Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

H5Beta VS H3Beta, Halo Fans don't want to play H5.

OP CHX H8 ME

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
http://imgur.com/gallery/Iwt3GsD

343 is currently high five'n and doing their victory bro dance after their H5 Beta statistics came out. But if you look closely at the data you'll notice an alarming issue that Halo Fans don't want to play Halo 5 for an extended period of time. We will experience a Massive Online Population drop like we did with Halo 4 when Halo 5 releases if they don't make drastic gameplay changes.

To play the Halo 5 Beta you MUST have purchased Halo MCC which means you are in fact a fan of Halo. The perfect demograph for 343 to play Halo is Halo fans.
To play the Halo 3 Beta you MUST have purchased Crackdown, a game that has nothing to do with Halo. But yet, these people could not put down Halo 3's Beta, it simply played amazingly cause it is the prime of what Halo Gameplay is all about.

The average Halo fan played the H5 Beta for 2.5 hours, where as the average person who bought Crackdown and played the H3 Beta played for 14.5 hours of gameplay over a course of 3 weeks for each. That is an alarming fact, or at least I think it is?! Maybe it's nothing, either way forgive my misspelling of 'develop' in the info graph at the bottom.
Good catch. That's a big deal.
Missed the point the thread. Still I don't know. Could mean something could mean nothing. I know that I personally played like a days worth of games on the beta and that was with school and work on the last week.
That's interesting. I def played more than the average player for Halo 5. For the Halo 3 beta... Oh I don't even know at this point. But I like both versions of the game and both feel like Halo to me. I'm a fan of Halo because I find it fun regardless of what mechanics are in the game.
I played about 2 games in the halo 3 beta. Played a bunch of halo 5 beta.

Got to ask. Where did you get your number from?.
I played Halo 5's beta. But I also played a bunch of other games during that time as well.
xDark Assailant
Got to ask. Where did you get your number from?

I put links to both of my numbers as far as Unique Beta players for each game right under their respective area on the Imgur photo.

H5 Beta numbers from IGN and H3 Beta numbers from Major Nelson Blog and then it was just some simple math to get the statistics.
CHX H8 ME wrote:
xDark Assailant
Got to ask. Where did you get your number from?

I put links to both of my numbers as far as Unique Beta players for each game right under their respective area on the Imgur photo.

H5 Beta numbers from IGN and H3 Beta numbers from Major Nelson Blog and then it was just some simple math to get the statistics.
Mind linking me to where you got the 1,000,000 unique H5 players?
I totally missed that link.
CHX H8 ME wrote:
xDark Assailant
Got to ask. Where did you get your number from?

I put links to both of my numbers as far as Unique Beta players for each game right under their respective area on the Imgur photo.

H5 Beta numbers from IGN and H3 Beta numbers from Major Nelson Blog and then it was just some simple math to get the statistics.

Mind linking me to where you got the 1,000,000 unique H5 players?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/05/how-343-is-changing-halo-5-after-the-beta

Keep in mind if the number is more than 1,000,000 then the average amount of time played per player drops even further than 2.5 hours each.
He very painfully misspelled develop - credibility lost.
Intresting but there are numerous of factors to consider. First the dates, the 2nd week of the Halo 3 beta was on a vacation WEEK where people have time off and can play alot more. Next the halo 3 was anticipated beyond belief! Coming off of a onnce in a life time game Halo 2. It makes sence halo 5 beta has less players due to halo 4 being mediocre and halo MCC multilayer being broken at launch. I'm not creating exuses for 343 I think halo 5 beta could have been a bigger population if 343 didn't shoot themselves in the foot so bad with MCC.
Ya know, I completely forgot you actually had to get Crackdown in order to play H3's Beta... Hah
xAXIOS wrote:
Intresting but there are numerous of factors to consider. First the dates, the 2nd week of the Halo 3 beta was on a vacation WEEK where people have time off and can play alot more. Next the halo 3 was anticipated beyond belief! Coming off of a onnce in a life time game Halo 2. It makes sence halo 5 beta has less players due to halo 4 being mediocre and halo MCC multilayer being broken at launch. I'm not creating exuses for 343 I think halo 5 beta could have been a bigger population if 343 didn't shoot themselves in the foot so bad with MCC.
Regardless, it's a good picture of what things used to be, Halo 5 had more players even but Halo 3 got way wayyyy more hours.
Halo 3 Beta was 4 weeks long(1 week longer than Halo 5), had less maps, but more game types at the start and by the end(Halo 5 started with 2 maps and 1 game type and ended with 7 maps and 3 game types) Halo 3 started and ended with 3 maps(all of which had at least 1 vehicle) and 12 gametypes. All of the maps in halo 5 Beta are design around standard team slayer and Halo 3 beta maps are design around many gametypes. In the end there was more you could do in the Halo 3 beta.
Snockooz wrote:
Halo 3 Beta was 4 weeks long(1 week longer than Halo 5), had less maps, but more game types at the start and by the end(Halo 5 started with 2 maps and 1 game type and ended with 7 maps and 3 game types) Halo 3 started and ended with 3 maps(all of which had al least 1 vehicle) and 12 gametypes. All of the maps in halo 5 Beta are design around standard team slayer and Halo 3 beta maps are design around many gametypes. In the end there was more you could do in the Halo 3 beta.
http://halo.bungie.net/content.aspx?link=h3betaFAQ

May 16-June 6
He very painfully misspelled develop - credibility lost.
Soo very painfully misspelled it yes.
But as part of my life motto "No Ragrets" I'm not worried about it, not even a single letter.
CHX H8 ME wrote:
Snockooz wrote:
Halo 3 Beta was 4 weeks long(1 week longer than Halo 5), had less maps, but more game types at the start and by the end(Halo 5 started with 2 maps and 1 game type and ended with 7 maps and 3 game types) Halo 3 started and ended with 3 maps(all of which had al least 1 vehicle) and 12 gametypes. All of the maps in halo 5 Beta are design around standard team slayer and Halo 3 beta maps are design around many gametypes. In the end there was more you could do in the Halo 3 beta.


http://halo.bungie.net/content.aspx?link=h3betaFAQ

May 16-June 6
My point still stands that there was more you could do in the Halo 3 beta. xAXIOS's post also adds to this.
It show also be noted that there was much else to play at the time. However now we have Cod, Battle field, Destiny, GTA online, etc.
Snockooz wrote:
It show also be noted that there was much else to play at the time. However now we have Cod, Battle field, Destiny, GTA online, etc.
Oh i'm pretty sure there were other games too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13