Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge is coming to Windows 10 later this year!

OP RhysWX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
Who cares about forge... I want black undersuits! And a good halo story! And mark 7 armor for crying out loud!
This is awesome. Maybe I'll actually be able to forge Halo 5 maps. I still can't get used to the new forge controls lol.
This means Windows ten can run the halo 5 engine so Halo 5 guardians of confirmed?
Chapu1050 wrote:
This means Windows ten can run the halo 5 engine so Halo 5 guardians of confirmed?
Wait Halo 5 doesn't have split screen and no game that I know of in pc is split screen. Maybe 343 made halo 5 for pic changed their mind and didn't have time to put in split screen. Iluminati confurmed
Haven´t looked in the forge mode until a few minutes ago. it was very confusing at first, but ill look forward to the weekend, so i can learn it. so much different than the other forge modes in the previous halos :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
RhysWX wrote:
Quote:
From the very beginning, community creations have been central to the Halo experience. From stacking up grenades underneath an unsuspecting Warthog to multiplayer movie-making, the Halo sandbox has always been fertile soil for millions of moments and memories created for, and by, the fans.
In 2007, Halo 3 upped the ante with the introduction of a map manipulation tool called Forge, and quite literally changed the game forever, enabling a cascade of creativity, from new map and unique game type experiences to interactive art – all created by the community itself.
When Forge was redesigned from the ground up for Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One, it opened the door to even more inventive community-created content, pushing the boundaries even further to give players more power and control than ever before, and removing as many constraints as possible to allow for the creation of incredibly high quality maps. From the stunningly beautiful maps created by WyvernZu, to the hilarious mini-games from TurbTastic, we’ve been continually blown away with the countless crazy and creative experiences that Halo fans have made. As a famous Spartan once said, however, “I think we’re just getting started…”

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bring this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including:
  • Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision control than ever before.
  • Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.
  • Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
  • Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.
If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

“Forge on the PC will finally give the mouse/keyboard editing precision the community has always been clamoring for. On top of that, an updated and optimized UI geared towards mouse interactions makes a lot of the inputs in Forge easier/faster than before.
Since we released Forge in Halo 5 we’ve seen so many amazing new things come from it – from weird mini-games we could have never anticipated to meticulously crafted maps that are even approaching the visual quality of internally built maps. The team has continued to wonder what we’d get if we could put Forge in the hands of as many people as possible, and making it free on Windows 10 literally gives the chance to anyone who wants to jump in and try their hands at building a cool new map for Halo 5. I’m excited to see what the future content from the community will bring!”
  • Tom French, UGC Director, 343 Industries
We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more.
As always, stay tuned to HaloWaypoint.com and @Halo for all the latest on Forge and rest of the Halo universe.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/19/forging-ahead-the-halo-forge-experience-comes-to-windows-10-pc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

HOLY HELL.
This is genius by 343i! Still waiting for Halo 6 to pc to be announced as well with cross platform support.
I hate it when people say "x would ruin halo", but honestly, cross platform matchmaking would legitimately ruin Halo. You'd get the PC aimbotters, etc. It would ruin the game for console gamers, and be self cannibalisation by Microsoft. I think they will continue with Halo games on PC separate to on Console, but have Xbox the official console for comps.
No OFFICIAL SERVER of any pc shooter I've ever played in the last 25 years has allowed any of that crap to happen for long.

Meanwhile, the rapid fire controllers are rampant on Xbox one.
Cant wait
jlongx83 wrote:
RhysWX wrote:
Quote:
From the very beginning, community creations have been central to the Halo experience. From stacking up grenades underneath an unsuspecting Warthog to multiplayer movie-making, the Halo sandbox has always been fertile soil for millions of moments and memories created for, and by, the fans.
In 2007, Halo 3 upped the ante with the introduction of a map manipulation tool called Forge, and quite literally changed the game forever, enabling a cascade of creativity, from new map and unique game type experiences to interactive art – all created by the community itself.
When Forge was redesigned from the ground up for Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One, it opened the door to even more inventive community-created content, pushing the boundaries even further to give players more power and control than ever before, and removing as many constraints as possible to allow for the creation of incredibly high quality maps. From the stunningly beautiful maps created by WyvernZu, to the hilarious mini-games from TurbTastic, we’ve been continually blown away with the countless crazy and creative experiences that Halo fans have made. As a famous Spartan once said, however, “I think we’re just getting started…”

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bring this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including:
  • Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision control than ever before.
  • Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.
  • Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
  • Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.
If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

