Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Giving Halo 5 an Adrenaline Shot

OP Jonny45k7236

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I feel that with this game being on Game Pass and Halo 6 probably not releasing this year that it should get what is known as "adrenaline shot". Basically some form of an update that kinda revitalizes the game in some way as many games before have done.

Problem is I don't know what... So what do you guys think they could do to buy Halo 5 some time?
Give us a grunt mech to drive around in WZ.
#1 boss refresh for warzone and warzone firefight.
#2 super fiesta refresh, make it 4v4 and then have FFA fiesta game mode added.
#3 btb refresh, add in game mode like heavies and maybe regicide.
LethalQ wrote:
Heavies and regicide would be great. Weren't 343i the ones who made heavies in Reach to begin with? Anyway, I feel like you got the right kinda idea. Not something that would take a pretty big amount of development time, but things like gamemodes that were popular and updating existing ones.
LethalQ wrote:
Heavies and regicide would be great. Weren't 343i the ones who made heavies in Reach to begin with? Anyway, I feel like you got the right kinda idea. Not something that would take a pretty big amount of development time, but things like gamemodes that were popular and updating existing ones.
The super fiesta refresh and adding heavies should be some what easy to do. Adding regicide would take a bit of time perhaps. The boss refresh would probably take the most but it's desperately needed IMO. Bosses are way to predictable. My biggest disappointment with warzone is how times and predicable the bosses/enemy AI are... And that they can be ignored if the teams want as they just sit in small areas of the map.
They could make the H5BR a useful weapon.
LethalQ wrote:
Neutral Flag CTF in BTB would also compliment Regicide and BTB Heavies.
Refresh the maps & Modes of the playlists On Social & possibly ranked

Just my opinion

And boss refresh for Warzone would be very good
A new Forerunner Warzone map set on Requiem / Genesis.
Add Stockpile to 4v4 and 8v8 game modes. Get the community behind that and let the forge creations control it all.
New Maps!!!!!!!!!! Multi-Team in matchmaking (3 teams of 2) that was awesome! Old style king of the hill!
What about some sort of Party playlist? More fun custom games in it during weekends. Bring back Castle Wars, Hockey from Reach, and other more crazy modes.
Halo 3 anniversary as a ranked perm playlist. I have about 30 people that would be on INSTANTLY.

No playlist besides BTB has BR starts.
No playlist has classic settings.

Literally force in over 15+ playlist to play a certain way. No wonder H5 is dead.
Two words: Rally Gungoose

In all seriousness though: I think another final expansion to the game would breathe a lot of new life into Halo 5. More REQs (Elite Plasma Rifle? Brute Shot? Something completely new?), 2 new maps (Arena and WZ), and more company-based challenges along the lines of the Achilles challenges (e.g. Achilles Hector for completing Assist Commendations (looks like Achilles but with some stripes like Indomitable Erod)). I've been playing Halo 5 since the Infinity's armory update and I can say that the game was the most fun right after a brand new update.

Also please Rally Mon/Gungoose
FIipyn wrote:
Halo 3 anniversary as a ranked perm playlist. I have about 30 people that would be on INSTANTLY.

No playlist besides BTB has BR starts.
No playlist has classic settings.

Literally force in over 15+ playlist to play a certain way. No wonder H5 is dead.
I wish they'd make the halo 3 anniversary Playlist permanent.. Or even alternate the classic movement between 1,2,and 3 for the Playlist just to keep it fresh Either way keeping a classic game mode there
I doubt we'd get any kind of big update other than what we've already had in the recent month with the two rotational playlists.

My suggestions would be a game wide playlist map/gametype refresh including Warzone and Firefight. Give bigger XP/RP payouts so it's not such a slog for the people still grinding this game and lower ranks can get enough for REQ packs faster. Make some more opportunities to get exclusive weapon skins and have more play dates with maybe some different prizes if you do match 343.
Make Halo 5 free if you have xbox live, give all players 'common unlocks' as well as 100k req points to boot. Have fireteam splitting in like warzone so if you queue as 12 but can't find a match soon enough, you get in with solo queues however half the fireteam is split into red and blue team so matches are fair.
Do something about ping issues for Australians.
If you quit in warzone you can't join a match till that match is finished and harsher penalties for leaving.

Balance vehicles like nerfing Banshee ultra fire rate increase, and buff phaeton drops and mythic drops.

If these changes happen I would buy xbox live and play Halo 5 again, unfortunately 343 cares about championships which is USA based which many don't care about. There needs to be changes to allow new players to have a foot hold in the game.
Yeah I doubt we'll get any actual content (aside from some playlist shenanigans) from now until Halo 6 comes out. The studio is simply too busy at the moment to allocate resources for a new Halo 5 update. I would love to be proven wrong though.
They need to make a big playlist refresh with a ton of variety, they cant half -Yoink- it with 2 rotational playlists we've seen before with the same exact game types. Put in more playlists and more game types into multiple playlists and don't focus so much on the ranked side of things except for probably adding a classic ranked playlist. Seriously we have more ranked playlists than social, there should be a bigger dedication of things to the social side of things.
the warzone boss is a adrenanaline shoot
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2