Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] H5 is going to lose all it's population.

OP That Coopee guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10
You haven't played H5 or any Halo game yet, at least on this account......
Ok?
What are you talking about?
I think that the bottom line is that this game is only a couple of days old. We are spoiled for sooo much at the beginning/launch of these games anymore. Do you remember how limited Halo 2's multiplayer actually was when it launched? It took quite a while to build the massive playlist and game types into the game. Give it some time, a month or two.

Also, you don't have to buy every new game that comes out. This arguement that "this game will die when such-and-such come out" kind of bothers me. It seems like we are constantly waitin for the next big thing or comparing it with what will possibly come out instead of enjoying what we currently have in our hands.
Ok?
The only way you can counter these arguments is with these pathetic comebacks rather than adressing the actual question. Aren't you an eloquent individual?
Have you not bothered to look up the fact that they will be adding more game modes?
BTB is coming in December. And this game is hardly lacking.

That is not written in stone AT ALL. I would NOT count on BTB coming in December. It could very easily be bumped to early 2016 especially since the holidays are quickly approaching. TMCC was also supposed to launch with fully working dedicated servers. It is a year later and that is still not happening. So don't count on December.
The mcc was done by subcontractors not 343. Don't get me wrong 343 is the name on the label but they didn't do most of the work on it
While i agree with what you just said you still need to remember the game just came out 2 days ago and most of it is still new and fresh. But you need to remember its up to us to give feedback to 343 and make the game better.
All I can do is campaign I don't have internet thought I would at least be able to do a little bit more than just campaign come on 343 think about the other people not just the online guys.
This has nothing to do with it but I need players for a fire team as the game is team ranked so how well my team does is how I rank up leagues my gamer tag is super simonxyz add me if u want to make a fire team
KIRSCHEx wrote:
Unless 343 does something NOW!

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
According to your profile, you've never even played H5. How can you complain?
What is the response from OP on this?
How is that relevant?

I dont have to sign up on a website on the same email I use to play on xbl.
I seriously think you are a troll just trying to get a reaction out of people.
Urloch wrote:
Ok?
The only way you can counter these arguments is with these pathetic comebacks rather than adressing the actual question. Aren't you an eloquent individual?
I dont see what my service record has to do with this topic.
Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Forge and BtB comes out in December. When that happens, CoD is dead in the water, and Fallout 4 is an RPG, meaning it's not a direct competitor to Halo 5. Even so, it's a singleplayer game and will run dry eventually.
What you fail to understand is that the avg person who buys any Halo...any video game...will either be hooked or done with it by the time Fallout and CoD's launch dates arrive. You are looking at this from an established Halo fan's perspective...and only that perspective. Yes, there will be enough people to find matches just fine. What is upsetting to some of us is that 343 forfeits the opportunity to win/earn new loyal fans like yourself who WILL stick around no matter what next time around. Some of us have watched this franchise lose a lot of consistently active players, and while not all have left because of "modern mechanics"/disappointments/frustrations/etc...a lot have.

People can't get enough of sprint, and defend it because apparently these new games must attract a new generation of gamers...yet those same people will now turn around and become defensive when some point out that launching with such obvious lack of content is a major missed opportunity to replace some of the community that has been lost. Are you on a blind fanboy ride, because nobody here is hoping for Halo 5 to fail, crash, and burn. Just the opposite actually.

If you enjoy what you have right now...GREAT! That doesn't change the fact that 343's blowing an awesome opportunity to reel in newcomers...who again...supposedly would only come try Halo if they put "modern mechanics" in the game. Everyone was so pro-modernization strictly so Halo's population/fanbase could have a chance to thrive and grow. Well, the mechanics are modernized, but half the content is missing. Gee, sounds like a missed opportunity to me, but you know...let's just blindly defend a company name. Let's now call people entitled whiners for pointing out that the modernization we all lobbied and defended to no end is largely going to waste in terms of the game's longterm success...
I am taking the wait and see approach, I will play it for now in between playing destiny and if it grows into something great ...well then awesome, if not there is always something else to play and I will trade it in, I think its a bit early to judge yet??
You don't deserve quality! You don't deserve what you pay for! So what if it has fundamentally less content! E-E-Entitlement! You're just entitled!
Somebody! Pass me my fedora! ASAP! I must tip as I wage war on the internet for this thoroughly enjoyable (yet underwheeeelming) experience!
M-M-M-M-M'Lady!
every time
Though the frustration of lag has given me an unpleasant start to the multiplayer, I think that a better reward system should be implemented. Multiplayer, as it stands to date, is more of a grind than an experience. Doing the same thing over and over for a little bit of req points to buy a randomized card pack is frustrating enough. My recommendation......

Rank in Playlist = Higher or Lower RP Reward
I think that the bottom line is that this game is only a couple of days old. We are spoiled for sooo much at the beginning/launch of these games anymore. Do you remember how limited Halo 2's multiplayer actually was when it launched? It took quite a while to build the massive playlist and game types into the game. Give it some time, a month or two.
Also, you don't have to buy every new game that comes out. This arguement that "this game will die when such-and-such come out" kind of bothers me. It seems like we are constantly waitin for the next big thing or comparing it with what will possibly come out instead of enjoying what we currently have in our hands.
Well said I agree 1000%
KIRSCHEx wrote:

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
According to your profile, you've never even played H5. How can you complain?
What is the response from OP on this?
How is that relevant?

I dont have to sign up on a website on the same email I use to play on xbl.
I seriously think you are a troll just trying to get a reaction out of people.
Plenty of people think this game is lacking content. How does that make them a troll?

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
Breathe its been out 2 days....... just breathe.
I love Halo and I'm thoroughly enjoying Halo 5. However, I do somewhat agree with the opinions that the game is barebones.

Yes they will be adding more game types but was it really that difficult to package them with the launch? BTB is literally warzones without all the bells and whistles. And having no social playlists is just lazy. Less work to make a social playlist that a ranked one.

I don't believe that the population will die off quickly but with the lack of splitscreen multiplayer, heavy competition incoming in the next few weeks, and staggered updates I can easily see a good portion of players moving on.

Yes some will come back, yes not all will trade it in, and yes there are those who will play the new games and Halo 5. But the population will take a dip. Anyone who denies that unequivocally just doesn't understand that everyone has different attention spans/interest/standards for games.
Though the frustration of lag has given me an unpleasant start to the multiplayer, I think that a better reward system should be implemented. Multiplayer, as it stands to date, is more of a grind than an experience. Doing the same thing over and over for a little bit of req points to buy a randomized card pack is frustrating enough. My recommendation......

Rank in Playlist = Higher or Lower RP Reward
This is a cool idea but I'm not sure how exactly that would be implemented
I think they need to add more modes but I think people will play this longer than people have played games like titanfall which has gone of the radar.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10