Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge maps in matchmaking: please take them out

OP TH3 Aiml3ss

Today and yesterday i played ranked arena teamslayer. There are maps like whitecell, russet and echelon. Everytime i play them im getting so heavely annoyed that i rather quit then play them ever again. Why? Because people can get you from anywhere: high, below, behind. Its so fast paced that my radar is useless too. Its very hard to track people on these maps. Take Russet with its 20.000 corners and levels, mean you dont feel safe anywhere on these maps. So please take them out. Again i rather quit then playing these again, but then bamhammer strikes too...

Another thing: on Mercy (which is a very good map lay-out wise) red team has a huge advantage because of the color scheme. Especially in the tunnels below its very hard to see red team. Please fix too!
Today and yesterday i played ranked arena teamslayer. There are maps like whitecell, russet and echelon. Everytime i play them im getting so heavely annoyed that i rather quit then play them ever again. Why? Because people can get you from anywhere: high, below, behind. Its so fast paced that my radar is useless too. Its very hard to track people on these maps. Take Russet with its 20.000 corners and levels, mean you dont feel safe anywhere on these maps. So please take them out. Again i rather quit then playing these again, but then bamhammer strikes too...

Another thing: on Mercy (which is a very good map lay-out wise) red team has a huge advantage because of the color scheme. Especially in the tunnels below its very hard to see red team. Please fix too!
On the maps you don't feel safe - technically neither would your opponents. They are in the same map after all.

I do agree with you on some maps red team blends in a bit.
i agree
At least they could give them less weight in the rotation. I understand they had to appear more often than not when they came out to bring a sense of fresh air but now it’s just annoying. Like 50%+ of games are played on those forge maps.
I don't mind good forge maps being in. Fissure and Pegasus 2 being examples of good ones. But what we should do is reintroduce all original maps back into the rotation for this final year. Let Halo 5 be accepted for what it is. Bring back Molten, Tyrant, Overgrowth into the slayer rotation. Shoot why not Orion 2 and Seclusion as well.
If they take out the forge maps there's barely be any maps in rotation. 343 got lazy and didn't build enough dev made maps and we're left with half forge and half dev. Really hope they don't do this in Infinite.
kjbart wrote:
If they take out the forge maps there's barely be any maps in rotation. 343 got lazy and didn't build enough dev made maps and we're left with half forge and half dev. Really hope they don't do this in Infinite.
But why wouldn't they? ,it's cheap and effective , h2A and h5 have proven the community is silly enough to just accept it
kjbart wrote:
If they take out the forge maps there's barely be any maps in rotation. 343 got lazy and didn't build enough dev made maps and we're left with half forge and half dev. Really hope they don't do this in Infinite.
But why wouldn't they? ,it's cheap and effective , h2A and h5 have proven the community is silly enough to just accept it
You say that as if Halo 2: Anniversary really needed more developer-made maps.
kjbart wrote:
If they take out the forge maps there's barely be any maps in rotation. 343 got lazy and didn't build enough dev made maps and we're left with half forge and half dev. Really hope they don't do this in Infinite.
But why wouldn't they? ,it's cheap and effective , h2A and h5 have proven the community is silly enough to just accept it
You say that as if Halo 2: Anniversary really needed more developer-made maps.
Yeah I love only playing the 7 dev maps when there's 25 or something in h2c rotation, when you consider 2hA is the only MP. In mcc worth a damn for an OS player it's pretty bleak
kjbart wrote:
If they take out the forge maps there's barely be any maps in rotation. 343 got lazy and didn't build enough dev made maps and we're left with half forge and half dev. Really hope they don't do this in Infinite.
But why wouldn't they? ,it's cheap and effective , h2A and h5 have proven the community is silly enough to just accept it
You say that as if Halo 2: Anniversary really needed more developer-made maps.
Yeah I love only playing the 7 dev maps when there's 25 or something in h2c rotation, when you consider 2hA is the only MP. In mcc worth a damn for an OS player it's pretty bleak
Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 just don't exist, I take it?
kjbart wrote:
If they take out the forge maps there's barely be any maps in rotation. 343 got lazy and didn't build enough dev made maps and we're left with half forge and half dev. Really hope they don't do this in Infinite.
But why wouldn't they? ,it's cheap and effective , h2A and h5 have proven the community is silly enough to just accept it
You say that as if Halo 2: Anniversary really needed more developer-made maps.
Yeah I love only playing the 7 dev maps when there's 25 or something in h2c rotation, when you consider 2hA is the only MP. In mcc worth a damn for an OS player it's pretty bleak
Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 just don't exist, I take it?
No, as they are unplayable for a OS player, 200+ ping is a waste of everyone's time, for some reason h5, h4 and h2A are toterable to play. It's not just me every non us player states the same thing or similar , even the reach flight was pure filth with server lag that we all know won't change
I don't mind good forge maps being in. Fissure and Pegasus 2 being examples of good ones. But what we should do is reintroduce all original maps back into the rotation for this final year. Let Halo 5 be accepted for what it is. Bring back Molten, Tyrant, Overgrowth into the slayer rotation. Shoot why not Orion 2 and Seclusion as well.
Yes this, with Riptide it’s 4 more maps in the rotation that would automatically lower the occurrences of forge maps. For high level players that may not like them because of their flaws you have arena anyway