Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

H5- Becoming a masterpeice

OP BLEEDBLUENYG13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have been on Halo 5 non-stop since release. There have been good times and bad times but overall I think Halo 5 is a great game. Is this games turning into a true classic? when this game dropped I was initially frustrated with the lack of content, but with every new update I feel like we are getting closer and closer to a masterpiece. People complain about 343i, I applaud them, You can see that they are trying there darndest to give us what we want. Talking to the players I've noticed a lot of players from other communities are switching to Halo and never turning back, quickly getting the "halo fever". With the addition of griffball and invasion I don't know what i'm going to do with my life! when the game released I gave it a 7, I give it a 10 now, will it go to 11? what do you guys think?
same. the constant free updates is good.
When it has all of the classic gametypes back along with a good amount of maps and playlists, then I think it will be an amazing game. The sad thing is, many people have given up on Halo 5 already because 343 has been pretty bad at communication IMO.
I came back to Halo after YEARS of COD and I'm beyond happy that I came back for this one. Nothing beats faster movement and free content updates.
When it has all of the classic gametypes back along with a good amount of maps and playlists, then I think it will be an amazing game. The sad thing is, many people have given up on Halo 5 already because 343 has been pretty bad at communication IMO.
It's up to the players who are still playing, instead of constantly complaining about whats wrong with the game, use the time to get more players to hop on the halo train.
I feel that when we have everything that they can give us in the updates, it'll be remembered as a halo game 343 did a good job with. Let's hope Halo 6 is gonna be good.
same. the constant free updates is good.
Yes they are! :) I don't mind buying a pack here and there to help support free DLC!
What do you mean by bringing back invasion?
I think he meant infection
Ah, thank you!
I love the relatively large monthly updates as well as the REQ system that allows them to add more things to the game.
Ah, thank you!
Are they bringing back infection? I don't think they are in this update
I have been on Halo 5 non-stop since release. There have been good times and bad times but overall I think Halo 5 is a great game. Is this games turning into a true classic? when this game dropped I was initially frustrated with the lack of content, but with every new update I feel like we are getting closer and closer to a masterpiece. People complain about 343i, I applaud them, You can see that they are trying there darndest to give us what we want. Talking to the players I've noticed a lot of players from other communities are switching to Halo and never turning back, quickly getting the "halo fever". With the addition of griffball and invasion I don't know what i'm going to do with my life! when the game released I gave it a 7, I give it a 10 now, will it go to 11? what do you guys think?
I agree. I was a hardcore H2 groupie until H5 came out. Now the older games feel slow. They are still fun. But H5 is awesome!!
Ah, thank you!
Are they bringing back infection? I don't think they are in this update
Yes, it has been announced for a future update. No timeline yet, but I would guess sometime in the Spring
I think Halo 5 is an amazing game. 343i has put a new twist on a great series. One in which I think will really promote longevity of the brand.
I agree. I can understand people being frustrated with the lack of game modes, but 343 got so much right, mechanics, weapon balancing and so on. Those are things that would have been harder to fix in monthly updates if they had messed them up, so I'm glad they got the base game as good as they did before launch.

On a side note, I do think the phrase "lack of content" is a bit misleading. There has always been lots of content, like the game has always had a greater number and variety of weapons than any other Halo game. It's really been the lack of game modes and maps that has rubbed some players the wrong way
I agree, this is a damn good game. I had no idea the multiplayer was going to be this much fun. These Arena maps, month long seasons, new abilities, Warzone madness, requisitions, etc... Good times, good times indeed.
It's up to the players who are still playing, instead of constantly complaining about whats wrong with the game, use the time to get more players to hop on the halo train.
Even after this month's update I doubt many people will come back.

Once all the content is back in the game I have no doubt it will be amazing, but it's too late to drag a significant amount of people back to it. The damage is done.
I don't know that I'd go so far as to call it a "masterpiece"... I look at a game like Ori and the Blind Forest for that kind of accolade (beautiful to look at, fun to play, memorable, a short but emotional story, and music that has inspired me to want to play the piano again). But it's certainly the best Halo title we've had in years... I haven't had this much fun since Halo 2 with a Halo game on Live, and that's saying something. Well done 343!
I think the complaints about the game have dwindled down to minor things that annoy a very small amount of people (ie: Crouching in strafe, AR is OP, Pistol is OP...basically nonsense) and the real majority of the community is finally realizing what a great game this is. I can't wait for this week's update, and the future ones to come. I already feel like this game is my favorite Halo to date and they're still adding things to make it better. The only thing I hope to see before June is the return of the pregame lobby, where you can see the ranks and names of players, and the postgame lobby (that you actually stay in instead of getting kicked out immediately) where you can see the medals everyone got and possibly party up if you want. Oh and an option to veto the first map like H3. Just some thoughts...otherwise it's an amazing game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2