Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Grifball Betrayal

OP Akinola51

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
why is friendly fire on for griffball?
If it was off players could launch their teammates across the map with hammers abusing the system.
that makes sense and i get you cant turn off booting because there are those players who only would betray their team. so maybe affect the behavior of the hammer to friendly players?
I've been suggesting this for years now, but reflective friendly fire is the best route. If you accidentally kill your teammate X number of times, reflective friendly fire is enabled and any damage you do to teammates is done to yourself.
If it was off players could launch their teammates across the map with hammers abusing the system.
that makes sense and i get you cant turn off booting because there are those players who only would betray their team. so maybe affect the behavior of the hammer to friendly players?
I've been suggesting this for years now, but reflective friendly fire is the best route. If you accidentally kill your teammate X number of times, reflective friendly fire is enabled and any damage you do to teammates is done to yourself.
Sounds like a good idea to me. After 3 or so times of betraying your teammates anytime you kill them after that is an automatic suicide.
Just playing GB angers me with it, and I think the auto suicide option is a great idea instead of getting kicked from the game. I've been getting multiple hate messages telling me something like "Go die nobody loves you and you're trash" from teammates and enemies in GB. When I betray a teammate it's like there's a 50% chance they don't care and a 50% chance they'll send me a bunch of hate comments on the way I play and telling me to go kill myself. I think it also takes into account if they can handle the game instead of having the great idea to kick you just to spite you. Honestly it depends on who you play with and if they aren't toxic because just had to deal with 3 hate message threads from people lol.
i do like this idea, and like you have been suggesting it for a while. its the perfect solution to people who just want to betray teammates. im all for this
I must say, lots of good ideas being passed around. Here is one more. When my friends and I play G'ball it is with a full team only.4 people on one team all with same notions. if you aren't betraying you aren't playing. We try very hard not to but if it happens we ignore it to keep the fun going!!!
I think 100% of everyone that plays this agrees with you. On that thought, you could get real high and do some maneuvers around the field without taking damage. Just have your team catapult you over to the other side.
Just playing GB angers me with it, and I think the auto suicide option is a great idea instead of getting kicked from the game. I've been getting multiple hate messages telling me something like "Go die nobody loves you and you're trash" from teammates and enemies in GB. When I betray a teammate it's like there's a 50% chance they don't care and a 50% chance they'll send me a bunch of hate comments on the way I play and telling me to go kill myself. I think it also takes into account if they can handle the game instead of having the great idea to kick you just to spite you. Honestly it depends on who you play with and if they aren't toxic because just had to deal with 3 hate message threads from people lol.
Just reply with : There's an uninstall button on the game.

If they reply 1v1

Just reply with : Alright 1v1 minecraft let's go! Lol
Its necesary that, we need turn off the friendly fire on grifball
Yes, Grifball betrayals are annoying, but they're an important part of the game. You don't get automatically booted for betrayals, but you can report people who betray you on purpose.
Unfortunately friendly fire serves a very key part of grifball. In halo 3 if you crouched at the center of map and the ball carrier jumped over you as you swung your hammer you could launch them the entire length of the field and could most likely score a goal. This wasn't game breaking and served as a viable strategy if you could set it up properly. Their was still enough uncertainty based on the angle of the jump and position you jumped from.

However the problem arises with ground pound. If you launch your ball carrier into the air once they reach the peak of their arch they suddenly have a 100% accurate aiming method that gives them an extra few seconds to decide if they should go for the goal or turn around. Not to mention your downward speed increases and sets you up for a kill if someone attempts to stop you.

You would first have to eliminate spartan abilities before you could turn off friendly fire. And 343 seems deadset on keeping armor abilities as often as they can for better or worse.
i do agree up to a point. maybe if there was a pro version then yes they should be booted but not for a casual other wise it does ruin then game
Well griftball has been taken off the playlist for now but I don't really seeing that much of a problem when I played it.
Maybe they should change it to no when you get that screen insted of no being the bottom.
maybe remove most of the knockback on the hammers in this mode, I believe releasing a 2.0 would solve the original problem, allowing friendly fire to be disabled. Or just used a sword, but then it just becomes castle wars and everyone but you has hammers
for turn friendly fire off in custom we need 5 seconds,how much harder can be for the community manager just a click.
1st time I played griffball, iwas so excited, it was fun, i score a goal, my team won.
2nd time, I kept getting prompt to mark a team mate for betrayal - about 3 different times and I kept clicking no. and then I was booted from the game.
3rd & 4th times I played, I was so careful running around with a sword, so I don't betray anyone. they were woeful defeats.

I've not played griffball ever since.
RulerOTW wrote:
1st time I played griffball, iwas so excited, it was fun, i score a goal, my team won.
2nd time, I kept getting prompt to mark a team mate for betrayal - about 3 different times and I kept clicking no. and then I was booted from the game.
3rd & 4th times I played, I was so careful running around with a sword, so I don't betray anyone. they were woeful defeats.

I've not played griffball ever since.
I've encountered the constant accidental betrayals and booting in the past as well. It's not an issue for me anymore -- you just have to be aware of your surroundings and your teammates' locations. Radar is your friend. Friendly-fire adds complexity to the game and makes you think before you swing.
Is there a chance that several accidental betrayals & bootings could result in a ban?
I was reading the Ban thread a couple of days ago, and I don't want to be banned.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2