Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 3 Anniversary Playlist

OP Scrapy Dan

I stopped playing H5 for a while and the Halo 3 playlist brought me back and I really enjoyed it I thought the halo 3 forge maps were really good and this latest update took it out I’ll continue to play but I’m really gutted because it was like having Halo 3 again but in Halo 5’s engine at bare minimum I’d love to have that game mode in action sack does anybody else think it should come back or is disappointed it’s now gone
They do have a King of the Hill variant in Action Sack that uses a version of The Pit from Halo 3.
G Bomb v1 wrote:
They do have a King of the Hill variant in Action Sack that uses a version of The Pit from Halo 3.
Oh brilliant I didn’t know thanks hopefully I can get a few games 😊
Its coming back sometime in the future. Most likely as a rotational playlist.
When I get the Halo 3 itch, I just ... play Halo 3. We got two different versions of it now. Halo 3 MCC and Halo 3 proper. Downside is: one is the MCC and one is still full of derankers. But Halo 5 is full of smurfs. Tis the life of Halo players. Whachyagonnado?

I really liked the Halo 3 Anniversary playlist, but I kept getting this feeling like ... "shouldn't I just be playing Halo 3 right now? Feel like I'm kinda cheating on Halo 3. I mean, if I'm gonna play Halo 5, I should play Halo 5 what with the Fancy Feet and Ground Pounds and Spartan Slams and Thrusties ... if this is what Halo 5 was like, that'd be a different story, but mimicking Halo 3 when I have Halo 3 is just silly."
Don't worry OP, the Throwback playlist will return soon with some updates :)
Quote:
  • In Everything There is a Season – New Arena season is targeting Nov. 1 for release, but that could be adjusted a bit contingent on some work going into the Overtime content update. Get ready for another round of placement matches!
  • Speaking of Which… – As an FYI, when Oddball goes live in Halo 5 matchmaking, it will replace the H3 Classic Throwback playlist (shortly after the upcoming Overtime content release). However, fear not – the H3CT playlist will indeed return in the future – and with new maps and full support for the Oddball mode itself.
Scrapy Dan wrote:
I stopped playing H5 for a while and the Halo 3 playlist brought me back and I really enjoyed it I thought the halo 3 forge maps were really good and this latest update took it out I’ll continue to play but I’m really gutted because it was like having Halo 3 again but in Halo 5’s engine at bare minimum I’d love to have that game mode in action sack does anybody else think it should come back or is disappointed it’s now gone
It's been ages since I've been in this forum, returned to halo 5 every now and then just to play the halo3 playlist, just found out its gone, unfortunately no reason for me to touch halo 5 again unfortunately :(