1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
BTB needs the BR as a base weapon due to map sizes. Also, I feel the H2 BR is harder to perfect with than the standard BR, but the Magnetism makes the shots easier to land. I feel like the "headshot" accuracy is off on the H2 variant for some reason.
Map size isn't the only factor in a loaodut weapon -_-

75% of BTB's maps were designed and playtested with the magnum. BR starts do not belong in BTB outside of like three maps.
I really doubt that maps going into matchmaking were play tested with settings different than would be launched into matchmaking. If you've watched any of the vidocs 343 had put out of their work on Halo, you would know they have extensive play tests on how maps play in regards to game settings, weapons, power ups, and objective placement.

Thinking they didn't test btb maps with BR starts before they put them into matchmaking is a little naive.
  • Halo 5's BR is not the same BR as previous Halo games. The argument that BR starts has always been BTB's thing simply won't work no matter how much you try. It's RRR is much longer, has tighter spread, is now a hitscan weapon (compared to H3's), and better hit registration. This reduces the role of distances based stagnation, reduced value of teir-one weapons, making vehicles useless, and other issues
  • Individual Empowerment: The BR's 4 shot to kill leaves individuals at a disadvantage when attacking or defending themselves from multiple teammates. Because the BR only requires four shots to kill a target, it means that two players would need to fire twice to kill an enemy. However, if they had magnums, then they would need to fire three shots because the magnum requires five shots to kill a target. By giving players a magnum instead of a BR, it allows solo players to have a better chance at coming out on top in a 1v2 scenario. And even if the solo player dies, they have a chance to eliminate one player before dying, making the engagement a tradeoff of kills.
  • "Yes, it was designed for Mag & AR starts." - TimeDipper (author of Dispelled)
  • "Pistol starts work great on Halvalla. I'd rather that than br starts on it." - no god anywhere (author of Viking)
  • "I do think BR starts need to go... I actually designed Entombed for AR/Pistol starts... that is why there is BR's placed around the map..lol" - Ducain23 (author of Entombed and famous forger)
  • "We tested all the new BTB maps with Pistol/AR starts. They all played much better. Deadlock became the vehicle playground it was intended to be. Hopefully, they make the right decision and rid BTB of BR starts." - Nokyard (author of Deadlock and famous Grifball forger)
  • "I see that everyone is advocating for magnum starts in the BTB playlist and I'm glad to see the support for it. Unyshek has been trying to create a trial period for magnum starts in the Big Team Battle playlist for quite some time now. We need to show more interest for magnum starts as a community to help convince some higher ups from the MP team." - Warholic (co-author of the new Antifreeze and famous forger)
  • "Yes, they were. Most of us forgers have been designing all maps, including BTB, with Magnum starts in mind. The Magnum is the optimal starting weapon in Halo 5, and is what the rest of the sandbox was designed around. It's also more balanced than the BR when facing multiple opponents. The BR kills in four shots, meaning two players shooting one each have to fire twice. With the Magnum, one of those players will have to fire a third time, lengthening the TTK slightly which allows the enemy player a greater chance at fighting back. This, in combination with its shorter range, allows players to more effectively fight their way out of potential spawn traps, increases the viability of vehicles, and further segments the maps by distance and makes them play larger than they currently do." - Squally DaBeanz (author of Fracture and co-author of the new Recurve and Antifreeze)
  • This video by ForgeHub's ThePsychoDuck (author of Guillotine)
BTB needs the BR as a base weapon due to map sizes. Also, I feel the H2 BR is harder to perfect with than the standard BR, but the Magnetism makes the shots easier to land. I feel like the "headshot" accuracy is off on the H2 variant for some reason.

75% of BTB's maps were designed and playtested with the magnum. BR starts do not belong in BTB outside of like three maps.
I really doubt that maps going into matchmaking were play tested with settings different than would be launched into matchmaking. If you've watched any of the vidocs 343 had put out of their work on Halo, you would know they have extensive play tests on how maps play in regards to game settings, weapons, power ups, and objective placement.

