Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

H5 isn't even fun anymore...

OP BT 350Destroyer

...now that people are on the new Xbox Series X. They're moving twice as fast, and completely untouchable. I keep quitting out when I get matched up against people like this, because it's just no fun anymore when it's so lopsided. Before all this, I made Onyx. Now, I can't even get past Diamond 2. In fact, I'm down to Platinum 5 now. It's b.s. They should have their own gaming servers.

I recorded a video clip of me throwing a plasma grenade on an enemy. It hit him in the back and it just slid off. He ended up killing me because he jumped behind a wall. Just when I was chasing him, his teammate split my reticle and I couldn't shoot him. I got doubleteamed with my original target killing me. It's such b.s. How does my plasma nade just slide off his -Yoinking!- back????
You had a hard time getting past diamond 2 before the Series X. The time you made it to onyx was a anomaly. You wont make onyx again if you're quitting often. Instead asking why did plasma grenade fall off. Maybe y
ou should ask yourself, should have i chased him ?
The part that stands out to me is that you chased the enemy and then got double-teamed. That has nothing to do with the Series X. That'll end poorly for you in most cases anyway. And the plasma nade issue seems more like lag than anything else. Either your connection was slow or theirs was. It doesn't have to do with the hardware. Someone having a Series X won't suddenly make plasma nades not stick to them. They may have a better framerate so their game is smoother, but that's about it.
...now that people are on the new Xbox Series X. They're moving twice as fast, and completely untouchable. I keep quitting out when I get matched up against people like this, because it's just no fun anymore when it's so lopsided. Before all this, I made Onyx. Now, I can't even get past Diamond 2. In fact, I'm down to Platinum 5 now. It's b.s. They should have their own gaming servers.

I recorded a video clip of me throwing a plasma grenade on an enemy. It hit him in the back and it just slid off. He ended up killing me because he jumped behind a wall. Just when I was chasing him, his teammate split my reticle and I couldn't shoot him. I got doubleteamed with my original target killing me. It's such b.s. How does my plasma nade just slide off his -Yoinking!- back????
The plasma grenade bouncing off your opponent is a glitch, and it's been in the game for over 5 years. 343 industries has yet to fix it.

As for getting teamed, Halo 5 is not an individually skill-based game. It is a team-based game. Team shotting, hiding behind teammates, running away, and baiting and switching with teammates is the meta.
I've never found fun in ranked matches, the competitive environment only attracts toxic people, out of that, there is always the game excusing himself saying "Check your network connection" for problems like that
After getting to rank 147, I just cannot find this game a lot of fun anymore. Doing co-op campaign sessions is just too stressful (I enforce a strict "NO TEAMKILLING OR SPEEDRUNNING" policy along with the requirement that Fred be my character and yet the people I end up playing with frustrate me anyways), social arena games are now just RNG-based, I have no motivation to play Warzone modes anymore, and please do NOT even get me started on ranked arena!
I don’t think Series X has anything to do with what you’re saying. From a techno standpoint they wouldn’t be moving twice as fast...that’s just not how it works.

Halo 5 can be a buggy game from time to time. The playerbase who stills plays regularly are pretty skilled. You will get team shot and will get matched against high level players if you’re in that bracket. That just the reality of the game nowadays.

I've experienced situations where I've stuck someone on the rig in slayer and the nade exploded doing 0 damage and the dude ends up killing me. I've experienced blank shots, blank melee, my shots not even making sounds, etc.

Do people on the new console have a slight advantage? Well let's see. Casual players that play this game have made threads saying it fixes heavy aim. Professional players like snakebite have made YouTube videos saying it fixes heavy aim. (Even before we knew this, his team mate lethul did NOT join his team in all of the recent tournaments BECAUSE it was on console, not PC, and the game HAS heavy aim problems...YouTube streamers like reclaimer have made videos saying the same thing about the new console. Is it all just in their heads? No....these guys play the game every single day... I think at this point one can see it no longer as an opinion. They won't experience heavy aim like others do..which can be at multiple levels. They'll feel really bad lag in matches that are full of lag still...but those will feel as how it feels in other games where players teleporting around, but at least your reticle sensitivity isn't going haywire admist all the chaos.

