Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Grifball Betrayal

OP Akinola51

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can we PLEASE turn these off? It’s ridiculous that you can have a four person fire team and get booted from a match for accidentally killing your teammates.
Yes, I played two matches today and my teammates betrayed me 8 times. And my friend was expelled for it xD. Sometimes you are far from your teammates but they arrive super fast behind you and you kill them accidentally.
Akinola51 wrote:
Can we PLEASE turn these off? It’s ridiculous that you can have a four person fire team and get booted from a match for accidentally killing your teammates.
Just happened to me as well, absolutely ridiculous in a chaotic game like Griffball to have these settings.
Can't really help betraying teammates since they give the Hammer extended area of effect plus a near 360-degree attack radius. You can be standing directly behind a teammate and still get killed. The only thing you can do is be aware of where your teammates (and opponents) are at all times... And still be killed...
I’m literally getting booted from about 30% of my matches and this while being a top contributor on my teams. It’s ludicrous.
they cant do that because the players will abuse from hammer launching, but they can deactivate the option to kick out for betrayals, but It will never happen, all the times when Griftball is on matchmaking somebody open a new thread about this so...
Akinola51 wrote:
All people betrayed me on this playlist
why is friendly fire on for griffball?
If i remember correctly, as a player whose been betrayed a few times you're given the option to boot the offending teammate. (Or am I misremembering and the system automatically does it?)

Are players getting that upset at being betrayed that theyre willing to put their team down by a player? Or does the game need a two-step confirmation so players dont accidentally boot a teammate while mashing buttons during grifball chaos?
I like this mode from time to time but that FF booting is dumb.
If i remember correctly, as a player whose been betrayed a few times you're given the option to boot the offending teammate. (Or am I misremembering and the system automatically does it?)

Are players getting that upset at being betrayed that theyre willing to put their team down by a player? Or does the game need a two-step confirmation so players dont accidentally boot a teammate while mashing buttons during grifball chaos?
Both can happen. Teammates can boot you AND the system can do it automatically if it deems you to be doing it far too often in a short amount of time.
I stay pretty far behind teammates as backup, or take a separate attack vector from teammates. If I'm Within 50 feet of a teammate I vacate the area. No other good way to avoid friendly kill/deaths.
I hope they turn friendly fire off as I boot people accidentally wayyyy too often and feel really bad about it
I don't think friendly fire is the problem i think that allowing betrayal booting in grifball is absolutely ridiculous. How are you seriously supposed to play without accidentally killing your own team. Its as if they think games are slow and calculated.
Akinola51 wrote:
just happened to me. I got a 60 kill game only for my noob teammate who got in the way to boot me. really sucks and he betrayed me so many more times than I did yet I couldn't have the ability to kick him. Just dumb. Hopefully they just remove the kick thing
The game mode it's so chaotic and hard to not kill teammates, its annoyng to get kick out for that
If it was off players could launch their teammates across the map with hammers abusing the system.
If it was off players could launch their teammates across the map with hammers abusing the system.
that makes sense and i get you cant turn off booting because there are those players who only would betray their team. so maybe affect the behavior of the hammer to friendly players?
that makes sense and i get you cant turn off booting because there are those players who only would betray their team. so maybe affect the behavior of the hammer to friendly players?
The only problem is that it would be hard to do without changing the hammer everywhere. Not to mention with this game being 4 almost 5 yeas old, they most likely won't change a thing.
The only problem is that it would be hard to do without changing the hammer everywhere. Not to mention with this game being 4 almost 5 yeas old, they most likely won't change a thing.
i agree, it wont change now. with infinite releasing this year. but maybe its something they can do for infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2