Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Removing charge, that's fine. Sword was never good for Grifball anyway. Removed shields? Makes sense. Not enough deaths out there. Increased Gravity Hammer splash? A little OP, but I can deal with it.
Keeping betrayal boots? That's where I draw the line.

You could never boot in Grifball in previous Halo games because accidental betrayals are inevitable. Things are even more fast-paced in Halo 5. People are going to be pressing buttons fast and are likely to boot their own teammates by accident. I was on a hot streak in this last game and got booted from a teammate. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but booting really shouldn't be an option.

You said you wanted Grifball to closer to its original experience. Please mean it by removing the boot option.
Removing charge, that's fine. Sword was never good for Grifball anyway. Removed shields? Makes sense. Not enough deaths out there. Increased Gravity Hammer splash? A little OP, but I can deal with it.
Keeping betrayal boots? That's where I draw the line.

You could never boot in Grifball in previous Halo games because accidental betrayals are inevitable. Things are even more fast-paced in Halo 5. People are going to be pressing buttons fast and are likely to boot their own teammates by accident. I was on a hot streak in this last game and got booted from a teammate. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but booting really shouldn't be an option.

You said you wanted Grifball to closer to its original experience. Please mean it by removing the boot option.
Yeah they should totally remove booting from Grifball
So you want 3-man spawn trap trolling again?
As long as your careful you shouldn't get booted as it takes several betrayals. The old system was so easily abused, and I'm honestly glad they added booting.
Actually the sword did used to have purpose in Grifball. The sword used to be a great anti-Grif weapon, more so than the hammer. But the hammer was a great anti-sword weapon. It was almost like a rock-paper-scissors scenario.
In Halo 5, however, the sword is terrible at killing Grifs and hammers alike. I'd like the sword to be more useful against Grifs as in the past; give a reason to use it again.
I could've sworn reach had betrayal booting though? I honestly can't remember if h4 griffball did tho.

there needs to be an option to boot purposely excessive betrayals tho. I don't feel like playing with jack -Yoinks!-. The good thing is I can at least gauge what's on purpose and what isn't. If I happen to be on the enemy griffball carrier and die by a team mate I'll assume he was trying to kill the carrier, not me, same if I'm near any opposing player. If I'm out in the open and no enemy near me then there's room to kick someone. I just think so many are to incompetent to really understand the difference between "on purpose" and accidental.
Dude I got around 70 kills with 3 exterms in grifball the other week
If I recall, all Halo titles except reach had betrayal booting in Grifball. Otherwise your teammates have no reason to just grief.
Here's the solution: let everyone leave a "mark" on the person's profile after the match, making sure you aren't match made with them in the future, and counting as a normal boot would in the case of a non-Grifball betrayal.

In-game, I guess it could work the same as a betrayal notification, and confirmation, just don't actually boot the person, so a "boot" without the booting. Let it come up after three betrayals or something like that.

For me personally, I would never boot even if I thought someone was hitting me out of carelessness - I'm already sacrificing my KDA with Grifball, at the very least I want to win. No point in playing a man down.
Why do they want Grifball of ALL game modes to be closest to it's classic formula?!?!?! Just use that same mindset for Slayer, 343, take out the Power Weapon indicators, Spartan Abilities, Sprint, and increase the jump height and we have a real good time on our hands :)

In all seriousness, Grifball was more fun (IMHO) before it was Grifball Pro!
I agree. Get rid of betrayal boots, or at least adjust it somehow - accidents happen, especially in close, hard fought games. It drives you crazy being in a close match, making a play on the ball, then getting booted because your teammate also went for it again the other team, and getting booted from the game shortly after.
And that has do do with what?
Accidental betrayals are inevitable. That's why you aren't booted after the very first one.

If you get a lot to the point where you are booted (other than the part where that line changes every once in a while), then maybe you need to pay attention to where you're hitting.
I think it should not count as a betrayal if you kill an enemy player in the same strike. I know I have been booted way more lately because of the increase splash damage of the hammer. The problem is that when you are trying to kill the enemy that is coming in to pick up a loose ball and you have a teammate charge in trying to get it at the same time.
Vaudeur wrote:
And that has do do with what?
To prove its not broken. Lol
Sk1nn3r24 wrote:
I agree. Get rid of betrayal boots, or at least adjust it somehow - accidents happen, especially in close, hard fought games. It drives you crazy being in a close match, making a play on the ball, then getting booted because your teammate also went for it again the other team, and getting booted from the game shortly after.
Right, 3 team kills throughout a match is not a reason for betrayal boots.
6+ team kills in a row with no opponent kills in-between? Pop up an option to boot, because that guy is an -Yoink-.
Really, all they need to do is implement Reach's booting system: You get betrayed over and over, then a screen pops up asking you if you want to boot the guy who killed you. If you know it was an accident, you say no. You see the guy directly gunning for you, you say yes. Simple as that.
I see two problems with Grifball pro:
1. Zero shields and Gravity Hammer splash damage make it easy to accidentally betray a teammate.
2. Some players are not careful with their selection when the screen that gives the player the option to boot your betrayer pops up.
Scenarios like this can happen:
You get betrayed. You just want to respawn to get back into the game, but the screen that gives the option to boot your betrayer comes up. You just press 'a' without thinking to just get back into the game.
kaykx wrote:
I see two problems with Grifball pro:
1. Zero shields and Gravity Hammer splash damage make it easy to accidentally betray a teammate.
2. Some players are not careful with their selection when the screen that gives the player the option to boot your betrayer pops up.
Scenarios like this can happen:
You get betrayed. You just want to respawn to get back into the game, but the screen that gives the option to boot your betrayer comes up. You just press 'a' without thinking to just get back into the game.
And then you're likely to lose because you are down a team mate.
Not gonna lie in old halos I would spawn trap my team lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2