Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Gang R*** in Halo 5

OP RickyMartinLIVE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Has anyone ever heard another player spartan in the game yell "Gang Rape" after killing someone?? Now before you tear me apart for my stance on this, I was a middle school-er playing Halo CE and Halo 2 when they came out. I was part of culture yelling "gang rape" after my team tore someone apart. I guess for me, someone saying it and developers putting it into a game are on two different levels. Am I the only one somewhat offended by this? This is a real thing. People have been beaten, raped, and killed, and 343 thinks it is appropriate to use such a term in a game?!? I pray that no victim of this situation is ever forced to hear the words gang rape come out of a video game that is suppose to evoke emotions of joy, not nightmares.
and the arbiter once called me the N-word...and I'm white
You might've just heard it wrong....
I highly doubt they'd add that in. you're hearing things.
I hear that all the time I thought I was the only one mishearing it still figuring out what they are really saying, like the "my name is kermit" soldier was saying "my aim is perfect"
That is said in spartan chatter? If so...wow.
It's hard to believe anyone at 343 could be so insensitive. Can anyone confirm this?
That's what I said when a friend told me he heard it. I vehemently denied that a developer would ever put that into a video game... until my friend recorded the clip and I heard it for myself.
Post video or it never happened
wait like the character saying it or another player saying it
Perhaps...

Gang way?
That's what I said when a friend told me he heard it. I vehemently denied that a developer would ever put that into a video game... until my friend recorded the clip and I heard it for myself.
clip? You sure it's not "give way!" ? They say "give" or "gang"
Perhaps...
Gang way?
That makes a lot of sense since its sounds sarcastic and its only during spartan charge kills
J0b R wrote:
wait like the character saying it or another player saying it
The character saying it. How do I post a video from my messages in Xbox Live to this? I would gladly post it.

For full disclosure, I had the feeling that I might have been hearing it wrong.. I listened to it about 5 times in a row. If they aren't saying gang rape... they are saying something that sounds damn close to it.
Yeah the game is rated T for Teen. I dont think 343 is going to get Spartan Chatter to say "gang rape" if they cant add blood to human beings. Or aliens.

I call BS
Op, if you can change title and edit, otherwise you might be in for a ban. I got one just for using those very words. Just a fair heads up.
343 thinks it is appropriate to use such a term in a game?!?
Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB.

It's absurd to think that anything anyone says over their servers is approved of or endorsed by 343 and Microsoft. Report and move on.
It is gang way said when someone uses spartan charge
There is a TEAM TAKEDOWN medal..... But yeah Gang Rape is not appropriate and is also NOT in the game
I have a feeling the Spartan chatter was calling out a location, rather than that. I have high doubts 343i would put that in the chatter. I don't think Spartan's even say when someone gets "wrecked." It's usually just "enemy is over by X" or "teammate got killed by a X" kind of thing.
S 000 DeM wrote:
343 thinks it is appropriate to use such a term in a game?!?
Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB.
It's absurd to think that anything anyone says over their servers is approved of or endorsed by 343 and Microsoft. Report and move on.
A person didn't say it, its a line by spartans during a spartan charge kill and if you read the rest of the thread you'll find that its actually "gang way"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2