Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] H5 is going to lose all it's population.

OP That Coopee guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
Wonder how many months it'll take to get Team Snipers and BTB in?

Oh well, with each day that passes, my future craigslisted copy of this game gets a little cheaper. Just hope there will be others to play with when all the longtime favorite playlists actually make it into the game. The amount of content 343 launched with this game is shameful. People like myself will hop in once the traditionally better playlists arrive, but their absence only increases the odds that newcomers depart without looking back.

These type concepts are simply common sense, yet 343's consistently proven themselves incapable of grasping them whatsoever. Even if their studio housed all of the best game developers in the world, their games would suffer from the total incompetence of the those at the helm with regards to strategic/project planning and management. It was "too bad" with Halo 4 "better luck next time". It was (continues to be) infuriating with MCC, and it's just -Yoinking!- sad with Halo 5.
They won't lose me, title is inaccurate.
They'll release them in time, incentivizing players to stick around.
I agree. Everyone slammed Destiny for being barebones. This is 15 missions, no PvE, 5 modes, and warzone, which is 3 maps and awful.
And yet, destiny pulls in millions more than any other FPS.
It has a lot of content now.
Every Halo has launched with minimum playlists... are you new here?
Wonder how many months it'll take to get Team Snipers and BTB in?

Oh well, with each day that passes, my future craigslisted copy of this game gets a little cheaper. Just hope there will be others to play with when all the longtime favorite playlists actually make it into the game. The amount of content 343 launched with this game is shameful. People like myself will hop in once the traditionally better playlists arrive, but their absence only increases the odds that newcomers depart without looking back.

These type concepts are simply common sense, yet 343's consistently proven themselves incapable of grasping them whatsoever. Even if their studio housed all of the best game developers in the world, their games would suffer from the total incompetence of the those at the helm with regards to strategic/project planning and management. It was "too bad" with Halo 4 "better luck next time". It was (continues to be) infuriating with MCC, and it's just -Yoinking!- sad with Halo 5.
In perspective it took what? About 7 months for snipers in TMCC? I cant even remember but it was a long time after launch. Not sure how long it took in H4. There is really no way to guess when anything will come out for H5.
gethtones wrote:
The game's population will drop like H4's did.

Halo just isn't THE multiplayer FPS anymore. Also, let's face it... 343 made this game, what can you expect in terms of launch & playlist management/MP content?

As long as they're are enough people to find matches reliably, that's all that really matters.
H5 has strong enough gameplay to maintain steady popilation numbers.
Unless 343 does something NOW!

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Please don't speak for me. The game has been out for a few days....the world has not ended. I have plenty of things to enjoy while more content is added
New stuff is going to be added constantly on this game. The Halo playlist are always changing and updating. There will be more Warzone maps. There will be more maps overall and they'll all be free be patient, people.
Thats all well and good but the game needs some of that NOW.
It's bizarre that playlists supposedly being added later were not in the game at launch. All I want to play is a match of big team battle but that has to be added later...? After about 5 matches of warzone, I have to say it is not that great. It's wonderful dropping a boss down in health and right before I kill it an enemy player comes in, kills me, and then kills the boss for himself for a big boost in score. Really great. My friends and I quite playing last night and booted up battlefield, so I wouldn't be surprised if the player base does drop off again.
They need to add more playlists in, by this weekend not December. I don't mean to say that the multiplayer population will collapse otherwise just that it is an abomination to have so little game modes available at launch. I didn't really enjoy halo 4 but what kept me coming back that first month was the variety of playlists, oddball, ktoh, capture the flag, btb, slayer, regicide. Where halo 4 had poor gameplay but variety, halo 5 seems to have great gameplay but a lack of variety (my opinions). The core group of my friends looked at the launch playlists and decided they'll buy BO3 and get Halo 5 later.

The only explanation I can come up with for why there would be such a lack of playlists would be that they want people to try out warzone and that is pretty weak if you ask me.
H5 is starting off worse than Desitny.

In the first week of destiny the only complaint was probably the loot rolls.

But for H5 we are lacking severley in multiplayer diversity which hurts the game because everyone is here for the multiplayer.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
And what about those who have already left because the lack of content bored them?
Sythik wrote:
Every Halo has launched with minimum playlists... are you new here?
None have ever launhed with this few.
Don't listen to the people talking about BTB coming in December. FORGE IS COMING IN DECEMBER. BTB is a couple weeks from now. I've noticed a lot more illiterate people than usual lately.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
That either starts day one, or it becomes an inevitably failed effort not too long after day one. You are reaching the most possible potential future, longterm customers/fans/players day one. Day one is when you have everybody's attention. That's when all the money MS dished out for marketing campaigns like "Hunt the Truth" and "The Sprint" can be capitalized on.

First impressions are everything when you're auditioning your new blockbuster game to the masses. Offering them a Sam's Club sampler portion of content isn't incentivizing them to stick around...it's shooting yourself in both kneecaps and at least one foot.

If you can't launch with all your historically most popular playlists, then you're not ready to launch. It doesn't just suck for us as Halo fans, it's significant opportunity/money/profit lost for M$...and it's hard to believe the company with the "$" in the name doesn't know and understand this. It's borderline suspicious...unless research shows more Halo Wars 2 games will sell if Halo 5 doesn't come out swinging full-force.
I love halo 5 and think the game is great but I got to admit I wish it launched with more. Yes I know their going to add more in later and I love that I just think it could use something more at launch like firefight
Don't listen to the people talking about BTB coming in December. FORGE IS COMING IN DECEMBER. BTB is a couple weeks from now. I've noticed a lot more illiterate people than usual lately.
People just don't believe 343 anymore.

The word "soon" has become a running joke with them.
I feel like the population of Halo is actually growing with Halo 5. More game types will be added when more maps and forge are added.
This is just sad. They ask for player feedback for launch playlists, design the launch playlists specifically based on that feedback (they've said as much), and then people still complain that they're incompetent, ruining Halo, the game is going to die immediately because X reason, they aren't listening to fans, etc. Have I missed any of the standards? Seriously, people, it hasn't even been out for a week. CALM DOWN.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10