Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

H5 Guardians: Next-Generation Matchmaking

OP NNMS MXMS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Give us servers or let us rent our own like in BF3. You want to run around with hose cannons on Sandtrap? Have at it. You want BRs on Lockout 24/7, there you go champ.

The only way to do things now.
Budo Dan76 wrote:
OK, and what about all non-US gamers, who sick to death of playing over and over on games hosted there??

Thankfully, 343 are going to let us choose the datacenter where we matchmake like titanfall. I would rather a little longer search time, and play a game where lag/latency is kept to a minimum.

Keeping people in large pools means a -Yoink- lagfest for every non-US player.
Large player pools does not make your issue worse. It makes it better.

Your issue is that there are not stringent enough regional matching requirements. The reason the regional matching requirements cannot be tightened is because the player pool is already fractured by the playlists, which limits the number available for matching in your region. If you make the pools less fragmented, there will be more from your region available to match, improving the odds that you will get a locally hosted game.

Splitting the population with playlists will always make regional matching harder - not easier.
Well, I've always supported this idea, so now that you propose it again, I say yes again :p. I only see advantages with this system, which inherently makes the matchmaking at least as good as the current system.
It would help people find games in general. But, it wouldn't fix the problem of low populations for specific game types, since you'll still have less people searching for them. And if you have a higher-population gametype and you have that in your pool as well, probability means you'll be getting more games in the higher-pop game type anyways.

So it helps you fill your session, but you risk losing variation in what you play.

Maybe be able to add a priority weight to each choice.
This needs to happen, people want quitting to stop, this is the answer to it.
It would help people find games in general. But, it wouldn't fix the problem of low populations for specific game types, since you'll still have less people searching for them. And if you have a higher-population gametype and you have that in your pool as well, probability means you'll be getting more games in the higher-pop game type anyways.

So it helps you fill your session, but you risk losing variation in what you play.

Maybe be able to add a priority weight to each choice.
Yes. Weightings would be a given. They would just move from determining the selections for the pre-game lobby vote to the matching process itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2