Give Halo 5 time

OP Akasha Kage

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
I think most people are just way too impatient with 343. I'm feeling like all the things most people are asking for will be a part of the game in the near or distant future. Yes, I do find myself getting bored with Halo lately but I think being patient and waiting to see what's to come will be very rewarding in the long run. I think a lot of people don't realize that it takes time to produce "quality" work. Overall Halo 5 is an outstanding game.
So you are asking the Internet towns folk to be patient? Good luck! And give me a list of how many went kicking and screaming.
Spoiler:
Show
Nalla78 wrote:
So you are asking the Internet towns folk to be patient? Good luck! And give me a list of how many went kicking and screaming.
Spoiler:
Show

Right! This post is basically pointless but I had to speak my mind it's like people don't understand the amount of work it takes to create games. Especially games as good as Halo 5.
Patients is a virtue, but due to how fast things are nowadays patients is a rare thing
I think they're allowed to be impatient. Halo has a precedent of quality and features and H5 didn't stand up to that for a lot of people.
I think some criticism is necessary there but as long as its not flaming. I'm looking forward to firefight
Why should I be patient?
Didn't they have 3yrs to make the game?
Now didn't they have almost half a year to fix the game?
It's still a pile of - yoink -, almost as bad as 4 and almost as broke as MCC.
I think most people are just way too impatient with 343. I'm feeling like all the things most people are asking for will be a part of the game in the near or distant future. Yes, I do find myself getting bored with Halo lately but I think being patient and waiting to see what's to come will be very rewarding in the long run. I think a lot of people don't realize that it takes time to produce "quality" work. Overall Halo 5 is an outstanding game.
I find people now are becoming less and less patient. I think people need to put a little pressure on 343i because it'll keep them honest, but most of the negative comments seem to come from people who have nothing else better to do then demand instant change.
Why should I be patient?
Didn't they have 3yrs to make the game?
Now didn't they have almost half a year to fix the game?
It's still a pile of - yoink -, almost as bad as 4 and almost as broke as MCC.
You don't have to be patient, but you're also not the damn queen.
We should be patient for a game that had a regular dev time? A game that lacks content? A game where custom games is broken?
Why, they had 3 years?
I've been patient sense launch. I don't hate the game, but I'm tired of waiting for DLC features that are almost required in game at launch. Also, when 343 finally decides to give us game modes, they put one of them in custom games only and the other two aren't even the most requested games modes from the community. If you read these forums every day, you will see people cry for infection, but instead 343 gives us Grifball. Grifball is the must un-fun game mode in all of Halo. It is a suicidal, Bulltrues don't work, Spartan charges beat hammers and swords, betrayals occur too much, no strategy, gets old too fast, and so on. Assault is really fun, but that is it. Give us infection, Oddball, dominion, and regicide. Remove strongholds and give us KoTH, remove Breakout because it sucks, and organize the playlist better. If 343 can give us the ability to create our own playlist in custom gams, then it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate them into matchmaking. My patience has grown thin.
That was kind of the plan with MCC. Do you remember how that went?
You're asking a lot of the community. The game has been out for almost half a year now and if you take out forge it's almost a carbon copy of the launch version.
Techarch 1 wrote:
I've been patient sense launch. I don't hate the game, but I'm tired of waiting for DLC features that are almost required in game at launch. Also, when 343 finally decides to give us game modes, they put one of them in custom games only and the other two aren't even the most requested games modes from the community. If you read these forums every day, you will see people cry for infection, but instead 343 gives us Grifball. Grifball is the must un-fun game mode in all of Halo. It is a suicidal, Bulltrues don't work, Spartan charges beat hammers and swords, betrayals occur too much, no strategy, gets old too fast, and so on. Assault is really fun, but that is it. Give us infection, Oddball, dominion, and regicide. Remove strongholds and give us KoTH, remove Breakout because it sucks, and organize the playlist better. If 343 can give us the ability to create our own playlist in custom gams, then it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate them into matchmaking. My patience has grown thin.
Grifball was the second most requested game mode.

That's the point of Grifball. You don't need a strategy. Betrayals do happen quite a bit because you have Gravity hammers in it. That's bound to happen. If you don't like it, that's fine. But don't make your opinion out to be a fact.
I've given 343 over three and a half years to produce a complete Halo game... I think that's more than enough time.
I gave them 3 years, m80.
3 years is standard, H3 was the first in HD, on a new console and they did the first implementation of forge. This was available at launch. Expect more from the brand.
Yeah, I don't think 343 could just ask people to be patient especially after the MCC debacle (though MS deserves a huge part of the blame on that one if reports are to be believed). Halo 5 had 3 years of development time, more if you believe some work on it began shortly before or after Halo 4 was done. We know they had been working on Warzone alone since early 2013 and it is kinda a letdown from the Player vs AI vs Player mode it was hyped up to be and only has four maps (Assault variants don't count to me). Yet established game modes like Assault, Oddball and Grifball barely came out weeks ago, Infection is still TBA and who knows when things like Race will return.

And it all hinges on how much people keep spending on REQ Packs.
Yeah, I don't think 343 could just ask people to be patient especially after the MCC debacle (though MS deserves a huge part of the blame on that one if reports are to be believed). Halo 5 had 3 years of development time, more if you believe some work on it began shortly before or after Halo 4 was done. We know they had been working on Warzone alone since early 2013 and it is kinda a letdown from the Player vs AI vs Player mode it was hyped up to be and only has four maps (Assault variants don't count to me). Yet established game modes like Assault, Oddball and Grifball barely came out weeks ago, Infection is still TBA and who knows when things like Race will return.

Don't like warzone personally but how is it a letdown? It is the #1 played playlist on the game.

343 have said future game modes rely on reqs in order to be added? That one I have not heard of yet.

Don't like warzone personally but how is it a letdown? It is the #1 played playlist on the game.

343 have said future game modes rely on reqs in order to be added? That one I have not heard of yet.
I should restate that: It is a letdown for me personally. As for the game modes and REQs, I based that on the notion they said REQ-based and map content is funded by the packs and how the "new" game modes are put into the game with these updates. I'm skeptical to think they'd include them for free with no strings attached.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18