Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Grenades and sprint are ridiculous.

OP x Wa11y Wa1do x

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why is there no grenade indicator when grenades are spammed so much? Can you please add a grenade indicator? Also why when I am getting shot can i not sprint? It just makes me walk! Also why when my shields pop can i not move for a few seconds? Can you please remove the last two features and add the first one? Thanks.
Also where should i send this to? Do they respond on here or Reddit more?
Halo 1-3 didn't need grenade indicators. This one doesn't need them either.
I don't think gernade indicators would help much tbh.
Willko wrote:
Yeah but in halo one and three you could not carry six grenades and halo two had a much higher jump height.
I don't think gernade indicators would help much tbh.
Even if it helps just a little it would be great and it would reduce spam.
halo doesn't need noob features like grenade indicator. God I can't believe this thread is even real. Use the thrusters
Willko wrote:
Yeah but in halo one and three you could not carry six grenades and halo two had a much higher jump height.
You're right. You could carry eight grenades in Halo: CE and Halo 3. In Halo: CE you could carry four frags and four plasma, In Halo 3 you could carry two of each different types (frag, plasma, spike, and flame).
gethtones wrote:
halo doesn't need noob features like grenade indicator. God I can't believe this thread is even real. Use the thrusters
It is not a noob feature as you still have to use it for it to be effective. I could argue thruster is a noob feature since it enables you to avoid grenades. Also i do use the
thruster but it does not work all the time. For example the splinter grenades are very hard to avoid. Also i get one thruster every four second and in that time one guy can throw almost if not all six of his grenades for a easy kill and even more can come my way from others and that is not a noob feature? At least nerf splinter grenades and lessen grenade count. But then people say they don't have the versatility of six grenades and three grenade types. Also finally we have a third usefull grenade and I want to keep it that way so no. I can not believe you cannot believe opinions exist.
Willko wrote:
You're right. You could carry eight grenades in Halo: CE and Halo 3. In Halo: CE you could carry four frags and four plasma, In Halo 3 you could carry two of each different types (frag, plasma, spike, and flame).
Still though in CE the nades required more skills as the pistol was your main tool and in h3 the grenades were not as effective and you could still jump high in h3.
Also did anyone even read the sprint part?
As for sprint I have never understood people's obsession with it. I personally don't find anything wrong with it. Especially since everyone has it now and it is not just an armor ability anymore. I for one have always wanted a sprint option in Halo since the CE days. Not for competitive reason, but so I could get behind cover faster in campaign.
Most of the time you can hear the nades. Not being able to sprint while recharging is annoying sometimes but you'll learn to adapt with more gameplay
What really gets me is that Halo players still carry the mentality that if they get shot once they should just immediately throw a grenade or two behind them. I've had countless times where I will shoot at someone from a long distance and watch them turn around chuck a grenade and run. It's like Brah I'm 100 feet away. What are you doing?!
you are a noob
Willko wrote:
For a game with such a cult following, I'm shocked at how backwater-like HALO 5 multiplayer gameplay is compared to other recent multiplayer FPS games.
gethtones wrote:
Grenades have such a large radius if a grenade lands near you thrusters won't do -Yoink-
omegacon4 wrote:
Willko wrote:
For a game with such a cult following, I'm shocked at how backwater-like HALO 5 multiplayer gameplay is compared to other recent multiplayer FPS games.
By that do you mean people not running on walls, kill streak perks or load outs?
Also did anyone even read the sprint part?
Halo 1-3 didn't have sprinting. This one doesn't need it either.
omegacon4 wrote:
Willko wrote:
By that do you mean people not running on walls, kill streak perks or load outs?
Basically.

Throw in grenade threat indicators, HUDs that display lots of good information, aim assist, killcams (HALO 4 used to have one) and you've got a great modernized shooter game.

Yes, COD made the mistake of req packs in COD AW but has dropped it like a bad habit in COD BO3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2