Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge is coming to Windows 10 later this year!

OP RhysWX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
ronnie42 wrote:
They want us to make maps with limitations on PC, it doesn't make sense to use forge when there are better editors on PC like UE4, Unity. I seriously doubt that Forge will start allowing custom objects/textures or increase the horrible size limitations of what someone could make.
Since this is coming out on pc I wouldn't put it past the community, or certain members, to mod the limits on pc forge to allow massive maps with infinite budgets
There goes 343 again, not listening to the community and milking us for more money.

/s
Its free btw lol. I saw your sarcasm.
Well, I believe with the Windows 10 anniversary update the Xbox one will be getting mouse and keyboard support. Well, it already has keyboard support. But mouse is coming

Either way. I always thought forging on a PC or xbox with mouse and keyboard would be better. More control imo. I can't wait for this maybe ill actually use forge now lol.
I hoping we can get some more sweet maps added, by adding this level of intricacy to forge.
RhysWX wrote:
Quote:
From the very beginning, community creations have been central to the Halo experience. From stacking up grenades underneath an unsuspecting Warthog to multiplayer movie-making, the Halo sandbox has always been fertile soil for millions of moments and memories created for, and by, the fans.
In 2007, Halo 3 upped the ante with the introduction of a map manipulation tool called Forge, and quite literally changed the game forever, enabling a cascade of creativity, from new map and unique game type experiences to interactive art – all created by the community itself.
When Forge was redesigned from the ground up for Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One, it opened the door to even more inventive community-created content, pushing the boundaries even further to give players more power and control than ever before, and removing as many constraints as possible to allow for the creation of incredibly high quality maps. From the stunningly beautiful maps created by WyvernZu, to the hilarious mini-games from TurbTastic, we’ve been continually blown away with the countless crazy and creative experiences that Halo fans have made. As a famous Spartan once said, however, “I think we’re just getting started…”

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bring this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including:
  • Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision control than ever before.
  • Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.
  • Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
  • Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.
If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

“Forge on the PC will finally give the mouse/keyboard editing precision the community has always been clamoring for. On top of that, an updated and optimized UI geared towards mouse interactions makes a lot of the inputs in Forge easier/faster than before.
Since we released Forge in Halo 5 we’ve seen so many amazing new things come from it – from weird mini-games we could have never anticipated to meticulously crafted maps that are even approaching the visual quality of internally built maps. The team has continued to wonder what we’d get if we could put Forge in the hands of as many people as possible, and making it free on Windows 10 literally gives the chance to anyone who wants to jump in and try their hands at building a cool new map for Halo 5. I’m excited to see what the future content from the community will bring!”
  • Tom French, UGC Director, 343 Industries
We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more.
As always, stay tuned to HaloWaypoint.com and @Halo for all the latest on Forge and rest of the Halo universe.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/19/forging-ahead-the-halo-forge-experience-comes-to-windows-10-pc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

HOLY HELL.
This is genius by 343i! Still waiting for Halo 6 to pc to be announced as well with cross platform support.
RAD!!!!
I feel like I could probably do some really good forging with a mouse and keyboard, but most likely I'm going to start something do it for maybe a few hours get blocked and forget about it
CyberNova wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
They want us to make maps with limitations on PC, it doesn't make sense to use forge when there are better editors on PC like UE4, Unity. I seriously doubt that Forge will start allowing custom objects/textures or increase the horrible size limitations of what someone could make.
Since this is coming out on pc I wouldn't put it past the community, or certain members, to mod the limits on pc forge to allow massive maps with infinite budgets
Sure modders will try this but at this point I think the modders are more bothered by the Halo Online modding because of the restrictions that made it Russia only. In it's current state it just feels like modders will just remove it from the Microsoft servers to avoid the forge mods getting them banned. Personally in it's current state there are better editors out there so can't see the point in making maps with poor limitations that probably wouldn't be scaled up since there being designed so they can be ported to Xbox One.
This is quite surprising. Although I'm very comfortable already with Xbox one controller forging.
Unexpected
Great news! I'm not a Forger, but I know this will help the community make more, better maps.
Yaaaaaaaaaassss.
At this rate Microsoft might as well release Halo 5 on PC.
Quote:
Exclusive to windows 10 botnet!
Yeah, pass.
So.

Quote:
Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
H5 on PC confirmed?
I've felt more at home in Bethesda's Creation Kit than in Halo's Forge for a while now, so I'm very interested to see what PC Forge will be like. Here's hoping we can rebind the controls at least a little, to mimic whatever other editors we're familiar with.

EDIT: ...and here's hoping we can run it at Ultra-Low graphics. Not all of us have top-tier gaming rigs. :\
That's pretty neat!
HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!! YES!!! SO MUCH YES!!!

I'm so excited to see if these maps made by the PC Community will be added into Halo 5 gameplay! This has just opened so many doors for the future!
Hell yeah. Now I can actually get into Forging.

Wait, does this mean we might get Halo 5 on PC. If so, I need to ditch my Xbone, PC Gaming Master Race all the way!
As long as a physical Xbox exists I doubt that Halo will get released on PC concurrent with the console version. It's one of only a handful of series that the Xbox has to sell consoles. The integration is a good idea. It pressures people who aren't already upgraded to Windows 10 to do so, and for the handful of people that don't have a Xbox One and Halo 5 but do want to Forge it will pressure them into getting a Xbox. Plus better controls and functionality. I actually had a post about this way before Halo 5 was released. I think it's awesome.
If the full game gets released on pc I will actually sell my xbox.
There goes 343 again, not listening to the community and milking us for more money.

/s
Its free btw lol. I saw your sarcasm.
Just because it costs you no money to get doesn't mean it's free. It takes up memory on your 'puter. And you have to look at the 'puter to download it. Time is money.

Double /s
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9