Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge is coming to Windows 10 later this year!

OP RhysWX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9
Forge support on Windows 10 should have been in at launch. Don't thank them for anything.
maybe
I'm really excited for this. Halo 5 Forge is amazing, but I've really struggled with the controls, this is something I've wanted since Halo 3 and I couldn't be happier.
Goodbye Xbox :'(
I have BF4 on PC and Xbone. It looks amazing on PC compared to xbox, but I won't play it. Too many hackers cheating. If you enjoy getting shot through walls by invincible enemies then keep asking for Halo on PC.

Edit: I know they are talking about forge, that's cool, but please not the core game.
Damn. Is it really that bad ? Maybe I'll stick with Xbox after all lol.

On topic this is pretty awesome news for forgers, I might have to give it a shot on PC.
No, it really isn't that bad. I play PC games all of the time, I've never matched with cheaters and hackers. I've matched with laggy Brazilians on BF4, but that's about it.

Now, on older games, you are going to run across hackers, simply because they are no longer being supported by the developer with anti-cheat software (think Gamespy before they shut down). It's the way of the world, as games get older and get less support, hackers start taking over. And this isn't exclusive to PC, I've heard of several instances of console gamers cheating, in games like World at War, and in Halo 2 and I believe in Halo 3, a long time ago.
Ok that's good to know, thanks for clearing that up a bit. I have never really gamed anything online on PC, mostly just played single players like Skyrim, Mass Effect and Command and Conquer now and then. But if Halo went to PC there would be literally nothing keeping me on Xbox anymore.
tsassi wrote:
This is very interesting. I haven't bothered to try the Halo 5 Forge, but now it seems I have no reason to not try it. I do wonder though, does this imply something about Halo slowly moving towards PC in general, or whether this is just a direct response to the requests over the years to have a PC Forge.
I think from earlier comments made about this (before release) it is inevitable, I always have. I have no issue with it either. I will still buy my consoles as Halo is not all I play. I can't see why any gamer would not want their games to have a wider audience. Doom has cross platform with snap map. Rocket League is cross platform, I have a feeling Titanfall 2 will also have it in some way. Why not Halo ? As for Forge, I don't use it, but many do. This allows them more mobile options, a quick build update on lunch break etc. I see nothing bad about this.
I never use forge mode when I am playing on my xbox, but if I have the opportunity to do it on my computer I will be churning out forge maps like crazy
eviltedi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
This is very interesting. I haven't bothered to try the Halo 5 Forge, but now it seems I have no reason to not try it. I do wonder though, does this imply something about Halo slowly moving towards PC in general, or whether this is just a direct response to the requests over the years to have a PC Forge.
I think from earlier comments made about this (before release) it is inevitable, I always have. I have no issue with it either. I will still buy my consoles as Halo is not all I play. I can't see why any gamer would not want their games to have a wider audience. Doom has cross platform with snap map. Rocket League is cross platform, I have a feeling Titanfall 2 will also have it in some way. Why not Halo ? As for Forge, I don't use it, but many do. This allows them more mobile options, a quick build update on lunch break etc. I see nothing bad about this.
maybe
Now I can finally play Halo at school lol
eviltedi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
people will buy ps4, because its have exclusive games
Is that a serious comment or troll ? People will buy the consoles for the games they want to play. I know not one person that will buy a PS 4 if Halo goes to PC again. You do know we played CE and Halo 2 on PC as well as Xbox. I better go get the PS 2 I bought because of that lol.
it's finally here
Anyone know about what time forge will be on the PC so I can make the maps I make better and do better scripting
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9