Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Forge Weapon Ammo Glitch

OP demonz201

This is not a weapon pad glitch post.

I'm forging a semi linear infection map and have an armory where players can pick their desired weapons but ran into and issues severely limiting the weapons I can use. I am trying to lower the extra clips and whatnot for the weapons so they are not overpower against the infected players, yet still worth picking up.
currently most of them work (I think). But then I have the issue. When changing the spare ammo to the desired amount, for most the weapons zero, it doesn't actually change the ammo. In my test I took a typhon hydra launcher with spare ammo 0 and one with spare ammo 2 (or the default spare ammo after spawning it in). When I pick the one set to 0 spare ammo. It has 18 spare shots. If I pick up the other one, after dropping the first hydra as to not share ammo, it also has 18 spare shots. I tested this with the assault rifle extended magazine to the same result. This issue it really setting me back and I would like to know if anyone has a workaround. Besides using weapons pads because that is not an option for what I want to do. Thanks!

Please does anyone know about this issue or if I'm dumb or anything I can't do anything with this glitch.
Yeah I know you can bump posts but honestly I can't forge my map and don't know what is causing this. Ban me if you want but I'm stuck.
Yeah i just ran into this. Really a bummer since im trying to make a battle royale game mode but i cant because all the weapons would have far too much ammo
demonz201 wrote:
This is not a weapon pad glitch post.

I'm forging a semi linear infection map and have an armory where players can pick their desired weapons but ran into and issues severely limiting the weapons I can use. I am trying to lower the extra clips and whatnot for the weapons so they are not overpower against the infected players, yet still worth picking up.
currently most of them work (I think). But then I have the issue. When changing the spare ammo to the desired amount, for most the weapons zero, it doesn't actually change the ammo. In my test I took a typhon hydra launcher with spare ammo 0 and one with spare ammo 2 (or the default spare ammo after spawning it in). When I pick the one set to 0 spare ammo. It has 18 spare shots. If I pick up the other one, after dropping the first hydra as to not share ammo, it also has 18 spare shots. I tested this with the assault rifle extended magazine to the same result. This issue it really setting me back and I would like to know if anyone has a workaround. Besides using weapons pads because that is not an option for what I want to do. Thanks!

Please does anyone know about this issue or if I'm dumb or anything I can't do anything with this glitch.
I don't think there is a way to change the ammo of variants only on the weapon pad which is a bummer.
The problem I have with that is I don't want people to know what weapons are where. It defeats the purpose of exploration and knowing when a weapon is picked up. I wouldn't mind if the weapon pads had a setting that allowed you to turn off there display.