Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

GrifBall - et tu brute?

OP L4WLTR0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I played three games last night. In those games I could have booted my team mates on two occasions but didn't (hey its grifball, it is chaotic with hammers swinging everywhere!) but then I get booted twice and the team then lost.. what's the deal here? Do I need to scale back my intensity/aggressiveness and let my teammates take charge? Or did I get stuck with a bunch of snowflakes who didn't like the collateral damage that always happens in grifball?
This happens all the time. I feel like I get tossed every other game or so for inadvertently hitting a teammate. But I tossed a guy earlier today because I was upset and I admit....it felt good!
L4WLTR0N wrote:
So I played three games last night. In those games I could have booted my team mates on two occasions but didn't (hey its grifball, it is chaotic with hammers swinging everywhere!) but then I get booted twice and the team then lost.. what's the deal here? Do I need to scale back my intensity/aggressiveness and let my teammates take charge? Or did I get stuck with a bunch of snowflakes who didn't like the collateral damage that always happens in grifball?
You could always just...watch where you're swinging. Same with those people who hit you.

Like I understand accidents are inevitable, but at some point there has to be some level of responsibility.
This is why I don’t play Grifball in Halo 5. I think it’s just this game where the damage to teammates is a bit ridiculous. There have been a couple instances where I’ve taken a bit of extra time to aim my swing, checked my radar to make sure no teammates are around, and still ended up with a double kill against my team. I loved Grifball in the older games though. Best thing would be to turn off friendly fire to fix all these problems.
This is pretty annoying. I don't typically kill my teammates, but I'm always getting betrayed. I don't ever kick anybody, but it's still annoying.
L4WLTR0N wrote:
You could always just...watch where you're swinging. Same with those people who hit you.

Like I understand accidents are inevitable, but at some point there has to be some level of responsibility.
This...100% this right here.
Honestly idk what 343 was thinking putting friendly fire in grifball. That mode is very chaotic but the same deal goes into super fiesta but in that mode friendly fire is off. It makes sense because that playmode is crazy but shouldn’t that be applied to grifball? What if there was a mythic grifball with bane and gavel as an actual playlist? It’d be stupid if that ever became a thing and 343 left friendly fire on just to screw with us like “friendly fire is on watch where you swing your gavels!”
you can get kicked just for killing three teammates in a row without them voting it sucks a lot
you can get kicked just for killing three teammates in a row without them voting it sucks a lot
If you kill three teammates in a row I don't think it's an accident...
Alaris ll wrote:
Honestly idk what 343 was thinking putting friendly fire in grifball. That mode is very chaotic but the same deal goes into super fiesta but in that mode friendly fire is off. It makes sense because that playmode is crazy but shouldn’t that be applied to grifball?
Didn't Grifball always have friendly fire? People still farm kills and betray in Halo Reach right now. Even Halo 3 had friendly fire.

Don't know why this is now suddenly 343i messing up with friendly fire is the standard.
Alaris ll wrote:
Honestly idk what 343 was thinking putting friendly fire in grifball. That mode is very chaotic but the same deal goes into super fiesta but in that mode friendly fire is off. It makes sense because that playmode is crazy but shouldn’t that be applied to grifball?
Didn't Grifball always have friendly fire? People still farm kills and betray in Halo Reach right now. Even Halo 3 had friendly fire.

Don't know why this is now suddenly 343i messing up with friendly fire is the standard.
Because if they didn't have friendly fire you could boost your player with the ball across the map
I think friendly fire should stay in Grifball, but maybe they could reduce the amount of damage you do to teammates (if that's possible). Having that could also help with identifying those who kill on accident and those who are actual team killers.
ouv wrote:
Alaris ll wrote:

Because if they didn't have friendly fire you could boost your player with the ball across the map
Boosting your player with the ball across the map was amazing in H3. Created quite the skill gap. One of the more fun things to do in GB.

Its funny how a thread like this comes up everytime GB is around. I personally think FF should be turned off, but I doubt well see that. Best bet is to just play in 4s.
I understand H3 Griffball did require team work but I still cant count how many times I have been booted for killing teammates on accident because the game can't distinguish a kill on accident from one on purpose its annoying and is causing me to kind of avoid Griffball for a while.
Be careful and you won't betray your teammates by mistake. Sometimes people will kick you for no reason, but its still better then being spawned camped by your teammates and enemys like in Reach (and maybe 4 i haven't played H4 Grifball since 2013) without being able to kick them.
I understand H3 Griffball did require team work but I still cant count how many times I have been booted for killing teammates on accident because the game can't distinguish a kill on accident from one on purpose its annoying and is causing me to kind of avoid Griffball for a while.
Thats why I stopped playing. Its easy to say "be careful where you swing" but its not my fault my teammates go infront of me when I swing. I stoped playing GB a while ago because of this, not worth it.
ouv wrote:
Alaris ll wrote:

Boosting your player with the ball across the map was amazing in H3. Created quite the skill gap. One of the more fun things to do in GB.

Its funny how a thread like this comes up everytime GB is around. I personally think FF should be turned off, but I doubt well see that. Best bet is to just play in 4s.
But since you can't grenade jump in this game which I think is dumb, but either way, I doubt it'll boost you in this game
ouv wrote:
ouv wrote:
Alaris ll wrote:

But since you can't grenade jump in this game which I think is dumb, but either way, I doubt it'll boost you in this game
Yeah the grenade jump needs to come back, that was a staple in Halo. I mentioned it in another post, but it created quite the skill gap & was tons of fun, especially when going after those pesky skulls that were well hidden.
ouv wrote:
ouv wrote:
Alaris ll wrote:

Yeah the grenade jump needs to come back, that was a staple in Halo. I mentioned it in another post, but it created quite the skill gap & was tons of fun, especially when going after those pesky skulls that were well hidden.
I mean I know they have clamber and auto stabilize to get to higher jumps but looking down grenade in a corner then jump to get way up was awesome
ouv wrote:
ouv wrote:
ouv wrote:
Alaris ll wrote:

I mean I know they have clamber and auto stabilize to get to higher jumps but looking down grenade in a corner then jump to get way up was awesome
100%. Clamber is just a poor mans grenade jump with zero satisfaction lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2