the entire game, not just Forge.
Trying to appreciate forge as it is right now, where I see more than just me is having PROBLEMS understanding/coping and/or just trying to select something or see something is a lot like looking at a full bag of garbage and looking at it and thinking to oneself "wow this is a bag of garbage, how should I enjoy it. Do I try to sift through it?

what do you normally do with your garbage? Do you appreciate it for what it is. Do you keep around and try to play with it, and complain to the people who are having having garbage issues to appreciate the garbage for what it is? Does having garbage around excite you? Do you take you wherever you go, do you dream of garbage? Do you cradle garbage in your hands and love it most dearly?

if if your answer is no, then rejoice, and pray ALOT that 343i will fix soooon.

If if your answer unfortunately yes, you may have a garbage fetish and should consult a doctor immediately.
The only bad part is moving vertically is no longer on the bumpers.
Everyone needs to give it more time instead of taking such little time to judge it. You have to take time with lots of things before just immediately knowing how to do so.
Seems alright, might need more time before we can judge them
I picked up the new controls after about an hour. Let's be clear, it was real crappy hour, but after that it was fine.
Everyone needs to give it more time instead of taking such little time to judge it. You have to take time with lots of things before just immediately knowing how to do so.
Just saying, we may not like it. As I stated in the original post, Gears Judgment tried to change its controls it has always used. And people did not like the change at all. So getting used to it may not make a difference for some.
Yeah this is all true but give them a break Forge is a hard thing to make. Although their forges in the other halos were a lot better still on a big game like this it'll take some time to perfect it
I am used to the controls by now and I just simply hate it I don't have any problems using it anymore I just don't enjoy using it at all where as I enjoyed all previous versions of forge, particularly the lack of a grab tool like in every forge to date has just ruined my enjoyment with the new editor.
Hey guys,
As you's all know the new update has arrived which is great, I was wondering if you's can help me in forge mode, it's allot different and allot to take in. I was wondering if anyone wants to be forge buddies if so (must have a mic) just add me as a friend. As below cheers and thank you
GT - Im Kriptonic
I personally liked when you actually had to work at it pretty hard to get something to Line up perfectly, as convient as snapping and all these other tools are, it really did take away the almost art work of forge maps. But, it does now create the opportunity for bigger better forge making much quicker.
Seriously though these controls are really difficult after getting so used to all the past controls for forge. I don't know if its just me but "B" to go up and "A" to go down is really awkward. Considering A is to jump and B is to crouch on most normal controls.
I personally liked when you actually had to work at it pretty hard to get something to Line up perfectly, as convient as snapping and all these other tools are, it really did take away the almost art work of forge maps. But, it does now create the opportunity for bigger better forge making much quicker.
Seriously though these controls are really difficult after getting so used to all the past controls for forge. I don't know if its just me but "B" to go up and "A" to go down is really awkward. Considering A is to jump and B is to crouch on most normal controls.
It's not just you it goes again what people are used to in terms of controllers and A being jump / upward momentum.
I don't mind the current controller settings as long as they add different controller schemes or, even better, add in customizable button mapping.
The only bad part is moving vertically is no longer on the bumpers.
absolutely agree. I also am not a big fan of using the left stick as the boost. I preferred that as left trigger
Forge controls.... Ratings so far: 8/10, they're difficult to learn but give an outstanding experience, no doubt will improve.
TS Prelith wrote:
Forge controls.... Ratings so far: 8/10, they're difficult to learn but give an outstanding experience, no doubt will improve.
Agree. I remember how confused I was with the controls in Forge when I first started on Reach. 5's will take some getting used to, but it looks really promising so far.
Why is A down and B up? Am I the only one that thinks this is completely backwards? Overall the controls aren't complete trash but they could definitely be ALOT better.
YES. This is backwards. They need to at least fix this. I personally would like to have the previous controls where LB was up, RB was down, and A was select.
Maybe it's cause I've never forged in any of the older halo but I spent almost 2 hours in it today when I could have been trying out the new maps. I was surprised at how much I was enjoying myself. And I was still pressing wrong buttons cause I was still learning the controllers near the end.

I have one question though, does anyone know how to auto-level instead of having to meticulously level by hand. Would come in great especially on a canvas like Parallax.
Quote:
Psh
When Forge first came out in Halo 3 (apparently the best Halo ever according to a very obnoxious crowd) there was a learning curve. I bet you spent quite a bit of time learning how to building things without phasing, or magnets, and the clunky monitor movement. I bet you also spent a lot of time going into each menu and spawning everything, just to see what it looked like.... and then maybe deleting them one by one:) Halo 5 Forge is no different, there's a learning curve, there is with everything. This Forge has very much to offer and to be honest it really isn't that hard to hop on in and have some fun with friends. My friend hoped on earlier and got the controls down in 5 minutes, my 12 year old bro hoped on and got the controls in just about the same, I've been playing for a hour at least and I'm making a pretty nice looking Slender map. To be honest there's a flippin' control map on the left side of the screen. 343i has done a great job going from Halo 4 to Halo 5, remember 4's Multiplayer? This Forge mode was free, not that it should have been a paid dlc or delayed to December but it was free non the less, and its a great map making tool. It's also a great way to have fun, as long as you and your friends aren't monkeys banging on controllers.

343i took over the mantle of Halo, and a lot of Bungie employees stayed. Maybe this is how Bungie would have done Halo 5, or maybe they would have made it into a trainwreck like Destiny, or maybe they would have left us with that horribly lazy cliff hangar, "Wake me, when you need me." Either way the game is different then the ones before, and people need to except that, they don't need to like it but complaining like a little child won't solve anything. Constructive, unbiased, and mature critiquing is the way Companies decide their next move based on their mistakes.

Thank you ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 26