What you're describing is not due to them playing on the newer console though. You had lag in the match on top of unfortunately choosing to chase a kill. Reticle splitting really sucks when you know you would have gotten the kill for sure.

The new console won't magically make players move faster or become invincible. There's much more to being at that higher level than just good accuracy. Does it help? I'm sure it does...heavy aim is super annoying...I wish I had a fix for that damn crap...but lots of players without the new console still play at the high level. Not every single match has heavy aim.

I love playing h5. For me, those lag problems suck, but at the top of the list I just hate how rank progress works in the game, and how bad matchmaking is. If you've got some homies to play with tho, sure it sucks losing the onyx rank. I've felt it lol. But with the homies it doesn't matter. Play for fun. The rank progress bar....I mean if it doesn't budge in a game where I beat 3 onyx players because they had a cheap sauce silver account on their team...but next match they win by a small margin and I go down an entire rank bar...I mean...what can you do....its not that serious. I'm not gonna tell a friend to make an alt acct and rank bronze or silver just to have a easy cheap way to a higher rank tier. Manipulating the system in that form will unfortunately always exist.

So get some friends and just play cause you love halo man. We can't always have that perfect game let alone perform at our best each match.
Can you guys link some of the videos referenced on pros opinions? The game is still at 60 fps on new gen... the XB1X 4K version of the game on the XSX but same framerate locked to 60.. shouldn't it be the same as on a XB1X? Interested on the heavy aim comments.
Moving twice as fast on the series x? You're actually claiming the game mechanics change between consoles lmao. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
So I hit YouTube after reading this. Frosty did say even the menus felt snappier. Said input lag and heavy aim seemed reduced. Found 2 more similar vids.

Pretty interesting. It's not SS/SX optimized (XB1X version) but seems some brute force compute upgrades are helping.
Xbox series x doesn't seem to help or hurt, i got ranked platinum on series x and diamond on one.
Sounds like operator error on your part. Play smart and use teamwork
xJAGOx wrote:
Can you guys link some of the videos referenced on pros opinions? The game is still at 60 fps on new gen... the XB1X 4K version of the game on the XSX but same framerate locked to 60.. shouldn't it be the same as on a XB1X? Interested on the heavy aim comments.
Look up snakebites videos and reclaimer. I'm sure there's more. There were also threads here about it. There's an advantage with not having heavy aim plaguing your matches now and then. You won't gain any insane advantage like moving faster or anything. It's mainly the heavy aim that changes. So it does help in that aspect, but you also have to consider that not every single match has heavy aim in it. It just randomly happens, and when it does it really affects your game sometimes. All the people who still grind the game know this...and anyone of those heavy grinders who ended up getting the new console felt the difference.
K1E5T3R 72 wrote:
You had a hard time getting past diamond 2 before the Series X. The time you made it to onyx was a anomaly. You wont make onyx again if you're quitting often. Instead asking why did plasma grenade fall off. Maybe y
ou should ask yourself, should have i chased him ?
I didn't chase him. I went to where he was camping and I threw the stickynade on his back as he was crouched. It slid right off.
DoubleSama wrote:
The part that stands out to me is that you chased the enemy and then got double-teamed. That has nothing to do with the Series X. That'll end poorly for you in most cases anyway. And the plasma nade issue seems more like lag than anything else. Either your connection was slow or theirs was. It doesn't have to do with the hardware. Someone having a Series X won't suddenly make plasma nades not stick to them. They may have a better framerate so their game is smoother, but that's about it.
I got double-teamed after the nade slipped off. Go watch the video clip I uploaded.

Maaaan I know what you mean! I got the series X for Christmas and now I'm moving like 50X as fast around the map stomping your xbox one -Yoink-. Did I mention grenades don't even hit me!
That grenade was a medium long throw at an odd angle. Sometimes nade throws like that can not only be misleading, but also sometimes do not register correctly. i haven’t noticed any change, though i don’t play much anymore.
While I'll now agree it probably alleviates some CPU issues tied to some H5 chugging and/or heavy aim... I don't directly see the correlation between that a weird nade glitch. I've seen some weird stuff happen over 19 years of Halo LAN & MM lol.