Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

H3 Throwback Playlist Returning 3/1

OP CoverMyMeds

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The H3 throwback playlist is returning next Thursday, 3/1!

To quote the tweet directly so you don't have to click:
Quote:
PSA: Next Thursday, 3/1, the Shotty Snipers playlist will be rotating out of Halo 5 to make way for the return of the Halo 3 Classic Throwback playlist (with more community made maps!). More details next week.
I for one am looking forward to it quite a bit :)

http://i.imgur.com/H76oKBs.gif

Anyone else?
H Y P E!

Looking forward to jumping back into it!
A shame that Shotty Snipers couldn't be around for any longer, but I guess it doesn't hurt to have some variety every now and then.
Oh H3 playlist is back!? I will be playing a lot more Halo 5!
Neat.

Might actually play a few matches of Halo 5 when it returns.
So what exactly does this change, from the baseline Halo 5 experience? Because from what I've heard, it's just Forge maps with Halo 5 movement mechanics
Delta5931 wrote:
So what exactly does this change, from the baseline Halo 5 experience? Because from what I've heard, it's just Forge maps with Halo 5 movement mechanics
Well you heard the part about Forge maps right. The gametype is meticulously tinkered with to best emulate H3 settings in H5. Jump height, movement speed, and the removal of Spartan abilities are a few things that are different in the playlist.

So it feels like you're playing H3 but with a hitscan BR. It's tops fun.
Delta5931 wrote:
Well you heard the part about Forge maps right. The gametype is meticulously tinkered with to best emulate H3 settings in H5. Jump height, movement speed, and the removal of Spartan abilities are a few things that are different in the playlist.

So it feels like you're playing H3 but with a hitscan BR. It's tops fun.
Huh.
I made a Halo 3 gamemode for Forge (several, actually), and I'm wondering what other changes have been made on the backstage for that fine Halo 3 experience, and if they plan on letting me replicate that via Forge settings.
Like the removal of AR headshots, which I can't remove in Forge, or the classic 32 round Assault Rifle, or no smart scope on anything but BRs and other precision weapons (bar pistol)
Yes! Looking forward to this! The maps are finely crafted, and Halo 5's weapons just feel so good on Halo 3's arenas.
Awesome. Can't wait for this!
Glad they are putting this back in, glad to hear they are listening to us.
Great news for me. Sadly I was unable to play it when it was up last September.
Been back into Halo 5 (and Halo altogether) since November.
WOW I thought they has pulled the original maps into H5 are they were really good and brought back great memories. Who needs a sniper rifle when you can 1 shot to the head with pistol all the way across the maps :-)
Nice. I hope they fixed the spawns on some of the maps.
OK, so I have to ask a few questions.

First off, I guess I missed the first throwback playlist... either that or I was still just disappointed enough with H5 to not want bothered playing again.

So for those who played before, is it really that much like H3? As in no sprint and aiming is, well, 'fixed'?

I mean it sounds like fun, but I seriously haven't touched this game since... well I can't even remember... the last time was well before WZFF released.

I guess what I'm trying to get sorted is whether or not it'd be worth me trying to get my "Halo legs" back? I'd like to log on and play again, for the first time in a long time, just to make a point to 343 but I doubt it'd accomplish that unless a lot of other people did the same. Not to mention that by the time I could start doing well enough to pull my own weight... if I could get to that point (cause I'm old lol), the event would probably be over.

So yeah. On the one hand I want to play, on the other hand I'm gonna suck lol. Although part of the fun is having decent people to play it with, that will help you get back into Halo. Then again, zero people on my FL play it anymore... and even if I did start playing again... well another part of the fun is knowing you can come back whenever you feel like it and play some more. But if it's just a throwback playlist, is it worth the bother?

So I guess I'm kind of torn. Part of me wants to play in hopes that 343 will see there's enough interest and do something more permanent about it in the future. The other part of me just laughs and says "Don't be stupid and realize when you're being thrown a bone."

Thoughts?
Hey look, I have a reason to play Halo 5 a lot more
Coooool! Other then Extermination, this is my favorite rotating playlist by far.
OK, so I have to ask a few questions.

First off, I guess I missed the first throwback playlist... either that or I was still just disappointed enough with H5 to not want bothered playing again.

So for those who played before, is it really that much like H3? As in no sprint and aiming is, well, 'fixed'?

I mean it sounds like fun, but I seriously haven't touched this game since... well I can't even remember... the last time was well before WZFF released.

I guess what I'm trying to get sorted is whether or not it'd be worth me trying to get my "Halo legs" back? I'd like to log on and play again, for the first time in a long time, just to make a point to 343 but I doubt it'd accomplish that unless a lot of other people did the same. Not to mention that by the time I could start doing well enough to pull my own weight... if I could get to that point (cause I'm old lol), the event would probably be over.

So yeah. On the one hand I want to play, on the other hand I'm gonna suck lol. Although part of the fun is having decent people to play it with, that will help you get back into Halo. Then again, zero people on my FL play it anymore... and even if I did start playing again... well another part of the fun is knowing you can come back whenever you feel like it and play some more. But if it's just a throwback playlist, is it worth the bother?

So I guess I'm kind of torn. Part of me wants to play in hopes that 343 will see there's enough interest and do something more permanent about it in the future. The other part of me just laughs and says "Don't be stupid and realize when you're being thrown a bone."

Thoughts?
Is it 100% same as Halo 3? No, nothing can be... But It honestly, played pretty dam good! No sprint or anything. At the very least, if your a fan of Halo 3, you own it to yourself to at least check this playlist.
Cant wait to try this
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3