2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
SypherP1t wrote:
Once I found out that the free pack gave me 5 Legendary XP boosts since I already had everything I didn't even bother buying another. I do remember reading that that pack was supposed to be only available for 24 hours before it was taken down but it was available for longer then that so I was kinda surprised
Yes the free one was available for 24 hours. All you had to do was log in, and it was yours. After that it was available for about a week, for REQ points or real cash.
Greatest hit packs should've gave out Legendary Warzone XP boosts instead.
I probably would have grinded if I didn't already have everything and don't care about boosts. I just opened the free one.
There's already a -Yoink- ton of XP to be earned playing Warzone. That's how there are 16 at 152. They grinded the heck out of Warzone.

Nope, Arena was the way to go in my opinion. It was much appreciated by this Arena loving Spartan.
Sacr3d wrote:
I did not buy it. I have completed my collection, but even if I still had things to unlock, the pack wasn't worth it.
I was happy when I got venator from it for my smurf account. (It has the achilles helmet so venator with it makes it look really good.)
I agree. That would have been so OP.
just like the funky bunch "the funky bunch is no more" -Rodney from Legit
I got about 4 of them plus the free one, all Arena xp boosts which is what I needed.
"I did this because I mostly play Arena. My plan is to see how close I can get to 152 before Halo 6 by having the majority of my games in Arena."

Let me help you with that. You have gotten 8,8 million xp so far in Halo 5. And the game has been out for a whole year already. 8,8 million xp is less than 1/5 of SR152, which is 50 million xp. By this speed, you could potentially get half way there for SR152 if you play the same amount in the following two years before Halo 6. But let's be honest, you will play less in the future than during the first year most likely. This means you probably might get to 20 million / 50 million xp? Near the halfway but 5 million short? That's my prediction for you, (mr. soon to be SR150, but never going to get to SR151 here). Have a nice day.
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
I got about 4 of them plus the free one, all Arena xp boosts which is what I needed.
It's nice to see someone of like mind. This was the first pack, besides the HCS one that I grinded for.

"I did this because I mostly play Arena. My plan is to see how close I can get to 152 before Halo 6 by having the majority of my games in Arena."

Let me help you with that. You have gotten 8,8 million xp so far in Halo 5. And the game has been out for a whole year already. 8,8 million xp is less than 1/5 of SR152, which is 50 million xp. By this speed, you could potentially get half way there for SR152 if you play the same amount in the following two years before Halo 6. But let's be honest, you will play less in the future than during the first year most likely. This means you probably might get to 20 million / 50 million xp? Near the halfway but 5 million short? That's my prediction for you, (mr. soon to be SR150, but never going to get to SR151 here). Have a nice day.
Yep, totally aware of this. I can calculate as well, but thanks for taking the time to do it for me. Always appreciate helpful and obvious posts. Oh, and my day is going great. Thanks.
Sacr3d wrote:
I did not buy it. I have completed my collection, but even if I still had things to unlock, the pack wasn't worth it.
Well, you'll prefer a legendary helmet instead of another skin. I think they've been a great motivation for those who haven't completed the armory
Sacr3d wrote:
Well, you'll prefer a legendary helmet instead of another skin. I think they've been a great motivation for those who haven't completed the armory
100k buys you 10 packs. That is 20 unlocks, much better than 5 items.
Sacr3d wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Yes, but you are guaranteed a Legendary item. If I didn't have everything unlocked I might have grinded for a few of these packs.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Yes, but you are guaranteed a Legendary item. If I didn't have everything unlocked I might have grinded for a few of these packs.
I see where you are coming from, my brother only had 2 uncommon skins and crap armor and he got fotus helmet, shinobi heartless, and 1 legendary and 1 ultra rare skin. If I was a lower level, it would be smarter to buy the 10 golds, but I would be tempted to buy the Greatest Hits Pack and can see why people would buy it.
Five Legendary Arena XP boosts is not worth it at all for 100 000 RP. Like it's objectively -Yoink-. You get a little less than 15 000 extra EXP with that, which you can get with a single Warzone EXP Jackpot which is uncommon. You realize? I mean since you have a very specific goal I guess it's useful to you. But it's really really bad for the masses.
Five Legendary Arena XP boosts is not worth it at all for 100 000 RP. Like it's objectively -Yoink-. You get a little less than 15 000 extra EXP with that, which you can get with a single Warzone EXP Jackpot which is uncommon. You realize? I mean since you have a very specific goal I guess it's useful to you. But it's really really bad for the masses.
Yeah I do realize that, and it is one of the reasons why I don't like Warzone. I don't appreciate that if I am to hope to get to 152 before Halo 6 comes out I have to play Warzone.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Yeah I do realize that, and it is one of the reasons why I don't like Warzone. I don't appreciate that if I am to hope to get to 152 before Halo 6 comes out I have to play Warzone.
Warzone, in my experience, is better for xp and rp.
The Greatest Hits Pack is honestly a huge waste of RP (and actual currency).

Grind all of the Firefight commendations, and you'll get at least 5 Gold Packs. And while you're at it, you'll unlock additional Silver / Gold Packs along the way.
For those of us who completed our req collection it only amounted to xp boost. XP doesnt mean jack crap.
Already had everything
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7