Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Grenades do not need a nerf.

OP KCD0DGER

You guys are doing good with the weapon tuning, if your new update's reports are true. (Also, great job with the oddball! Seriously, rock on guys! Just in time for Halo-ween too!)

But the GRENADES DO NOT NEED A NERF. If anything, honestly, Frags need a higher AoE, they're sodding useless. Eight times out of ten you can thrust away to mitigate the damage and make it useless. If you're knocking down the blast radius, you BETTER be decreasing that fuse length AND increasing the damage.

As for the Splinter grenade, it's not cheap at all. If you enter a Splinter Grenade's field, you're gonna die. That's it, you're gonna die, so it COMPLETELY DISSUADES any movement from enemy players into that zone. That's exactly what it's supposed to do! Please do not change it. It is an extremely effective area denial tool and is PERFECT in its intended role.
I honestly thought all of the weapons were fine.
Remember those beefy Reach grenades? lol
Think about this.

You want the blast radius increased because people keep thrusting away from it. So now it can hit people even when Thrusting.

What happens if you don't have a Thruster? You're completely incapable of getting away from a grenade. Even if you back up away from it, you get get away from it. So now grenades are too powerful because you have to Thrust to escape them.

And if you increase the Damage, a point blank explosion will end up killing a person on the spot, making them even more powerful unless you're Thrusting, which you don't always have.
Nooga wrote:
I thought this too, but like many games that have some sort of professional league, the developers change things based on what the pros want in their special tournament matches. Rainbow Six is the same way, they don't fix bugs or anything unless the pro teams complain about it too.
DoubleSama wrote:
Nooga wrote:
I thought this too, but like many games that have some sort of professional league, the developers change things based on what the pros want in their special tournament matches. Rainbow Six is the same way, they don't fix bugs or anything unless the pro teams complain about it too.
Probably because they spent more time with the game so they have a slightly more idea about how the weapons work compared to the average player.

Even without the pro league, you can kinda tell not every weapon was fine, because this is not their first time changing a weapon in this game.
DoubleSama wrote:
Nooga wrote:
Probably because they spent more time with the game so they have a slightly more idea about how the weapons work compared to the average player.

Even without the pro league, you can kinda tell not every weapon was fine, because this is not their first time changing a weapon in this game.
It doesn't really matter anyway, I've been fine with how all the weapons have functioned since launch. They'll make some change and most players won't even notice. And those who do notice will get used to it. But the point is that they are making minute changes like that which don't affect 90% of the game population, yet they have left other bugs/typos in the game (some for over a year). Their fix for the arclight glitch in WZ? Take away the arclight instead of fixing the glitch. But the pro players aren't playing WZ so there's no incentive for them to fix that. And you can still get useless arclights in packs.
DoubleSama wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Nooga wrote:

It doesn't really matter anyway, I've been fine with how all the weapons have functioned since launch. They'll make some change and most players won't even notice. And those who do notice will get used to it. But the point is that they are making minute changes like that which don't affect 90% of the game population, yet they have left other bugs/typos in the game (some for over a year). Their fix for the arclight glitch in WZ? Take away the arclight instead of fixing the glitch. But the pro players aren't playing WZ so there's no incentive for them to fix that. And you can still get useless arclights in packs.
If the average player doesn't care or even notice, then they shouldn't complain about the weapon changes because they don't understand the problem or would even notice the new changes to begin with.

As for the Arclight, they said that a fix was underway but implementing it to the population would take an entire update, which means certifications and everything, so they're putting it with the upcoming November Update that includes 4K and everything else. They removed Arclight from Warzone because if they can't fix it, they aren't just gonna leave the very known bug there. Otherwise you'll just complain they aren't doing anything.

For someone who's really upset by the Arclight glitch, you don't sound very informed on it.
DoubleSama wrote:
Nooga wrote:
You must've ignored the two years of feedback on here. Love the stereotype that pros run the game 👌
DoubleSama wrote:
Nooga wrote:
You must've ignored the two years of feedback on here. Love the stereotype that pros run the game 👌
I dont understand the point of it.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Have you seen the Ce Grenades??
KCD0DGER wrote:
You guys are doing good with the weapon tuning, if your new update's reports are true. (Also, great job with the oddball! Seriously, rock on guys! Just in time for Halo-ween too!)

But the GRENADES DO NOT NEED A NERF. If anything, honestly, Frags need a higher AoE, they're sodding useless. Eight times out of ten you can thrust away to mitigate the damage and make it useless. If you're knocking down the blast radius, you BETTER be decreasing that fuse length AND increasing the damage.

As for the Splinter grenade, it's not cheap at all. If you enter a Splinter Grenade's field, you're gonna die. That's it, you're gonna die, so it COMPLETELY DISSUADES any movement from enemy players into that zone. That's exactly what it's supposed to do! Please do not change it. It is an extremely effective area denial tool and is PERFECT in its intended role.
I feel the grenades actually do need a nerf, the AoE for the H5 grenade seems to be one of the largest out there, and the nerf for the splinter grenade is because people are not using it as a area denial tool but as a cheap throw it at the enemy's feet and get a kill. The initial detonation damage is being reduced, but if you walk through a splinter it would still kill you. If you are having trouble doing well with the frags then you should practice different throws with them in game, because the way the frag works in halo is quite different than any other game, it doesn't detonate until it bounces off a surface, there is no "fuse" none of the grenades do actually.
Not only do they not need a nerf...but in a lot of cases there practically useless. I've literally walking into small corridors before and thrown grenades that barely even damage enemy players but soon as I throw a grenade near an ally or myself then I get instant killed or severely damaged. Kind of makes me wonder who's managing the balancing of the game.
Grenades have been mini-nukes since Reach. I’m all for tuning them way down, let alone a little.
Talking about splinters they don’t always kill ive had people charge straight through and kill me taking barely any damage but I’m playing from Australia so I’m used to getting reemed
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
Have you seen the Ce Grenades??
Glorious explosives lol
KCD0DGER wrote:

I agree they don't need a nerf.....because people have the opportunity to thrust away. I endorse the current nade power for all 3 involved and also endorse Splinter nades because of all the cool strategies being used with them.
They do.
I think they’re fine how they are now, but I wouldn’t object to a little decrease of blast radius.
KCD0DGER wrote:

The splinters can be taken back a small step though so you cant suicide nade so easily. It would still be effective at cutting off angles but cant panic nade as much.