Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge Prefabs; Halo Reach Forge Objects!

OP San9uineTempest

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have started a very exciting project. With the release of the new update and the new prefab feature, I've started mapping out the old forge objects from Halo Reach and matching them, to scale, in halo 5's forge.

One major complaint that I've been hearing about Halo 5 is that "the forge is too complicated" and people "preferred the old reach forge". I can certainly see why. Halo 5's forge is overwhelming at first, and the controls are far different from any other halo game. With the prefabs I'm making, people will have the option to forge almost exactly the same way they are used to forging, with the more refined forge controls.

I've made all of the "Bunker, ___" objects and a few others, which are available for bookmarking. Feedback is more than welcome.
That's really cool, thank you for doing this.
I knew someone would do this! I'm in love with Halo 5 forge, but thanks for doing this!
You are the hero we noob forgers deserve
That's dope!

Only downside is that with these prefabs we can't place as much. Seeing how they're made of a certain amount of objects, and the game can only handle 1024.

Why does it say we can use 1600 items if the game can't even handle more than 1024?
That's dope!

Only downside is that with these prefabs we can't place as much. Seeing how they're made of a certain amount of objects, and the game can only handle 1024.

Why does it say we can use 1600 items if the game can't even handle more than 1024?
You can have 1600 items on the map, but you won't be able to see all of them at one time. The game unloads and reloads objects depending on where you are.
That's dope!

You can have 1600 items on the map, but you won't be able to see all of them at one time. The game unloads and reloads objects depending on where you are.
343 should kinda have that info put up somewhere in the game.
Sounds awesome! I thought of doing this too, but I haven't had the time to do so. Hopefully this will help out players who are new to forge :)
I was going to do this after finishing the Mega Bloks sets I've been recreating (as well as some other items). Guess I can scratch that off the list.
How do you insert prefabricated projects into maps were already working on. I tried to do upload one the other night and i could get it to work?
That's dope!

If they can do that rhen why does there have to be a limit to the ammount of content at all?
How do you insert prefabricated projects into maps were already working on. I tried to do upload one the other night and i could get it to work?
If you have them bookmarked, it should let you select "drop on map".
If you have them bookmarked, it should let you select "drop on map".
Thanks, getting on forge in a little bit ill see if it works for me.
That's dope!

If they can do that rhen why does there have to be a limit to the ammount of content at all?
Because the Xbox One can't handle it.
That's dope!

That shouldn't limit pc though. Do you know how much better forge would be if we didn't have to keep looking at the objects bar while creating maps. Would be a dream come true. And if they can get it to 1600 items by doing that, then I don't see why there has to be a limit at all.
That's dope!

That shouldn't limit pc though. Do you know how much better forge would be if we didn't have to keep looking at the objects bar while creating maps. Would be a dream come true. And if they can get it to 1600 items by doing that, then I don't see why there has to be a limit at all.
Well, that is just a complicated matter I think.

See, we have PC and Xbox One cross-play with Forge and Custom games. What do you think would happen if Forge could handle more on PC than on the One? One players not being able to the maps created on Forge with more than 1600 objects.

PC could probably use a whole lot more, but there's got to be an end at some point. I don't see the PC being able to handle over 10000 objects, lol. Right? Especially if they're all set on the normal physics and move around.
The controls pose a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of them it's much easier to build and navigate your maps.
SpitFlame wrote:
The controls pose a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of them it's much easier to build and navigate your maps.
True. I had to leave and come back to it a couple times to get accustomed. For a while, I was forging without realizing that forge still had magnets.
That's dope!

Well, that is just a complicated matter I think.

See, we have PC and Xbox One cross-play with Forge and Custom games. What do you think would happen if Forge could handle more on PC than on the One? One players not being able to the maps created on Forge with more than 1600 objects.

PC could probably use a whole lot more, but there's got to be an end at some point. I don't see the PC being able to handle over 10000 objects, lol. Right? Especially if they're all set on the normal physics and move around.
Yeah youre right. That didn't even cross my mind for some reason.
This is exactly what I needed thank you!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2