Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge is coming to Windows 10 later this year!

OP RhysWX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
Just when I thought Forge couldn't get any better...
I think this is proof 343 is dedicated to halo 5. This game isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This may sound like exaggeration, but this is ground breaking. Long time forgers will use this of course but now anyone that has had the slightest intention of video game editing will give this a shot. This is opening a window that used to not even exsist.
This is awesome news
Sounds a lot like custom games in general may be opened to a wider audience. This also reminds me of the rumour surrounding custom games matchmaking...
"Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10."
The forge team deserves a medal. They've gone above and beyond in pretty much every way. They've been innovative and have listened to community requests closely. If every team at 343 were as phenomenal as the forge team Halo 5 would be 1000x better.
The forge team deserves a medal. They've gone above and beyond in pretty much every way. They've been innovative and have listened to community requests closely. If every team at 343 were as phenomenal as the forge team Halo 5 would be 1000x better.
Agreed, I have noticed the amount of work they have put into Forge since the CG update, and I hardly use Forge!
Yes, I will finally make a decent map!
Oh yes! I can't wait! <3
If you have a life outside the game, the new forge takes too much time to build. For the older generations that loved to forge but now are limited because of actual lives, its hard to say whether this is a good move or not. Based on what I see so far, the new forge is bias towards older gamers that have responsibilities toward their kids and other loved ones. Just my opinion.
I might actually forge now since XBO controls are so -Yoink-.
sounds awesome and amazing
This news lends me to believe that future Halo titles will indeed be heading to PC.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
I will finalli get my hands on forge seriously!
Xbox One's life is soon to die. Soon it will e Halo 5 Guardians for PC.
This is exactly what I wanted.
As cool as this is, I don't really see any benefits besides having mouse and keyboard support and if the controls are really easy to use, or streamlined; than I'd see maps being able to be made alittle faster. But there's going to be a big learning curve again, as a lot of people already have difficulties with Forging on the X1. The other benefit is being able to Forge on the go if you have a Win10 enabled laptop. I can now finally work on maps when I'm out on business trips!

As of right now, Forge on PC only seems like an extra peripheral. 4k resolution doesn't add anything as the X1 doesn't support it, or if you don't own a 4k TV or monitor than its pointless. So that feature is just a little preference. If the bulk of Halo 5 doesn't come to PC than I personally would choose Forging on X1 over it because there will be important features missing such as Customs. (Although they seemed to hint at Customs as well.) But most of my friends will be on X1 as they don't have decent PCs or don't want Win10. So finding Customs would only be beneficial on X1 anyways unless there's cross play enabled. This is important to test maps to the fullest. Plus I'd still rather be in the comfort of my couch or bed with my headset talking with my friends in a party.

Modding will be next to impossible since it's running off of the Win10 infrastructure and the fact that the game runs off of a dedicated server. So I feel like this whole idea both a good and bad thing. It only really seems to serve as a way to get Halo on the PC scene and open up a way for others to play or get into the Forge mode. As it stands, personally as a Forger, I'd choose building on the X1 over PC. But if I'm away from my Xbox, this serves as a way for me to work while away from home. Probably the only time I'll use it. But I could be wrong?

I could see this as being beneficial if they started a Forgers program that helps Forgers get a little bit of extra cash by working from home to make maps for the game. And if not cash, than maybe it'll allow people who are interested in the program to better have a chance of getting their maps published into matchmaking or something. Sort of a way to get recognition, without having to rely on YouTube or Forge sites. But there's a lot of better alternatives on PC for building maps or even games. As an artist and animator myself, I already have a bunch of studio apps like Unreal, CryEngine, Maya, Ect. so Forge might not get used too much.

But hey? It's nice to have options, so I hope the Forge PC community does grow! This is quite exciting!
Now Halo 5 on Pc, please. No no, much better, all Halo games, ty.
Maybe focus in Halo 5 on XBOX ONE instead of PC. Give us a File browser first. Give us Permeant playlist from the past Halo games. Screw PC, save Halo 5 first on Xbox One because we payed $60 FREAKN dollars. Why not just give us keyboard and mouse support instead of making forge for PC? You guys should make Halo 5 Forge FOR FREE for people paying for XBOX LIVE!
Very cool. And it's free? Well done, 343.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9