Frank O'Connor HYPE Derail

OP g0riLLa BlaCk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
Why the hell would Frank O'Connor even mention PC at this point. I mean it's the weekend before release and you give some people doubt. I promise if Halo 5 goes to PC, XB1 will be my last MSFT console. PC gaming doesn't really affect me too much, but damn Halo is the holy grail of gaming on Xbox, and you are giving Xbox fans less to be proud of. Now all the sites are already starting to run rampant with the speculation and trolling. If it goes to PC we should sue for false advertising because it says XB1 exclusive at the top of the box.

By the way look at my comment history, this is my first negative comment I have ever made on this forum, but this freaking story took a notch out my hype.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/halo-5-series-director-frank-oconnor-plenty-of-chance-that-halo-5-could-appear-on-the-pc/

EDIT 1:
I have looked at every single comment through page 12, some people agree-great, some disagree-fine, and some think I am entitled, a troll, or anti other platforms-NO, I am just pro Xbox.

THE BIGGEST MISSED POINT I have seen is that no one is even mentioning how having Halo 5 on PC would divide the community. We should have as many gamers as possible playing Halo 5 on XB1, hasn't that been the biggest push by 343i, to keep the community in tact for as long as possible. People that think there would be cross play is mistaken, KBM vs controller is a no contest.

EDIT 2:
This was a much bigger deal than we thought, yes I played a part in it, but on twitter Aaron Greenberg has stated the rumors are not true. Still the point remains O'Connor made a dumb mistake even giving credence to a PC version a few days before XB1 release.

EDIT 3: Frank O'Connor is just not very smart, and he used to be one of my favorite 343 developers, instead of trying to clear up the mess he created, he doubles down/ Bonnie Ross needs to shut him the hell up, he's killing his own game. DON'T BELIEVE ME VIEW THE LINKS BELOW, It's all over the gaming world now.

IGN 1700 comments http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/23/plenty-of-chance-halo-5-guardians-gets-pc-port-says-343-industries

The Verge 17 comments http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/23/9602850/microsoft-halo-5-guardians-pc-rumor

Kokatu 10 comments http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/10/plenty-of-chance-halo-5-could-appear-on-pc-halo-5-director-says/

GameInformer 30+ comments http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/10/plenty-of-chance-halo-5-could-appear-on-pc-halo-5-director-says/

Destructoid 72 comments http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/10/plenty-of-chance-halo-5-could-appear-on-pc-halo-5-director-says/

Attack of the fanboy http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/is-there-a-chance-halo-5-guardians-could-appear-on-pc/

NEOGAF 332 comments 26,400 views http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128542

I could go on and on, Frank O'Connor is just not smart, XB1 doesn't even need trolls anymore, Xbox developers troll themselves.
Yeah, even if it does happen, it won't happen anytime soon.

Plus, Microsoft owns Halo just cause it says its XB1 Exclusive it doesn't mean much. They can do what they want, with what they own.
How does it going to PC really affect you again?
"Plenty Of Chance"= Its not Happening.
Because then we would be able to enable texture filtering and other basic graphical techniques that 343i chose to leave out.

Because then we could play at 60fps or higher at full 1080p or higher. Basically they would lose almost everyone who bought an Xbox for Halo.
Halo is the holy grail of gaming on Xbox, and you are giving Xbox fans less to be proud of.
Why, though? Like, that just seems so weird to be proud that a game developer was paid to produce a game for a console you happen to own and not for anyone else. It seems like the video game equivalent of "My dad can beat up your dad!" :\

If you like the game, then enjoy the game. If you don't like the game, then I hope you can find one you like. But why would having Halo 5 on PC harm your enjoyment of Halo 5 on Xbox?
There's plenty of chance that Monster Hunter Frontier could come to the USA someday as well. Does that mean THAT is going to happen?

