Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] H5 is going to lose all it's population.

OP That Coopee guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
I feel like the population of Halo is actually growing with Halo 5. More game types will be added when more maps and forge are added.
That may be too late.
I think they're gonna be adding some stuff in the next couple weeks and after that they'll keep up the tradition of their older Halo games by updating playlists weekly. Just be patient.
I agree they need to do it now, there is not enough to keep people around and they need social playlists badly, I have friends that are getting back into Halo and the last thing they want to do is play diamond 2 ranked players after not playing Halo for a long time and the only option for a social game is warzone.
New stuff is going to be added constantly on this game. The Halo playlist are always changing and updating. There will be more Warzone maps. There will be more maps overall and they'll all be free be patient, people.
Thats all well and good but the game needs some of that NOW.
Have a beer and take a nap. You need to chill out. It hasn't even been out 3 full days.
I will be sticking around in Halo 5 for a very long time.
Have you not bothered to look up the fact that they will be adding more game modes?
BTB is coming in December. And this game is hardly lacking.

Besides..Every game dies.
After what you said.. nothing else is needed. Thank you
Have you not bothered to look up the fact that they will be adding more game modes?
BTB is coming in December. And this game is hardly lacking.

Besides..Every game dies.
Forge is coming in December not btb. Btb should be coming real soon, they have a weekend social playlist thing coming d I don't know if it starts this week or next probably next. But what it will be is they'll let people pick from three modes, the one that gets the most picks becomes that weekends playlist. Friday, Saturday, and sunday. The most popular modes will then have a very high chance of becoming permanent. I think they're doing it this way to test the demand for some modes. There will be old modes and completely new modes that will show up in the weekend social
That will be cool when we get the new content. Until then, I have been enjoying the multiplayer. Arena is great and Warzone is a blast!
New stuff is going to be added constantly on this game. The Halo playlist are always changing and updating. There will be more Warzone maps. There will be more maps overall and they'll all be free be patient, people.
Thats all well and good but the game needs some of that NOW.
Have a beer and take a nap. You need to chill out. It hasn't even been out 3 full days.
And in 4 days judgement day arrives in the form of blops 3. Blops 2 crushed h4 and I dont want it to happen again.
Guess I'll be winning every game then.
This is just sad. They ask for player feedback for launch playlists, design the launch playlists specifically based on that feedback (they've said as much), and then people still complain that they're incompetent, ruining Halo, the game is going to die immediately because X reason, they aren't listening to fans, etc. Have I missed any of the standards? Seriously, people, it hasn't even been out for a week. CALM DOWN.
Where exactly did 343 ask fans for feedback on launch playlists? All I know is I didn't participate in that thread and I don't approve of the lack of game types.
..... Dude...... they are adding it later
Dude adding things later doesn't work, look at titanfall, MCC, Halo 4. You need to add them before everyone gets bored and moves on, most of us here on waypoint will still be playing when it happens but a lot of people won't be.
I'll be sticking around no doubt. The game is a breath of fresh air. As a gamer dad I've played through more games than I care to remember and as the years go by my experiences with new titles are getting somewhat stale. I started playing Destiny last March and absolutely love it and will continue to do so. Halo 5 however has given me that PVP multiplayer experience I've been lacking since the original Modern Warfare, maybe even as far back as CS1.6. Countless PS4 owners, friends and posters from various forums (the mature ones who tend to interact appropriately on the internet), are watching with envy. It's a fantastic game.
This is just sad. They ask for player feedback for launch playlists, design the launch playlists specifically based on that feedback (they've said as much), and then people still complain that they're incompetent, ruining Halo, the game is going to die immediately because X reason, they aren't listening to fans, etc. Have I missed any of the standards? Seriously, people, it hasn't even been out for a week. CALM DOWN.
Are you suggesting that any significant percentage of that feedback they received suggested/requested 1 social playlist and 4 ranked playlists? Do you really think the feedback from the general Halo fanbase asked for a "Team Arena" and "Team Slayer" when both are ranked in the same Arena section, one just having slayer and a few objective games mixed in?

If the anti-sprint crowd only makes up for 11% of the general Halo fanbase, that same fanbase didn't submit feedback describing what you see in Halo 5 right now. The casual crowd wants their Infection, Griffball, Multi-Team, etc. while the competitive wants SWAT (they got that one! way to go 343!), Snipers, and Doubles. They both want BTB and a dedicated objective playlist (ranked or otherwise).

343 wanted to make Breakout and Warzone. Guess what 343 delivered? Breakout and Warzone. Are either of these bad? No. They'd be GREAT if they launched alongside the fan-favorites.
All these threads of people throwing their toys out the pram ...

Feedback is great but most of these threads are just people overreacting to things they should've known was gonna happen.
So much people here are freakin' spoiled. Some Halo fans you are. The story was awesome. Most fun I had in a first person shooter in years, such original single player gameplay! Plus the REQ packs keep me comin' back for more. Barebones, Destiny, lacking, games these days.... No, "gamers" these days. Geez....
T BO 13 wrote:
I agree they need to do it now, there is not enough to keep people around and they need social playlists badly, I have friends that are getting back into Halo and the last thing they want to do is play diamond 2 ranked players after not playing Halo for a long time and the only option for a social game is warzone.
Ya the lack of social playlists is a huge issue. I had multiple 50s in h3 and even I get bored of playing only ranked. I cant imagine how frustrating it is for primarily social players.
Man you guys are something else. This game has been out for THREE days. It hasn't even gone into its first weekend. The population will eventually die off, but I think if they keep adding playlists and the free DLC we are going to get that the population will stay strong.

But seriously, you are worrying about the population 3 days into this games lifespan. Why don't you give it a few months. Not everyone buys these games on release. There will most likely actually be a surge in population after the holidays.
I agree. When the game first dropped I wanted to believe we'd have a stable populaton or an increasing one. Now that I'm on Day 3 and pretty much sick of playing the same stuff over and over, I can see this game losing its population fairly quickly

The casuals will move to Battlefront and Black Ops 3, especially because they might even find the multiplayer to be easier in those games. Then we'll just have passionate Halo fans anxiously awaiting maps and Forge...None of which are coming before December

& I know November is around the corner, but that month wait should put a huge dent in the population given the games that are coming out between now and then.
Unless 343 does something NOW!

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
They will in roughly a month with Btb, forge.
I agree. Everyone slammed Destiny for being barebones. This is 15 missions, no PvE, 5 modes, and warzone, which is 3 maps and awful.
Exactly.

H5 reminds me a lot of destiny at launch. The problem is that H5 isn't competing against a blank slate of launch games like Destiny was. There is serious competition coming.
I don't see how they're the same. Halo has a FULL Solo Campaign that is 8-10 hours long and did not necessitate the player jumping through hoops before being able to play the multiplayer PvP component of the game.

Destiny was a -Yoink- show. Halo has great gameplay and gunplay that will stand the test of time. Destiny had great gunplay but everything else was -Yoink-.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10