Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] H5 is going to lose all it's population.

OP That Coopee guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
Erik L wrote:
..... Dude...... they are adding it later
That's funny... because the game was released a couple of days ago.
This "we'll add later" crap from 343 is getting old.
And this is the EXACT same reason why H4's MP died. It was always, "these kind of maps are coming soon", to then, "don't worry, these playlists will be coming soon". "Hey, don't worry, the MCC will be fixed soon", lol. Truth of the matter is, H4's MP wasn't well received, the MCC was one of the biggest disasters in videogame history, and then H5 releases with barebones playlists, gametypes, player options, no split screen, etc etc. It's not looking good from its previous histories and what we have in front of us TODAY.

The MP for H5 is so barebones, that I think this is actually going to die off quicker than H4, and H4 died within its first 3 months. With BO3 coming out next week, these barebones playlists don't stand a chance to other MP experiences that offer so much more fuller and robust MP experiences. It's all lined up to fail, and from what we have in front of us today, it looks like it will.
adhocRONIN wrote:
They have confirmed that they are continually adding new maps and game modes for multiple years. Play what is there now, then as they continually add new things to play it will keep people coming back... or that is the plan at least.
Yea that is their goal at least. I personally am happy with everything at launch. With large parties you can jump into warzone. While small comptitive groups have arena
Erik L wrote:
How do you know that 343 they won't add more, can you tell the future? 0_____0

Yea I don't think so, you don't know of they won't add it. Stop acting like you can predict the future.
I love Warzone, I do say they need to add big team social, infection, and obviously forge ( iknow it's coming in december)
They should add a grab bag gamemode like in Halo Reach once they add Forge. Loved that thing to death.

Either ways, there are people who will play Halo, simply because it IS Halo. All though most of us jumped ship a little off of Halo 4's launch (the game which no one liked) there was steady enough a population to continuously find games until today's release. Not even joking, I'd hop in every once in a while to see what it's like.

Halo 5, a game whose multiplayer people are currently loving isn't going to be going anywhere even with the heavy competition. Sure, a large chunk will go off to play those other games but there'll still be a steady enough population here. Blops might not take away too much people, but FO4 might. Either ways, you can count on finding matches.
Unless 343 does something NOW!

This game is so barebones. Unless you really enjoy Warzone and Breakout/SWAT(I don't) there just isn't much to play. 343 can't wait to add in more gametypes and playlists. In a week's time Blops3 and Fallout 4 launch. H5, as it is right now, cannot compete with those games. The gameplay is good(great even) but the game gives so little reason to play and come back.

Add Social slayer
Add Social Multi Team
Add Infection
Add ranked snipers
Add BTB
Add ranked Doubles

Add....something!
This isnt halo 3 .. the majority of players played the playlists there are now. The only thing i wud add is unranked slayer teamslayer but im with you on team doubles i would definetly add team dubs
You have to be joking right? You don't like Warzone? The greatest game type I've ever played on Halo? Just WOW, no one can help you.

Arena is also Amazing and balanced. I don't think the population will ever leave this game to be honest.
TRAVES7Y wrote:
Erik L wrote:
And this is the EXACT same reason why H4's MP died. It was always, "these kind of maps are coming soon", to then, "don't worry, these playlists will be coming soon". "Hey, don't worry, the MCC will be fixed soon", lol. Truth of the matter is, H4's MP wasn't well received, the MCC was one of the biggest disasters in videogame history, and then H5 releases with barebones playlists, gametypes, player options, no split screen, etc etc. It's not looking good from its previous histories and what we have in front of us TODAY.

The MP for H5 is so barebones, that I think this is actually going to die off quicker than H4, and H4 died within its first 3 months. With BO3 coming out next week, these barebones playlists don't stand a chance to other MP experiences that offer so much more fuller and robust MP experiences. It's all lined up to fail, and from what we have in front of us today, it looks like it will.
Then if you really want to go try play cod have at it. No one in these forums will stop you.
Sorry but ill probably play both games, (fallout and halo). One is to satisfy my competitive spirit, the other is to enjoy the ability to create and improvise.

Halo 5 is a monumental success in regards to what we as many fans of Halo wanted from the engine, sliding, thrusting out of the way to safety, people cant sprint and recharge shields, so so so so so so many walls you can scale and climb up to get the element of surprise on players, pistols and br gameplay is precise and concise to your ability to headshot...

we paid the typical 60 bucks for a game and with the way developers are releasing games now days, you are lucky if you get 20 gigs of content to download and play initially. With Halo 5, they have kept their edge by giving us over 58 gigs.

Too many are happy with this new Halo engine to take your opinion seriously, sorry. Now go enjoy those games because plenty of us will enjoy this one, as well as those that are on their way.

PS: Forge mode will revolutionize the effect of fans, competition and the developer.
They will be adding all of the this content at a later date which is something to look forward to.
Dude this game is great just wait a little bit and they'll add more.
Yeah I wouldn't be worried they will start adding games modes soon, plus all halos started with a set of modes and then in the future they added more so I don't think it will die soon.
Halo 5 is a great game and they will be adding a lot to it over time. I'm patient :)
Don't listen to the people talking about BTB coming in December. FORGE IS COMING IN DECEMBER. BTB is a couple weeks from now. I've noticed a lot more illiterate people than usual lately.
This.

You like BTB? You're getting it. Stick around, spartan.
Urloch wrote:
ChivasUK wrote:
Hey that coopee guy, you have no chill :D
Hey that ChivasUK guy, we all have no playlists :\
Your account hasn't played Halo 5 yet so I guess you aren't suffering from that too badly?
I'd love to have a reason to go get the latest Halo game. The fact that Halo doesn't have but two of the all-time most popular Halo playlists is shocking...but the reality we live in. I'm hoping to hear Snipers, Doubles, and BTB are added soon. I also hope the game hasn't experienced any sort of Halo 4-type population crash by then.

You own the game today, but neither of us can play any of the traditionally most popular playlists. I think you, my account, and I all share a much more similar position here than you care to recognize right now.
I'd love to see Firefight or something like Spartan Ops in the Game. While "just" PvE-Content I can't count the number of hours I sank into those with my mates.
Halo 5 has its downs, but I believe that it has its own twist that will keep players playing so I would have to disagree my good sir.
wow I dint understand why so many people give hate to this games its really good
I agree. Everyone slammed Destiny for being barebones. This is 15 missions, no PvE, 5 modes, and warzone, which is 3 maps and awful.
Exactly.

H5 reminds me a lot of destiny at launch. The problem is that H5 isn't competing against a blank slate of launch games like Destiny was. There is serious competition coming.
Destiny at launch had one mission:

Go to the thing, fight the things, protect the dinklebot while he searched for the things, go back to space when dinklebot says "thanks". You literally do that 22 times while you had some stalker robot chick spying on you.

...at least in Halo 5 you ARE the stalker robot chick...jeez

I also feel like the entire campaign is PvE but more investigation is needed before I can confirm that.
I can't speak for the others, but i am not going anywhere
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10