Spoiler:
Show
"Plenty of chance" doesn't really mean much. Just means that it's a possibility. And there's a LOT of things that are possible; but how many will actually happen, and anytime soon at that?
I said it doesn't really affect me, but then again Halo would no longer be the home of XBOX. It's like damn MSFT keep some games Xbox only. As a community we should feel proud of our purchase and able to say only those in the XBOX community gets to play such greatness. Do you wanna hear PC guys tell us we're peasants and playing an inferior version, it would be bound to happen.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
"Plenty Of Chance"= Its not Happening.
Why leave it to doubt though, O'Conner is smart enough to know the trolls on GAF and many other gaming forums will run with this quote.

This post has been hidden.

Why pay for xbox live if you can just buy the game and play online for free on the pc. Along with that pc graphics far outweigh that of the xbox one's. I'm not a pc gamer either but I would move to pc for this game alone.
People pretend it will kill the console.

...like this is a bad thing. Get a damn PC. It's 10x better. 20x better with Halo.
I said it doesn't really affect me, but then again Halo would no longer be the home of XBOX. It's like damn MSFT keep some games Xbox only. As a community we should feel proud of our purchase and able to say only those in the XBOX community gets to play such greatness. Do you wanna hear PC guys tell us we're peasants and playing an inferior version, it would be bound to happen.
You know Halo has been on PC before, right?
DavidJCobb wrote:
Halo is the holy grail of gaming on Xbox, and you are giving Xbox fans less to be proud of.
Why, though? Like, that just seems so weird to be proud that a game developer was paid to produce a game for a console you happen to own and not for anyone else. It seems like the video game equivalent of "My dad can beat up your dad!" :\

If you like the game, then enjoy the game. If you don't like the game, then I hope you can find one you like. But why would having Halo 5 on PC harm your enjoyment of Halo 5 on Xbox?
I don't think Halo shold be enjoyed by all because people like me built the prestige this game. I'm not an elite Halo player by any stretch, but I have played them all for years. And many people like myself buy XBOX because we know it's the system to play Halo and in my case Gears as well.
You also have to remember that Halo CE and Halo 2 were also Xbox exclusives and both got PC ports...
Wouldn't more people end up playing on PC instead of Xbox?
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
No to mention many would pirate the game then play online without xbox live, that's like a slap in the face to Xbox gamers who pay.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Numerically more? Hard to say. But this isn't a bad thing. More Halo players = good for Halo.
Because then we would be able to enable texture filtering and other basic graphical techniques that 343i chose to leave out.

Because then we could play at 60fps or higher at full 1080p or higher. Basically they would lose almost everyone who bought an Xbox for Halo.
They didn't choose to leave them out because they wanted to. There had to be some sacrifices made to keep a consistent 60fps, and texture filtering happened to be one of them. They even had to go with dynamic resolution, because they couldn't keep it at a full 1080p, at 60fps, and looking even as it does now. I'd love a proper PC port with these kinds of options, higher fidelity models, textures, effects, everything, but it's not going to happen any time soon. This is supposed to be their system seller.
Do you wanna hear PC guys tell us we're peasants and playing an inferior version, it would be bound to happen.
Most of the PC gamers who talk about "console peasants" are just kidding around. The ones who are actually being condescending are hotheads who should be ignored, and are regarded as such by everyone else.

As for "playing an inferior version?" You are. If a game is available on multiple platforms, the console version will nearly always have worse graphics and fewer modding possibilities (usually none at all, actually). That's not necessarily a bad thing: consoles give us convenience and ease of setup, whereas PCs give people raw power and capability. That's the trade-off that we've made, and it isn't something to take personally.

I don't think Halo shold be enjoyed by all because people like me built the prestige this game. I'm not an elite Halo player by any stretch, but I have played them all for years.
When exactly is the cutoff for when someone is "worthy" of enjoying the series, then? I definitely haven't been around since the beginning -- I started late into Halo 3, and I still have yet to ever play Halo 2's campaign. Am I an undesirable? :P

And many people like myself but XBOX because we know it's the system to play Halo and in my case Gears as well.
That's very true. If Microsoft were to magically achieve full and automatic compatibility between all Xbox One games and all Windows 10 setups, that would seriously harm their console sales. From a business sense, it's better for them to encourage developers to bring some of the benefits of PC gaming to consoles -- like how Bethesda is allowing all Fallout 4 players to download and run mods created on a PC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28