3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
DaxSeven09 wrote:
BTB needs the BR as a base weapon due to map sizes. Also, I feel the H2 BR is harder to perfect with than the standard BR, but the Magnetism makes the shots easier to land. I feel like the "headshot" accuracy is off on the H2 variant for some reason.
Map size isn't the only factor in a loaodut weapon -_-

75% of BTB's maps were designed and playtested with the magnum. BR starts do not belong in BTB outside of like three maps.
I really doubt that maps going into matchmaking were play tested with settings different than would be launched into matchmaking. If you've watched any of the vidocs 343 had put out of their work on Halo, you would know they have extensive play tests on how maps play in regards to game settings, weapons, power ups, and objective placement.

Thinking they didn't test btb maps with BR starts before they put them into matchmaking is a little naive.
I would like to give you some perspective here, because clearly yours is a little off. All of the BTB maps are created by forgers. They test them and test them for months before submitting them to 343 for further testing, and then possibly being chosen for matchmaking. Yes, 343 will make changes of their own, hence the addition of BR's to BTB, because originally the forgers made these maps with the Pistol in mind.

Here is a link to a thread in where the forgers themselves mention that the testing included Pistol starts: 6 New Big Team Battle Maps. Scroll down a little and you will see what I am talking about.

Also here is a thread with B is for Bravo mentioning that Sandtrap, a.k.a Altar, doesn't work well with BR starts: Br starts in BTB needs to go. There was a discussion within 343 apparently that they were considering a playlist test for Pistol starts. Unfortunately that was a year ago, but we can still hope.

Don't go around calling people naive when you haven't done your research. All you have to do is google man. That's all I did to find those links.
If all you have to do is Google it, than maybe you should try.

After forgers personally play test their maps, they submit them for matchmaking consideration. After they are chosen by 343, they then under go ~6 months of playtesting with 343 directly involved in feedback, and map changes. In a community update from the first quarter of the games dlc cycle there's a large interview with a forger about the process, and there is a lot of detail about just how much testing was performed, and how many iterations a map goes through. And in case you don't want to guess, it's MONTHS worth of testing and map adjustments, with hours and hours a day of play tests. All of which would be with BR starts once 343 is involved.

Also BR starts aren't the reason Deadlock isn't a vehicle playground. The lazer/grenade launcher, two rocket launchers, 4 plasma grenades, 4 splinter grenades, 2 turrets, 2 plasma pistols, and 2 hydras are the reason Deadlock (and most other btb maps) aren't super vehicle friendly.

So I stick by my original statement. If you believe maps in BtB aren't playtested with BR starts, that's a little bit of a naive opinion to have.
HALO 2 BR IS GREAT
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hi there. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
WOOOOW
Headshot es cuestión de presición.
I prefer the Halo 2 BR over Halo 5 because its better....And looks pretty...And is classic....But this playlist is....You might as well make a CE magnums only playlist.
I really don't want to continue highjacking thread, but I want to make a quick response to this mainly because I want to apologize. I read and understood your post wrong. I thought you were saying that they never tested the maps with the pistol.

Either way though I stand behind my premise that the Pistol would be better for BTB, and lastly they may have tested with BR but they didn't all agree they worked well.

Let's just agree to disagree, and maybe we could hear what you thought of the H2 BR playlist. Have you played it? How do you think it works on the maps? Would it surprise you that I'm not a huge fan?!
I never have played halo wars 2 but played the first one which i likesd and was thinking about going out to gert the second one today if it as good as the first.
It's certainly fun to play. They should definitely consider having H2A BR starts in BTB or SWAT.
psg1081 wrote:
I never have played halo wars 2 but played the first one which i likesd and was thinking about going out to gert the second one today if it as good as the first.
This thread is in reference to the Halo 2 Battle Rifle playlist that is now a featured playlist on Halo 5. It's great you might get HW2, but if you have played this playlist we'd like to hear your thoughts.
And now I know what I'm doing when I get on my Xbox
I am not a big fan of this playlist. Literally nothing has changed besides H2 BR starts. I think it's pointless.
It's fun, nothing compared to the older halos but I like it.
Much love to the BR 55!

You can take away all the magnetism
(which I dont care for anyway) and its still the best BR! More BRs is never a bad thing in my opinion
Love H2 BR's pumped for this
Oh snap!!!
Wow!
Now you can die even quicker in the Halo 5 multiplayer!
Thanks to the halo 2 BR!
Good point!
10 matches, only 4 wins
Wow!
Thanks to the halo 2 BR!
Good point!
10 matches, only 4 wins
You have zero health in halo 5 mp
HYv47 wrote:
I am not a big fan of this playlist. Literally nothing has changed besides H2 BR starts. I think it's pointless.
BR starts is a pretty big change though
Wow!
Thanks to the halo 2 BR!
Good point!
10 matches, only 4 wins
You have zero health in halo 5 mp
Sounds like some players need some practice.
I just wish they removed the power weapons. Leave the vehicles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8