“Forge on the PC will finally give the mouse/keyboard editing precision the community has always been clamoring for. On top of that, an updated and optimized UI geared towards mouse interactions makes a lot of the inputs in Forge easier/faster than before.
Since we released Forge in Halo 5 we’ve seen so many amazing new things come from it – from weird mini-games we could have never anticipated to meticulously crafted maps that are even approaching the visual quality of internally built maps. The team has continued to wonder what we’d get if we could put Forge in the hands of as many people as possible, and making it free on Windows 10 literally gives the chance to anyone who wants to jump in and try their hands at building a cool new map for Halo 5. I’m excited to see what the future content from the community will bring!”
  • Tom French, UGC Director, 343 Industries
We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more.
As always, stay tuned to HaloWaypoint.com and @Halo for all the latest on Forge and rest of the Halo universe.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/19/forging-ahead-the-halo-forge-experience-comes-to-windows-10-pc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

HOLY HELL.
This is genius by 343i! Still waiting for Halo 6 to pc to be announced as well with cross platform support.
I hate it when people say "x would ruin halo", but honestly, cross platform matchmaking would legitimately ruin Halo. You'd get the PC aimbotters, etc. It would ruin the game for console gamers, and be self cannibalisation by Microsoft. I think they will continue with Halo games on PC separate to on Console, but have Xbox the official console for comps.
No OFFICIAL SERVER of any pc shooter I've ever played in the last 25 years has allowed any of that crap to happen for long.

Meanwhile, the rapid fire controllers are rampant on Xbox one.
Very true don't yo agree this could be the final nail in the coffin that is Xbox?. I am excited to get back into Pc gaming i am hoping e3 will reveal h5 for pc
jlongx83 wrote:
RhysWX wrote:
Quote:
From the very beginning, community creations have been central to the Halo experience. From stacking up grenades underneath an unsuspecting Warthog to multiplayer movie-making, the Halo sandbox has always been fertile soil for millions of moments and memories created for, and by, the fans.
In 2007, Halo 3 upped the ante with the introduction of a map manipulation tool called Forge, and quite literally changed the game forever, enabling a cascade of creativity, from new map and unique game type experiences to interactive art – all created by the community itself.
When Forge was redesigned from the ground up for Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One, it opened the door to even more inventive community-created content, pushing the boundaries even further to give players more power and control than ever before, and removing as many constraints as possible to allow for the creation of incredibly high quality maps. From the stunningly beautiful maps created by WyvernZu, to the hilarious mini-games from TurbTastic, we’ve been continually blown away with the countless crazy and creative experiences that Halo fans have made. As a famous Spartan once said, however, “I think we’re just getting started…”

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bring this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including:
  • Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision control than ever before.
  • Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.
  • Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
  • Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.
If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

“Forge on the PC will finally give the mouse/keyboard editing precision the community has always been clamoring for. On top of that, an updated and optimized UI geared towards mouse interactions makes a lot of the inputs in Forge easier/faster than before.
Since we released Forge in Halo 5 we’ve seen so many amazing new things come from it – from weird mini-games we could have never anticipated to meticulously crafted maps that are even approaching the visual quality of internally built maps. The team has continued to wonder what we’d get if we could put Forge in the hands of as many people as possible, and making it free on Windows 10 literally gives the chance to anyone who wants to jump in and try their hands at building a cool new map for Halo 5. I’m excited to see what the future content from the community will bring!”
  • Tom French, UGC Director, 343 Industries
We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more.
As always, stay tuned to HaloWaypoint.com and @Halo for all the latest on Forge and rest of the Halo universe.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/19/forging-ahead-the-halo-forge-experience-comes-to-windows-10-pc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

HOLY HELL.
This is genius by 343i! Still waiting for Halo 6 to pc to be announced as well with cross platform support.
I hate it when people say "x would ruin halo", but honestly, cross platform matchmaking would legitimately ruin Halo. You'd get the PC aimbotters, etc. It would ruin the game for console gamers, and be self cannibalisation by Microsoft. I think they will continue with Halo games on PC separate to on Console, but have Xbox the official console for comps.
No OFFICIAL SERVER of any pc shooter I've ever played in the last 25 years has allowed any of that crap to happen for long.

