Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

GROUNDPOUND TO OP?

OP I OpTical Dr3am

Today I saw some gameplay on YouTube.
A player used Groundpound, how often he want. One hit, dead.
I've watched some more gameplay, and I've seen people jump up and immediately ground pound the spot under themselves to damage nearby enemies.

So far I'm not a fan.
No, Ground Pound isn't OP at all. You will forget to use it most of the time.
Wh1plash96 wrote:
No, Ground Pound isn't OP at all. You will forget to use it most of the time.
Yes, but to use it anytime you want is OP.
Today, I saw some gameplay on YouTube.
A player used Groundpound, how often he want. And we all know, one hit, one death.
I think, its better to do a limit, for Groundpound.

Do you think so too?
no, i tried using it quite alot. Most times it doesnt kill and only removed shields, even on a direct hit. The only times it killed was when an opponent had already taken slight damage.
also, you have to be high enough to use it, you cant just jump and GP straight under you from normal jump height
It leaves you wide open when charging up, the radius in which you can charge down on is fairly small and, it takes a fair bit of skill to make a good hit with it
Just imagine using ground pound on a bunch of grunts.....
Ground pound is not even remotely overpowered. It's one of those things that when you do it you will probably be like "OOOH" and there will be Youtube montages and stuff.
I hope they remove it because it destroyed crouch jumping
Duuuhh wrote:
I hope they remove it because it destroyed crouch jumping
which you surely don't need now, thanks to clamber?
Just imagine using ground pound on a bunch of grunts.....
Can see it....
I've been playing the Beta. It takes a good amount of skill (and height) to line up a shot perfectly. Even then, you need to hit them directly in order for it to be one-hit-kill I think. If you see it coming, it's easy to doge with the thruster pack, which makes it easy to gun down the player you dodged while he's recovering from it.

I'd say it's pretty balanced as it is, but don't take my word for it.