Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Forge Issue: Moving Objects

OP Greshman

Hey All. I've been playing around with Forge and I'm having an issue moving objects around. Here's the issue specifically:

When I select an object to move, I can toggle between "normal" and "precision" movement speeds to place the objects. The problem is, either setting results in only being able to move objects at precision speed (ridiculously slow). I'm able to hold the left thumbstick and go to "boost" speed, but sometimes this isn't efficient because I often fly by my intended target at break-neck speed (especially when moving objects vertically with A&B button pushes). Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Greshman wrote:
Hey All. I've been playing around with Forge and I'm having an issue moving objects around. Here's the issue specifically:

When I select an object to move, I can toggle between "normal" and "precision" movement speeds to place the objects. The problem is, either setting results in only being able to move objects at precision speed (ridiculously slow). I'm able to hold the left thumbstick and go to "boost" speed, but sometimes this isn't efficient because I often fly by my intended target at break-neck speed (especially when moving objects vertically with A&B button pushes). Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
You've got a move snap on. Press right or left on the d-pad to change it back to none
I think the bigger an object, the slower it is to move around at normal speed.
I think the bigger an object, the slower it is to move around at normal speed.
Not the case, he just has a move snap on. I had the same problem.
Greshman wrote:

You've got a move snap on. Press right or left on the d-pad to change it back to none
Bingo! That fixed it! I had it on Z-Fight fixer. Thanks a lot! I'm a total Forge noob, but what exactly is that Snap setting for? Is it to somehow facilitate snapping pieces together?
Greshman wrote:
Greshman wrote:

Bingo! That fixed it! I had it on Z-Fight fixer. Thanks a lot! I'm a total Forge noob, but what exactly is that Snap setting for? Is it to somehow facilitate snapping pieces together?
No problem man, glad to help! Also it's for moving an object an exact distance (if you want to snap objects together the magnets setting is what you want). If you remember rotational snaps in Reach and 4; you could move an object exactly 90 degrees. Well the move snap is just like that but for distances instead.
Greshman wrote:
Greshman wrote:

No problem man, glad to help! Also it's for moving an object an exact distance (if you want to snap objects together the magnets setting is what you want). If you remember rotational snaps in Reach and 4; you could move an object exactly 90 degrees. Well the move snap is just like that but for distances instead.
Got it. I can now see when/why the snap feature is useful. Thanks again for your help.
The Z-Fight Fixer setting is specifically made to move really, really slowly. It's there to fix the issues where you'll have overlapping floors glitching back and forth because of a tiny difference. This adjusts that scale so there's no glitchy popping.
Ive had this problem for literally the entire time Ive had Halo 5, and I preordered it to give some perspective. Thank whatever higher deity (or lack of) you believe in, I can finally make that map. I think there should be like a forge tutorial, this can be complicated, as in I still dont know how to script
I wish there was a setting to make forge a bit more accessible. Atm it's really complicated at first and second glance
Please don't revive old topics thanks