Thinking they didn't test btb maps with BR starts before they put them into matchmaking is a little naive.
  • Halo 5's BR is not the same BR as previous Halo games. The argument that BR starts has always been BTB's thing simply won't work no matter how much you try. It's RRR is much longer, has tighter spread, is now a hitscan weapon (compared to H3's), and better hit registration. This leads to stagnation, making vehicles useless, and other issues
  • "Yes, it was designed for Mag & AR starts." - TimeDipper (author of Dispelled)
  • "Pistol starts work great on Halvalla. I'd rather that than br starts on it." - no god anywhere (author of Viking)
  • "I do think BR starts need to go... I actually designed Entombed for AR/Pistol starts... that is why there is BR's placed around the map..lol" - Ducain23 (author of Entombed and famous forger)
  • "We tested all the new BTB maps with Pistol/AR starts. They all played much better. Deadlock became the vehicle playground it was intended to be. Hopefully, they make the right decision and rid BTB of BR starts." - Nokyard (author of Deadlock and famous Grifball forger)
  • "I see that everyone is advocating for magnum starts in the BTB playlist and I'm glad to see the support for it. Unyshek has been trying to create a trial period for magnum starts in the Big Team Battle playlist for quite some time now. We need to show more interest for magnum starts as a community to help convince some higher ups from the MP team." - Warholic (co-author of the new Antifreeze and famous forger)
  • "Yes, they were. Most of us forgers have been designing all maps, including BTB, with Magnum starts in mind. The Magnum is the optimal starting weapon in Halo 5, and is what the rest of the sandbox was designed around. It's also more balanced than the BR when facing multiple opponents. The BR kills in four shots, meaning two players shooting one each have to fire twice. With the Magnum, one of those players will have to fire a third time, lengthening the TTK slightly which allows the enemy player a greater chance at fighting back. This, in combination with its shorter range, allows players to more effectively fight their way out of potential spawn traps, increases the viability of vehicles, and further segments the maps by distance and makes them play larger than they currently do." - Squally DaBeanz (author of Fracture and co-author of the new Recurve and Antifreeze)
Don't care honestly... H5 BR is different ok... Why don't they simply tweek the vehicles to be different? Why should I spawn in a map with long sight lines with a weapon designed for medium to short range? So I will become defenseless at some point in the game? Sounds lame to me. Btb should be BR starts plain and simple.
LethalQ wrote:

• Halo 5's BR is not the same BR as previous Halo games. The argument that BR starts has always been BTB's thing simply won't work no matter how much you try. It's RRR is much longer, has tighter spread, is now a hitscan weapon (compared to H3's), and better hit registration. This leads to stagnation, making vehicles useless, and other issues
Don't care honestly... H5 BR is different ok... Why don't they simply tweek the vehicles to be different? Why should I spawn in a map with long sight lines with a weapon designed for medium to short range? So I will become defenseless at some point in the game? Sounds lame to me. Btb should be BR starts plain and simple.
If you don't care then why bother with this argument?

There is more to loadout weapons than the range and the questions your asking can be answered in the post above, namely in the video.

"Thinking they didn't test btb maps with BR starts before they put them into matchmaking is a little naive."

not really, it's 343 logic 👌Just toss -Yoink- at a wall and hope it works. I trust the actual map creators who made it for magnums over 343 just tossing in BRs cause "why not?" The Simple fact is BTB got absolutely butchered in this game with no care at all, it's why 343 should put the community in charge of running it while 343 can go fiddle with their precious breakout or warzone.
LethalQ wrote:

