Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] H5 is going to lose all it's population.

OP That Coopee guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
Unless 343 does something NOW!

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
They need to add more and better multiplayer maps, cause these maps are BORING!
ronnie42 wrote:

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
They will in roughly a month with Btb, forge.
Thats too far. The game won't make it through november with a steady population.
Acalan4 wrote:
Man you guys are something else. This game has been out for THREE days. It hasn't even gone into its first weekend. The population will eventually die off, but I think if they keep adding playlists and the free DLC we are going to get that the population will stay strong.

But seriously, you are worrying about the population 3 days into this games lifespan. Why don't you give it a few months. Not everyone buys these games on release. There will most likely actually be a surge in population after the holidays.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that there's no population counters displayed anywhere within Halo 5... Assuming that's correct, then look no further than the developers of this game if you want to find the people whom were first worrying about the population.

Halo was never shy about it's population until it wasn't worth writing home about. I find it very sad that 343 didn't have confidence enough to include a pop counter; it's absence is rather telling.
I agree. Everyone slammed Destiny for being barebones. This is 15 missions, no PvE, 5 modes, and warzone, which is 3 maps and awful.
Exactly.

H5 reminds me a lot of destiny at launch. The problem is that H5 isn't competing against a blank slate of launch games like Destiny was. There is serious competition coming.
I don't see how they're the same. Halo has a FULL Solo Campaign that is 8-10 hours long and did not necessitate the player jumping through hoops before being able to play the multiplayer PvP component of the game.

Destiny was a -Yoink- show. Halo has great gameplay and gunplay that will stand the test of time. Destiny had great gunplay but everything else was -Yoink-.
Both felt barren at launch.
So much people here are freakin' spoiled. Some Halo fans you are. The story was awesome. Most fun I had in a first person shooter in years, such original single player gameplay! Plus the REQ packs keep me comin' back for more. Barebones, Destiny, lacking, games these days.... No, "gamers" these days. Geez....
Opinion: The story was not awesome... not even close. Worst campaign in the halo series by far.

This thread is about multiplayer though. Which I think will endure for longer than halo 4

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Also those things you just said to add, Blops3 has none of them except zombies. Fallout 4 is an rpg....look, coming from someone who has played all the installments in both of these mentioned series except for COD AW, let me tell you H5 has nothing to worry about at all, the gameplay is phenomenal. Also they're adding all those things you mentioned, it's just that competitive multiplayer, or "barebones" as you have called it is, simply put, more important. Also social slayer is pretty much warzone. Gotta agree with you on the doubles, always a fun one. I'm down for BTB is december as well, this game isn't going anywhere, lol. Best Halo since Halo 2, nuff' said.

H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.
Well as far as competitive multiplayer goes it's leaps and bounds above them.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
I totally agree with you. halo 5 is not a complete game.
Yeah you have a point. It needs more game modes

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
SMH. You're an idiot.
I agree. Everyone slammed Destiny for being barebones. This is 15 missions, no PvE, 5 modes, and warzone, which is 3 maps and awful.
So are you.
Ok. Just going to report and move on.
Report? xD Please go back to CoD. We don't need people like you here.
I love halo 5 is new, the history is better than reach I think so
The games just out.... and you're wrong.

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Also those things you just said to add, Blops3 has none of them except zombies. Fallout 4 is an rpg....
Exactly! Wait so...you do...or you don't see the massive opportunity that's being wasted here?

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Also social slayer is pretty much warzone.
Lol

How do you figure?
I convinced my friends to buy H5.

They played campaign and multiplayer for a little bit.
Hated what 343 did to H5 they said and played Destiny.
As a player whole usually skips most if not all of the MP I am really, really missing Halo Ops right now. So sad they did not continue on with it. One could say Halo 5 campaign is one big Halo Op, but from what I've heard this game campaign is shorter than Halo 4. So, with no Ops I'm really bummed. I think I played the Ops in Halo 4 more than anything else.

With that said, Warzone is really fun.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Forge and BtB comes out in December. When that happens, CoD is dead in the water, and Fallout 4 is an RPG, meaning it's not a direct competitor to Halo 5. Even so, it's a singleplayer game and will run dry eventually.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
I stopped taking you serious when you mentioned COD, but I'll enlighten you. This is yor opinion, honestly, and I will give mine. To me, the game is lacking content at the moment, but it's FUN content. It beats the hell out of Halo 4. And no, the population is not going to dwindle, this game is designed better than Destiny (curse me for speaking of it.)
I agree there isn't much besides warzone and the few arena game types but I think with the big forge update they'll be adding more game types and maybe some more forge made maps like Pegasus.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
I feel if they add all those gametypes, the population will suffer more. I do miss grifball and infection though.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
According to your profile, you've never even played H5. How can you complain?
What is the response from OP on this?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10