Meanwhile, the rapid fire controllers are rampant on Xbox one.
Very true don't yo agree this could be the final nail in the coffin that is Xbox?. I am excited to get back into Pc gaming i am hoping e3 will reveal h5 for pc
Phil Spencer already said it's unlikely that Halo 5 comes to PC. Likewise, it would be pretty stupid of Microsoft to put their best series onto PC. Nothing is stopping people buying PS4s now, but removing Halo from the Xbox would definitely make Xbox sales suffer.
I am so incredibly keen for this, not only to create and see what people can do with the fine controls of a PC but to also play Halo 5 with my friends who all play on PC. If the whole game came to PC as well I would be HELLA keen.

Depending how they handle M+KB vs Controller matchmaking and hacking, it could totally be a revival of the population in Australia.

Also - Called it before h5 released. Might go dig up the old thread for proof hahah
I am sooo excited!!!!
RhysWX wrote:
There goes 343 again, not listening to the community and milking us for more money.

/s
I'd like to imagine this is sarcasm
That's usually what an /s means.
Its all free doe....
Quote:
There goes 343 again, not listening to the community and milking us for more money.

/s
I'd like to imagine this is sarcasm
That's usually what an /s means.
Thought so :p Any idea how the whole 4k Textures and stuff will work? The One doesn't support them (for now anyway)
OH MY GOD IT SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE FREE GUYS
Sami091 wrote:
I have BF4 on PC and Xbone. It looks amazing on PC compared to xbox, but I won't play it. Too many hackers cheating. If you enjoy getting shot through walls by invincible enemies then keep asking for Halo on PC.

Edit: I know they are talking about forge, that's cool, but please not the core game.
Damn. Is it really that bad ? Maybe I'll stick with Xbox after all lol.

On topic this is pretty awesome news for forgers, I might have to give it a shot on PC.
No, it really isn't that bad. I play PC games all of the time, I've never matched with cheaters and hackers. I've matched with laggy Brazilians on BF4, but that's about it.

Now, on older games, you are going to run across hackers, simply because they are no longer being supported by the developer with anti-cheat software (think Gamespy before they shut down). It's the way of the world, as games get older and get less support, hackers start taking over. And this isn't exclusive to PC, I've heard of several instances of console gamers cheating, in games like World at War, and in Halo 2 and I believe in Halo 3, a long time ago.
Forge support on Windows 10 should have been in at launch. Don't thank them for anything.
Sami091 wrote:
I have BF4 on PC and Xbone. It looks amazing on PC compared to xbox, but I won't play it. Too many hackers cheating. If you enjoy getting shot through walls by invincible enemies then keep asking for Halo on PC.

Edit: I know they are talking about forge, that's cool, but please not the core game.
Damn. Is it really that bad ? Maybe I'll stick with Xbox after all lol.

On topic this is pretty awesome news for forgers, I might have to give it a shot on PC.
No, it really isn't that bad. I play PC games all of the time, I've never matched with cheaters and hackers. I've matched with laggy Brazilians on BF4, but that's about it.

Now, on older games, you are going to run across hackers, simply because they are no longer being supported by the developer with anti-cheat software (think Gamespy before they shut down). It's the way of the world, as games get older and get less support, hackers start taking over. And this isn't exclusive to PC, I've heard of several instances of console gamers cheating, in games like World at War, and in Halo 2 and I believe in Halo 3, a long time ago.
When was Halo 3 on pc?
Yay At least halo can be on the pc once again
i don't like this news
Sami091 wrote:
I have BF4 on PC and Xbone. It looks amazing on PC compared to xbox, but I won't play it. Too many hackers cheating. If you enjoy getting shot through walls by invincible enemies then keep asking for Halo on PC.

Edit: I know they are talking about forge, that's cool, but please not the core game.
Damn. Is it really that bad ? Maybe I'll stick with Xbox after all lol.

On topic this is pretty awesome news for forgers, I might have to give it a shot on PC.
No, it really isn't that bad. I play PC games all of the time, I've never matched with cheaters and hackers. I've matched with laggy Brazilians on BF4, but that's about it.

Now, on older games, you are going to run across hackers, simply because they are no longer being supported by the developer with anti-cheat software (think Gamespy before they shut down). It's the way of the world, as games get older and get less support, hackers start taking over. And this isn't exclusive to PC, I've heard of several instances of console gamers cheating, in games like World at War, and in Halo 2 and I believe in Halo 3, a long time ago.
When was Halo 3 on pc?
I never said it was, I said Halo 3 on Xbox 360 had cheaters and hackers a long time ago. There was even an Arby 'n the Chief episode devoted to that, the Bungie Police, who were blue armored and invulnerable and killed cheaters with Gravity Hammers.

As I said, hacking and cheating is not exclusive to PC, it also happens on consoles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9