halo 3 and reach is more Next Gen thin halo 5

OP Firewall Storm

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I feel they can make halo 5 on the 360. The reason I'm saying that 343 can make halo 5 a 360 game because it's not really that next gen pair to other Halo games. Halo 5 only defining features is Spartan abilities and they can probably do that on the 360 as well. If halo stays just making minor features every game it will never claim back the FPS crown but the real reason is that halo 5 is not that next gen because of the community is not really supporting much of creative new ideas. BDobbins said this better than I did and he's the one that inspired me to post this in the first place I put the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLqjxYQ7irs
"Next gen" has nothing to do with the gameplay. If "next gen" means superfluous gimmicks for the hell of it then count me out. Solid, balanced core gameplay is what matters. Halo 5 has done a generally good job at returning to Halo's roots despite the hate it's getting. Even starts are back, arena 4v4 is the focus, maps are small-medium, loadouts and AAs are out. It's not perfect but it's trying to be what it should be.
Umm... the beta's size is bigger than most 360 games already. And it is a very small portion of Halo 5.

Even if they could get Halo 5 to work on the 360 without seriously limiting its size and scope (1080p and 60fps comes to mind), you would probably need several discs for it all to work. 4 or 5, maybe.

It's not just about the features. There are a lot of things that make a "next gen" game, and a much larger size is one. Games are simply bigger than what the 360 was made for.
Halo 5 is running at 60 fps, that alone makes it feel next gen in comparison to older Halo's.
JSA343 wrote:
Umm... the beta's size is bigger than most 360 games already. And it is a very small portion of Halo 5.

Even if they could get Halo 5 to work on the 360 without seriously limiting its size and scope (1080p and 60fps comes to mind), you would probably need several discs for it all to work. 4 or 5, maybe.

It's not just about the features. There are a lot of things that make a "next gen" game, and a much larger size is one. Games are simply bigger than what the 360 was made for.
He's talking features. Other than graphics, we've seen NOTHING so far that we wouldn't have been able to do on a 360.

Yes we want arena multiplayer but we also want space battles and battlefield-style battles (32v32)... Just some really crazy stuff that is something new and jaw dropping.

Ground pound and thrusters are hardly something that you see and go "holy -Yoink-! This is what next gen is about" :/

Im not saying it's looking bad though. H5 looks great and light years ahead of Halo 4
I watched that video last night, and while BDobbins does make some valid points, we need to remember that while yes, these features COULD have been on the 360 in previous Halos, the simple fact is, they weren't. Introducing these mechanics is basically setting some new groundwork for the series to go off of.

Sometimes you have to look towards the past to better understand the future.
Halo 5 is running at 60 fps, that alone makes it feel next gen in comparison to older Halo's.
He means features not graphics. Having a smoother frame rate isn't something that will separate Halo 5 from competition and define this console generation, is it....
guest366 wrote:

He means features not graphics. Having a smoother frame rate isn't something that will separate Halo 5 from competition and define this console generation, is it....
It is when every other Halo wasn't able to reach that mark because of the hardware.
guest366 wrote:

It is when every other Halo wasn't able to reach that mark because of the hardware.
Then XboX gaming is in a very poor state.
guest366 wrote:

But this is just performance. We're talking the actual gameplay. Don't be a frame rate geek like the rest on these forums.
What is wrong with the people in this community? This is a beta to a game that's coming out in a year.
guest366 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:

He's talking features. Other than graphics, we've seen NOTHING so far that we wouldn't have been able to do on a 360.

Yes we want arena multiplayer but we also want space battles and battlefield-style battles (32v32)... Just some really crazy stuff that is something new and jaw dropping.

Ground pound and thrusters are hardly something that you see and go "holy -Yoink-! This is what next gen is about" :/

Im not saying it's looking bad though. H5 looks great and light years ahead of Halo 4
Features don't make something next-gen.

It's the combination of features and other gameplay elements with the technical specs, graphics, and larger scope that makes it next-gen. Halo 5 wouldn't be able to run on the 360 without seriously limiting itself.
guest366 wrote:
guest366 wrote:

But this is just performance. We're talking the actual gameplay. Don't be a frame rate geek like the rest on these forums.
Framerate affects gameplay directly. Every competitive gamer knows that. Well, PC gamers that is.
Next gen was all about graphics though? Every game for previous gen loomed quite a bit better on their PC version (other than bad ports).

Next gen was never about gameplay elements... Other than maybe destructible environments and other taxing gameplay mechanics.
JSA343 wrote:
guest366 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:

Features don't make something next-gen.

It's the combination of features and other gameplay elements with the technical specs, graphics, and larger scope that makes it next-gen. Halo 5 wouldn't be able to run on the 360 without seriously limiting itself.
Yes. It wouldn't be able to run on the 360 for one reason and one reason only... Graphics. There is no actual feature (big battles, large player counts, dynamic elements e.g. Weather changing etc) that would not physically work on the 360.

Graphics aren't want make something next gen solely, it's mainly the new features.
There is a lot more involved in making a next gen besides it's gameplay. Even if they could somehow manage to put halo 5 on the 360 i'd rather not. I'm tired of the games i'm buying getting held back because they have to downsize for last gen systems.

I'm below the poverty line and I still managed to afford an xbox one. you have zero excuses.
Where do you see 343i saying that the abilities where next Gen things?

343i "we added stuff into the game"

Somehow translates into

343i said only next Gen consoles can do the spartan abilities. They are liars.
Its a year too early to say what kind of scale Halo 5 will have.
Where do you see 343i saying that the abilities where next Gen things?

343i "we added stuff into the game"

Somehow translates into

343i said only next Gen consoles can do the spartan abilities. They are liars.
I did not say that "343 said only next Gen consoles can do the spartan abilities" I said spartan abilities could have been added to Xbox 360 Halo games.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4