There is more to loadout weapons than the range and the questions your asking can be answered in the post above, namely in the video.
Because I want my starting weapon to match my environment. ARs are for Arena style CQC. They don't belong on BTB maps with mostly long range engagements. Why try and take away the only playlist offering BR starts? A playlist that has pretty much always had BR starts because the environment calls for BRs.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Because I want my starting weapon to match my environment. ARs are for Arena style CQC. They don't belong on BTB maps with mostly long range engagements.
This isn't about the AR, it's about the magnum.
Quote:
Why try and take away the only playlist offering BR starts?
Because they don't work in Halo 5 unless you mess with the settings and even then, it's very much hit or miss. They aren't meant to be a loadout weapon in standard Halo 5. Warzone is the only environment they work in because of the size of the maps, powerful AI, and ability to call in power weapons and vehicles whenever one feels like it.
Quote:
A playlist that has pretty much always had BR starts because the environment calls for BRs.
Except for Halo 5 where the BR is too powerful of a loadout weapon.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Because I want my starting weapon to match my environment. ARs are for Arena style CQC. They don't belong on BTB maps with mostly long range engagements.
This isn't about the AR, it's about the magnum.
Quote:
Why try and take away the only playlist offering BR starts?
Because they don't work in Halo 5 unless you mess with the settings and even then, it's very much hit or miss. They aren't meant to be a loadout weapon in standard Halo 5. Warzone is the only environment they work in because of the size of the maps, powerful AI, and ability to call in power weapons and vehicles whenever one feels like it.
Quote:
A playlist that has pretty much always had BR starts because the environment calls for BRs.
Except for Halo 5 where the BR is too powerful of a loadout weapon.
Which is why I said they need to tweek the vehicles, the BR in H5 serves it role perfectly. It seems some just want to make it even easier to "farm" by making players defenseless on big maps with short range weapons.

Also how has the H2BR playlist thread turned into the starting weapon for BTB thread... Hahaha 🙂
LethalQ wrote:

Because I want my starting weapon to match my environment. ARs are for Arena style CQC. They don't belong on BTB maps with mostly long range engagements. Why try and take away the only playlist offering BR starts? A playlist that has pretty much always had BR starts because the environment calls for BRs.
Hey RUL MonkeyxMoo are you the originator of that post from reddit? I had found it a couple of days ago and bookmarked it for reference later. I was going to link it in a post, but I don't like quoting people without a source, and with all the quotes from the forgers, not that I doubt their veracity, I wanted to be able to post something definitive. If you are, thank you for making that post. It's too bad we still haven't gotten that test playlist. I'd say it would be something good for the two year anniversary!

And LethalQ, man sometimes I really like your posts and what you have to say, you know that since I actually click the like on some of them, but are you really this intransigent and obtuse about this? Did you even read what Monkey posted? I have a sneaking suspicion that you skim, and are standing firm merely because of this whole vehicle argument that you have. This is not just, "Oh they just have to change the vehicles." Changing the vehicles to be able to match up against a team of 8 with BR's...even as I type that I can't believe you don't see it. You are refusing to see.

It is difficult to listen to your arguments when you so blatantly disregard and disrespect ours. You don't care? Your nonchalant attitude makes it difficult to care to see a compromise with you.

You're right, it's too bad this thread has turned into a discussion about BTB, instead of what you had intended. It's unfortunate you didn't take responsibility for your thread and attempt to steer it back to your subject.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Hey RUL MonkeyxMoo are you the originator of that post from reddit? I had found it a couple of days ago and bookmarked it for reference later. I was going to link it in a post, but I don't like quoting people without a source, and with all the quotes from the forgers, not that I doubt their veracity, I wanted to be able to post something definitive. If you are, thank you for making that post. It's too bad we still haven't gotten that test playlist. I'd say it would be something good for the two year anniversary!

And LethalQ, man sometimes I really like your posts and what you have to say, you know that since I actually click the like on some of them, but are you really this intransigent and obtuse about this? Did you even read what Monkey posted? I have a sneaking suspicion that you skim, and are standing firm merely because of this whole vehicle argument that you have. This is not just, "Oh they just have to change the vehicles." Changing the vehicles to be able to match up against a team of 8 with BR's...even as I type that I can't believe you don't see it. You are refusing to see.

It is difficult to listen to your arguments when you so blatantly disregard and disrespect ours. You don't care? Your nonchalant attitude makes it difficult to care to see a compromise with you.

