Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They really do need to do something about this. I have been joining a lot more games in progress. I have started looking more at the gone players in the carnage reports. I am seeing a lot of guys with the biggest amount of enemy kills that are gone(I would guess booted). I think it has a lot to do with new players. I joined a game midway in today that we were losing pretty bad when i joined. I still managed to be the top ranker at the end with the most kills. I see the guy I replaced had way more kills than anyone else on this team. I know I have been booted 3 or 4 times today. I was the leading enemy killer on our team every time.
Chimera30 wrote:
Actually the sword did used to have purpose in Grifball. The sword used to be a great anti-Grif weapon, more so than the hammer. But the hammer was a great anti-sword weapon. It was almost like a rock-paper-scissors scenario.
In Halo 5, however, the sword is terrible at killing Grifs and hammers alike. I'd like the sword to be more useful against Grifs as in the past; give a reason to use it again.
Before they removed shields, I killed more people with the sword than the hammer. The sword is still anti-grif, since it causes more damage to grif when he and the sword-user hit each other at the same time. I for one will miss it, and hope it will come back, as it's part of the original grifball formula.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
There is a ban function?
Just had to boot a player on grifball. Felt totally bad about it, but he team killed me twice within 5 seconds and apparently he had team killed me before he got me because it asked me to boot him twice, so the second time it asked I had to send him packing. He had 45 kills too.
Spoiler:
Show
You need to have it to some extent to prevent the -Yoink- from "trolling." However the threshold needs to be increased, it's WAY to easy to accidentally betray and then get booted (and potentially subsequently banned) for it.
Spoiler:
Show
I miss watching Grif explode along with everyone else who was caught in Grif's proximity during the score.

And yeah, betrayal booting is annoying.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I think it should not count as a betrayal if you kill an enemy player in the same strike. I know I have been booted way more lately because of the increase splash damage of the hammer. The problem is that when you are trying to kill the enemy that is coming in to pick up a loose ball and you have a teammate charge in trying to get it at the same time.
That is a really good idea.
Spoiler:
Show
Not that it would necessarily be my solution, but what's wrong with removing friendly fire/bludgeoning/stabbing from Grifball? No betrayals, period.
Not that it would necessarily be my solution, but what's wrong with removing friendly fire/bludgeoning/stabbing from Grifball? No betrayals, period.
You'd then be capable of sending other players (including the ball carrier) all the way across the map with zero damage and out of reach from the rest of the players until they land on the goal.

Pretty much every game will be "Grab the ball, get launched to the other side, Ground Pound down", because it works.
You'd then be capable of sending other players (including the ball carrier) all the way across the map with zero damage and out of reach from the rest of the players until they land on the goal.

Pretty much every game will be "Grab the ball, get launched to the other side, Ground Pound down", because it works.
Oh, good point. Didn't even think of that! Scratch that, then. Only way around that would be killing all the launchers and that would get sticky.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2