Get rid of the DMR

OP Robert Jonez

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Let's face it, the DMR totally destroyed map movement. I couldn't walk 3 feet without getting blasted by some DMR half way across the map. In my eyes, there is no way to fix it, besides reducing the range. But then it becomes useless because we already have a mid range human weapon, The Battle Rifle.

Rifles in Halo need to revert back to there former self, being medium range weapons. That was a major problem in Halo 4, and in Reach. If 343i did get rid of the DMR, then we'd have 3 main rifles-

The Battle Rifle
The Carbine
The Lightrifle (Though this could use some tweaking too)

I think theses three rifles is all we need. Get rid of the DMR!
The DMR fills a good weapon role and is hardly OP and it should stay after all didnt the BR in halo 2 ruin some parts of gameplay. If the maps are designed for gameplay that suits the weapon in question then it will work perfectly fine.
Quote:
No
Wow! You've just changed my mind! Thanks for listing all of the reasons you think the DMR should stay! It's people like you who make this forum a great place to talk about the future of Halo!
Quote:
The DMR fills a good weapon role and is hardly OP and it should stay after all didnt the BR in halo 2 ruin some parts of gameplay. If the maps are designed for gameplay that suits the weapon in question then it will work perfectly fine.
Basically what you're saying is that we have to have cramped maps because of the DMR.
Quote:
Quote:
No
Wow! You've just changed my mind! Thanks for listing all of the reasons you think the DMR should stay! It's people like you who make this forum a great place to talk about the future of Halo!
Because the reasons should be obvious in gameplay why its balanced and therefore should stay after all you said that we dont need another mid range UNSC weapon when the DMR is a long range weapon.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No
Because the reasons should be obvious in gameplay why its balanced and therefore should stay after all you said that we dont need another mid range UNSC weapon when the DMR is a long range weapon.
Which is why it's flawed. We should not be able to spawn with long range weaponry that has the abilty of picking people off from all the away across the map. It cripples map movement.
Quote:
Quote:
Basically what you're saying is that we have to have cramped maps because of the DMR.
All the halo 4 and reach maps work fine with it especially blood gulch, its just a longer range BR so the map doesnt have to be altered that much except add some more cover.
No, flinch destroyed map movement due to the fact it made long range weapons really powerful as they couldn't be de-scoped.

The DMR is balanced and is fine as it is.

BTW, I find it funny that you want to get rid of the DMR, but keep the Light-rifle, which is even more powerful at long range.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All the halo 4 and reach maps work fine with it especially blood gulch, its just a longer range BR so the map doesnt have to be altered that much except add some more cover.
Halo 4 did have more cramped maps thanks to the DMR, and it still was a problem. Also, Halo 4/Reach are very infamous for having average/bad maps (There are a few jems though)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No
Which is why it's flawed. We should not be able to spawn with long range weaponry that has the abilty of picking people off from all the away across the map. It cripples map movement.
The BR can achieve the same range kills with less accuracy, all the DMR is needs is less power or more recoil which has been added. Halo 4 plays fine with it so I ask have you played halo 4 recently?
Quote:
No, flinch destroyed map movement due to the fact it made long range weapons really powerful as they couldn't be de-scoped.

BTW, I find it funny that you want to get rid of the DMR, but keep the Light-rifle, which is even more powerful at long range.

I even stated in the OP how the LightRifle needs to be tweaked...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No
The BR can achieve the same range kills with less accuracy, all the DMR is needs is less power or more recoil which has been added. Halo 4 plays fine with it so I ask have you played halo 4 recently?
I have, and the DMR is still a bane to the game in my eyes. Also, isn't a bit redundant to have two human rifles?
The DMR hampers the necessity of map movement.
However, DMR does not punish map movement.

If someone is hitting you with a DMR from across the map, you can shoot back at them with your own.

There are other factors to map movement besides weapons you spawn with, such as sightlines, objectives and power items. Having a DMR does not eliminate the need to put yourself in view of the enemy, to grab the oddball, or to grab the sniper rifles.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Halo 4 did have more cramped maps thanks to the DMR, and it still was a problem. Also, Halo 4/Reach are very infamous for having average/bad maps (There are a few jems though)
The maps are hardly cramped and the DMR works on all the maps its used on except possibly pre TU ragnarok so you just may be having bad luck or are just running into the open.
Quote:
Quote:

No you didn't, you simply stated that it needs to be tweaked, you didn't state how.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No
I have, and the DMR is still a bane to the game in my eyes. Also, isn't a bit redundant to have two human rifles?
The BR and the DMR dont have the same roles so they arent redundant and in that logic why nit remove the BR instead? The DMR is hardly a bane any more since most of the community disagrees with you and you must be having bad luck.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No you didn't, you simply stated that it needs to be tweaked, you didn't state how.
...That was a very stupid reply.

What do you think I'm talking about? Obviously I don't like long range rifles. So what did you think I was talking about? Goodness people, it's not that hard to think.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you think I'm talking about? Obviously I don't like long range rifles. So what did you think I was talking about? Goodness people, it's not that hard to think.
??? That didnt make much sense and you opinion is appreciated but calling his response stupid is harsh especially after that response which didnt make much sense.
Quote:
Quote:

Your first reply to me ignored half of my post (the part about de-scoping) so I can't see how you can call my reply stupid but yours can ignore the main part of a post.

I was simply stating that you didn't say how, perhaps I could of guessed, but you didn't say how so the point still remains.
And besides, I still don't know how you would tweak it? Go extreme and leave out the scoped single fire mode? Slow its rate of fire down alot?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5