You're right, it's too bad this thread has turned into a discussion about BTB, instead of what you had intended. It's unfortunate you didn't take responsibility for your thread and attempt to steer it back to your subject.
Sorry but nothing any one can say will convince me that weapons intended for short/medium range will work better on maps with long open areas. It doesn't even make sense.
LethalQ wrote:
Sorry but nothing any one can say will convince me that weapons intended for short/medium range will work better on maps with long open areas. It doesn't even make sense.
You probably won't watch this, since you have stated before you don't watch yourtube because of all the angry videos, but please, watch this:
Battle Rifle or Magnum Starts in BTB? (Halo 5 Design Talk)This is from one of the map designer RUL MonkeyxMoo already posted it, but I want to post it again because I think a perspective from a designer could be good. I admit I didn't fully get why it would be better at first either until I started looking into it, watching videos, reading other threads and explanations from other perspectives.

Anyway, if this doesn't convince nothing will, and this will be the last of it.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
You probably won't watch this, since you have stated before you don't watch yourtube because of all the angry videos, but please, watch this:
Battle Rifle or Magnum Starts in BTB? (Halo 5 Design Talk)This is from one of the map designer RUL MonkeyxMoo already posted it, but I want to post it again because I think a perspective from a designer could be good. I admit I didn't fully get why it would be better at first either until I started looking into it, watching videos, reading other threads and explanations from other perspectives.

Removing BR starts from BTB will just lead to teams pinning other teams down way more easy once they have the power weapons and vehicles because the other team will be virtually defenseless.
LethalQ wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Removing BR starts from BTB will just lead to teams pinning other teams down way more easy once they have the power weapons and vehicles because the other team will be virtually defenseless.
You didn't watch it did you? It's actually more likely that the pinning happens when there are BR's. Lol, this is a Feature Topic. I apologize for going so off topic.

Anyway, how about those H2 BR's?! I played about an hour last night to try and meet up with the 343 team but no luck. It just felt odd having everyone spawn with the H2BR. It wasn't my cup of tea. Neither was the fact that in Social the MMR is so much wider. I don't like the fact of being placed with players so much more skilled than I am. Yes, it happens in Ranked, but it happens a lot less.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

You didn't watch it did you? It's actually more likely that the pinning happens when there are BR's. Lol, this is a Feature Topic. I apologize for going so off topic.

Anyway, how about those H2 BR's?! I played about an hour last night to try and meet up with the 343 team but no luck. It just felt odd having everyone spawn with the H2BR. It wasn't my cup of tea. Neither was the fact that in Social the MMR is so much wider. I don't like the fact of being placed with players so much more skilled than I am. Yes, it happens in Ranked, but it happens a lot less.
H2BR playlist is pretty fun IMO. Yeah it not some challengefest that some seem to want in every game but it's a social playlist for a reason. I was just about maybe to play some more of it. I just wish they used anniversary throwback maps and that people wouldn't quit so much.
LethalQ wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Maybe cause the argument isn't completely about the range 🤔 The thing you keep skipping over when we go over this. Regardless you're not the one needs convincing cause the creators are the ones that know better, it's their map after all.
LethalQ wrote:
H2BR playlist is pretty fun IMO. Yeah it not some challengefest that some seem to want in every game but it's a social playlist for a reason. I was just about maybe to play some more of it. I just wish they used anniversary throwback maps and that people wouldn't quit so much.
Oh man if it had been on those maps I would have played it all weekend. What happened to them bringing that playlist back? Didn't ske7ch say something earlier this year about it returning? Ugh, too many rotating playlists in my opinion.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Oh man if it had been on those maps I would have played it all weekend. What happened to them bringing that playlist back? Didn't ske7ch say something earlier this year about it returning? Ugh, too many rotating playlists in my opinion.
Being that anniversary throwback maps are now in super fiesta it makes me wonder if the playlist will ever return.
LethalQ wrote:
H2 playlist.... Not sure if this is that "classic playlist" they were talking about before but maybe worth a look.
Nice
Its decent, lol
Wow!
Now you can die even quicker in the Halo 5 multiplayer!
Thanks to the halo 2 BR!
Same. I'm not playing that mode. #spawnkilledallday
its an okay game mode
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8