Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [Forge Help] Strongholds Settings

OP ChrisHatesTuna

Okay guys so I'm about to forge a map for the Strongholds game type but want to get the game setting related stuff all ready before working on the visual stuff.

I have my three stronghold points in place but when I go in to a custom game to test none of them "capture" when I am in the zone.

Do I need to set/change any settings on the Stronghold points to activate them or is this because I am testing them in a custom on my own? I noticed there is a setting for Team 1, Team 2, Neutral etc. but whichever I put them on it still doesn't work?

There are three strongholds, one is at each teams "base" and then a middle stronghold where the majority of the action is to take place.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Not sure about this one, when I try to use Strongholds they will capture but no points are awarded once captured. I've tried everything in both Object Settings (Forge) and game settings (Custom Games) but I can't seem to get it to work. Is this what is happening to you, or they won't capture at all? All I can think of for your problem is that you have set the capture zone to "Box" and then forgot to expand it. When you switch to "Box" under Object properties it usually is just a tiny little sliver of line that you need to expand.
Wow, you posted this back in 2015 and no real solid answers from 343i. Do they not monitor these pages ?

I hope you got an answer finally. I noticed that you couldn't score points when you spawned into a game solo, another player has to join to score points. I just finished a map and during my testing my strongholds worked just fine. however tonight I played with a friend and neither of us could score points. I only found your post because I was trying to figure out what I might have changed for the scoring to stop.
ooSnip3r wrote:
Wow, you posted this back in 2015 and no real solid answers from 343i. Do they not monitor these pages ?

I hope you got an answer finally. I noticed that you couldn't score points when you spawned into a game solo, another player has to join to score points. I just finished a map and during my testing my strongholds worked just fine. however tonight I played with a friend and neither of us could score points. I only found your post because I was trying to figure out what I might have changed for the scoring to stop.
Please don't revive 2 year old topics. It's not always possible for the community to provide an answer to every topic