Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Free reqs for testing purposes?

OP slammn et al

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the warzone firefight beta coming today, I realized a problem that no one else has mentioned here. This is technically a beta, which means this is merely for testing, so would it make sense for a beta to use our non beta items? Would it make sense for req usage to carry over from the firefight beta? I personally think it should not carry over, and that everyone should be given all the req items so that we can test every aspect of warzone firefight in depth. If most people do not have access to the complete beta, then it is not a fair test, and at that point it simply becomes a demo of what's to come, rather than being subject to change. I'm hoping that if 343I sees this, they will see the errors in their ways, and will change the system so proper testing can be done.
Note: all free req items would be removed when the beta is over.
Yep agree!
If we had one of every REQ I would be happy, but I really doubt 343 would let us have free REQs.
Darn, I clicked as soon as I saw the free reqs in the title, you shouldn't say free reqs... unless you have some :).
As for the beta I would rather get the req points, and be allowed to use my reqs. If you don't feel we should use reqs, we should not get rp. There is allot of complicated development for free reqs. I would rather not have to wait.
Also remember there will be plenty of power weapons around to scavenge.
Darn, I clicked as soon as I saw the free reqs in the title, you shouldn't say free reqs... unless you have some :).
As for the beta I would rather get the req points, and be allowed to use my reqs. If you don't feel we should use reqs, we should not get rp. There is allot of complicated development for free reqs. I would rather not have to wait.
Do you know if there AI enemies carry REQ variants? From what I've seen of Warzone Firefight they don't, but I think it would be great if they did.
If we had one of every REQ I would be happy, but I really doubt 343 would let us have free REQs.
I do as well, but it would be sensible for them to include all req items. How are we supposed to know if the selenes lance is too op for warzone firefight or not? I personally do not own one, so I won't be able to give my feedback on if the enemies should have a slightly higher resistance to the targeting laser of the Selenes lance. This kind of stuff is what some people would be looking for, and it's very important to get this game mode right when it launches so it pleases as many people as possible.
Do you know if there AI enemies carry REQ variants? From what I've seen of Warzone Firefight they don't, but I think it would be great if they did.
Good question. I don't remember. I believe they were all basics. If they don't you should suggest that in the beta feedback. That would be cool.
If we get req points in the beta, then I'm inclined to believe that this isn't actually a beta. When was the last time you heard of a beta carrying over stats and progress? I certainly haven't, and I've played quite a lot of betas in my life. Including every halo beta that existed.
If we get req points in the beta, then I'm inclined to believe that this isn't actually a beta. When was the last time you heard of a beta carrying over stats and progress? I certainly haven't, and I've played quite a lot of betas in my life. Including every halo beta that existed.
Well their calling it a beta, it seems more like a soft launch. Not sure what the mechanics will be post beta. E.g. Although I am sure you will keep the rp, and com's.
Like test weapons in Destiny, you'd recieve a reward for using them enough and it would fit with the ever changing weapons in the Halo universe.
I imagine they want people to use their own REQS so the can monitor and see what weapons are used, so they can work out the average Req consumption of not just a full match but averages based on individual players etc
basically I think they need us to use our reqs to see how the game plays out. Giving us all free reqs to use would be useless to them.
Is it weird that this small taste of WZFF, be it a beta or soft launch, is right at TCTD Incursion drop? probably nothing, but maybe tactical
But if they did that 343 and Microsoft would lose out on getting some more cash from our wallets, in my opinion all Warzone variants would play better if everyone had unlimited Reqs that could only be used when you reach a certain level along with a cool down timer.
I don't know how I would feel about using my REQs for a temporary game mode. Will we earn REQ points and EXP from the beta? If we do, then using our REQs would not be too unreasonable.
If reqs in the beta are no free im not using a single one, sorry for my teammates.
HAHHAHHAHAHA

Nope. You'll have to use your own REQs and for all your hard work you'll get 2000REQ points, IF you manage to win the game, so about the same amount as an easier Warzone match... but this time you'll be using REQs like crazy and sweating to survive...
See, the problem with that idea is that it makes entirely too much sense. 343 isn't *really* doing this so that we can test their game mode and provide feedback... They realized how much money this thing is going to make them and decided they didn't want to wait until it was finished to start milking us dry and pushing more REQ packs on us. Not only do they want us to use our non-metal earned, real value-associated, existing REQ collection, but they expect us to buy their Mythic packs at an exorbitant price to be able to then use up *those* items, too.
Any kindness would be much appreciated - even if it's one of those tiny, usually crappy holiday style packs (although I would expect at least a respectable number of (non-common) toys inside). Anything as a show of good will to offset the 8-12 dollar price tag (80k to 100,000k RP, probably) they'll be placing on their new microtransaction.
HAHHAHHAHAHA

Nope. You'll have to use your own REQs and for all your hard work you'll get 2000REQ points, IF you manage to win the game, so about the same amount as an easier Warzone match... but this time you'll be using REQs like crazy and sweating to survive...
The play through on the live stream didnt seem that insane. Well not insane enough the req use is absolutely required to have a chance anyway.
But if they did that 343 and Microsoft would lose out on getting some more cash from our wallets, in my opinion all Warzone variants would play better if everyone had unlimited Reqs that could only be used when you reach a certain level along with a cool down timer.
I actually have an idea similar to this that I brought a few months ago. I wonder if it is finally getting around. Rather than burning cards, you instead have access to all reqs with a cooldown after use. Req packs give cooldown reset cards to use on weapons to reset their cooldown. Not gonna go into it in depth now, because it's not all that relevant here. I made a thread about it a long time ago, but it's probably buried now.
PuttyGod wrote:
See, the problem with that idea is that it makes entirely too much sense. 343 isn't *really* doing this so that we can test their game mode and provide feedback... They realized how much money this thing is going to make them and decided they didn't want to wait until it was finished to start milking us dry and pushing more REQ packs on us. Not only do they want us to use our non-metal earned, real value-associated, existing REQ collection, but they expect us to buy their Mythic packs at an exorbitant price to be able to then use up *those* items, too.
Any kindness would be much appreciated - even if it's one of those tiny, usually crappy holiday style packs (although I would expect at least a respectable number of (non-common) toys inside). Anything as a show of good will to offset the 8-12 dollar price tag (80k to 100,000k RP, probably) they'll be placing on their new microtransaction.
"See, the problem with that idea is that it makes entirely too much sense." haha, that gave me a good laugh. Unfortunately, it's true. 343i's best interest is our worst interest, and vice versa. They want to milk us for every bit of money we have lying around, and we just want to play a game that doesn't keep asking us for more money. We really can't win this battle, because as long as there are people buying their....stuff....they will keep selling it to us at a higher rate. Meaning those who empty their wallets on req packs will eventually ruin it for those who don't. Making 343 favor those who give them more money over those who find enjoyment in just playing the game. Who knows, though. Maybe 343I will suddenly realize they want their fans to enjoy the game to its fullest extent, and will provide us with an update that won't push us to buy more packs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2