Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Grifball: i want it back

OP DAZKO 89

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't want play to Grifball Pro.
How could you just make such an alteration like that?
I and many others have begun to love that game mode in Halo 5 in the way it was: shields, spartan charge, extremly high mobility...ALL.
Why you removed some parts of the alchemy? for "feel like Grifball modes of the past"?
If we wanted to feel Grifball like that of the past, we wouldn't have played it until today in the Halo 5 Arena!!!

Please give us the opportunity to play the same Grifball mode we enjoy until yesterday!!!

PLEASE 343!!!
PLEASE GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY THE SAME GRIFBALL MODE WE ENJOYED UNTIL YESTERDAY!!!

I love Grifball in Halo 5: HALO 5's GRIFBALL!
What changes were made? I played last night and both games I played had guys just spawn kill while the other guys held the ball at their end...

It was awful, and did I miss something with the Hammer as well? I couldn't hit anyone or get timing down at all, I don't know if it was me or the game but it was just a bad experience.

Other then my terrible Grifball experience last night I LOVE the new update and the new playlists/social/ranked, customs browser, Its awesome!
"[...] removal of Spartan Charge, new health and damage model, and slightly lower gravity will make these settings feel like Grifball modes of the past"

"health and damage model" means no shields
The C Milk wrote:
What changes were made? I played last night and both games I played had guys just spawn kill while the other guys held the ball at their end...

It was awful, and did I miss something with the Hammer as well? I couldn't hit anyone or get timing down at all, I don't know if it was me or the game but it was just a bad experience.

Other then my terrible Grifball experience last night I LOVE the new update and the new playlists/social/ranked, customs browser, Its awesome!
" [...] removal of Spartan Charge, new health and damage model, and slightly lower gravity will make these settings feel like Grifball modes of the past". I copied this from https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-arena-update
"health and damage model" means no shields in particular
DAZKO 89 wrote:
"[...] removal of Spartan Charge, new health and damage model, and slightly lower gravity will make these settings feel like Grifball modes of the past"

Thats awesome. Got sick of suicide chargers.
DAZKO 89 wrote:

Probably cause you don't know how to kill them without dying
DAZKO 89 wrote:
DAZKO 89 wrote:

Probably cause you don't know hot to kill them without dying
Probably not, why not you enlighten me.
DAZKO 89 wrote:
DAZKO 89 wrote:

The right time, the right eye, the right hand... The right player .. I do that even with sword... You have to train, to be better... thats it
DAZKO 89 wrote:
DAZKO 89 wrote:
DAZKO 89 wrote:

The right time, the right eye, the right hand... The right player .. I do that even with sword... You have to train, to be better... thats it
Well sometimes you got to make things work for people that don't have that time on their hands. I'm plenty good at the game but I still only get them roughly 25% of the time.
DAZKO 89 wrote:

suicide charging is fun though

just kidding
But, in all seriousness, I enjoyed spartan charging. It was a fun way to get kills, and it added an interesting dynamic to the game, a dynamic that the older versions of grifball lacked
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
But, in all seriousness, I enjoyed spartan charging. It was a fun way to get kills, and it added an interesting dynamic to the game, a dynamic that the older versions of grifball lacked
Eh, spartan abilities sure but not spartan charge. It doesn't offer any advantage, unless your so bad at beating people that you need to suicide.
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
Eh, spartan abilities sure but not spartan charge. It doesn't offer any advantage, unless your so bad at beating people that you need to suicide.
Who says that spartan charging automatically means suicide
I use it to get plenty of kills without dying in the process
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
I feel bad for your enemies then, thats embarrassing. Not saying your not good or anything but its so easy to kill someone attacking you with spartan charge, its just hard to survive as well.
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
I feel bad for your enemies then, thats embarrassing. Not saying your not good or anything but its so easy to kill someone attacking you with spartan charge, its just hard to survive as well.
It all depends on timing i find
A lot of people swing at me when im charging towards them, swing too early then i murder them
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
A lot of people swing at me when im charging towards them, swing too early then i murder them
Thats just them screwing up, you can't predict and time that.
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
I guess so
Another way i use spartan charging however is when I am chasing someone, and I use it to quickly gain ground and kill them
The new settings closely mirror the settings used in the Grifball leagues. We spent tons of time adjusting and testing them to make it the most competitive we could. The only thing that's different from the league settings is that the runner still has the ability to ground pound. You can still be aggressive, you just can't lunge from a crazy distance with a hammer.
DAZKO 89 wrote:

just kidding
I guess so
Another way i use spartan charging however is when I am chasing someone, and I use it to quickly gain ground and kill them
Yeah, when they're not looking works. I'm just saying head on.
Spartan charge was probably removed so players --such as I -- could not launch themselves across the map. I'm fine with it being removed.
So they made the game mode better and that's.... A bad thing?

I guess they could have done as Reach did where the post-ArmorLock changes and 'classic' AL settings were in two different playlists, but with how many we already have now I don't know if that'd be worth the hassle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2