2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12
Does anyone know if I can play these maps on Custom Games? Thanks!
You can grab all the maps from the Community Update:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/happy-birthday-halo-3
Wow this sound great.
stckrboy wrote:
You can grab all the maps from the Community Update:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/happy-birthday-halo-3
And get the modes in Custom games. Not to mention that the shield recharge rate was fixed.

ske7ch tweet
This proves that H5 is actually decent without all the nonsense. I love the playlist and would like this along with an H:CE and H2 variant added. Your perfect social slayer playlist.
I haven't played Halo 5 in about a year, got fed up of it and took up Overwatch (which itself handles more like an old Halo game). I had to come back and see this though.

Feels like a hybrid between Halo 3 and 5. Needless to say this is much better gameplay than the Halo 5 standard offering and much closer to the classic Halo games. Still feel like the health and shields need a further tweak. Other than that pretty good, I'd definitely recommend increasing the look sensitivity to 7 or 8 as well. I still kinda feel this is pretty redundant now that Halo 3 is back compatible though. Halo 3 does a better job of being itself than Halo 5 does. On the upside you can unlock all the cool armor pieces and such like in Halo 5 for that improved level of customisation.

Props to those who have managed to accurately redesign some of the great Halo 3 maps. They looks cool and play as well as ever. Sadly they don't do much for the graphics which look considerably worse than the 10-year old Halo 3!!

I guess this proves that 343 IS capable of making a decent Halo game after all, they'd just rather make a craptastic COD clone....
DaxSeven09 wrote:
In case anyone is wondering:

ske7ch wrote:
Here's the breakdown of the gameplay settings changes that are unique to this playlist:
◾Motion Tracker range is increased to 25m
◾All Spartan Abilities are disabled (Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Stabilize, and Clamber)
◾Player jump height is increased
◾Slightly increased the effect of gravity on players
◾Player movement speed decreased
◾Increased player forward and strafe acceleration
◾Adjusted shield and health recharge rate to approximate Halo 3 values
◾Classic Team Oddball: Reduced ball carrier movement speed
◾Classic Multi-Flag CTF: Reduced flag carrier movement speed
It would be nice to know the playlist population compared to the OG Halo 3 population. I will be playing this playlist. I want to support the core Halo mechanics for the future Halo. One of the ways I can do that in my opinion is play the -Yoink- out of this playlist.
Agreed, I haven't logged on to the website in a LONG while.. Figured I would stop by to tell them, "T H I S I S W H A T W E W A N T!!!".

These settings remastered properly would revive Halo for sure. I love this playlist, at the very least it needs to stay.
This proves that H5 is actually decent without all the nonsense. I love the playlist and would like this along with an H:CE and H2 variant added. Your perfect social slayer playlist.
yes yes yes
I have always thought that 343i should automatically place maps that enter matchmaking into customs. The way that maps are organized in the menu, it just feels like it would be easy to add them in there.
I think the spawns need work. I had some Dbag full party just spawn killing us and then me instead of ending the game. On Boundless, it was super easy to predict where they were gonna spawn as well.
yes just look it up in the custom browser
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think the spawns need work. I had some Dbag full party just spawn killing us and then me instead of ending the game. On Boundless, it was super easy to predict where they were gonna spawn as well.
Just like the actual H3. Spawns in H3 were easy to predict.
Why are the shields taking soo long to recharge? timed it at ~8.5 seconds
Just like the actual H3. Spawns in H3 were easy to predict.
Seems like there's only 2 spawns per side on most of the maps I played.
I read a post that said ske7ch was gonna fix this, but maybe it's not implemented yet.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I read a post that said ske7ch was gonna fix this, but maybe it's not implemented yet.
It's implemented. Time to recharge seems to be around 5-6 seconds which could still perhaps be a second or a half second longer than Halo 3, but obviously much, MUCH closer to the classic setting than the approximate 9-10 seconds it was before.

One additional complaint I've been hearing is the weapon de-spawn rate is pretty high or at least higher than what Halo 3 operated at, but maybe that has something to do with attempting to keep frame-rates as manageable as possible under such well forged custom community re-make maps.
I freaking love this playlist. Its great. It's like I'm playing Halo 3 again. Back when Halo truly took skill. What I love about this playlist the most is that you can actually tell who's a good/skilled player and who isn't. You can't abuse the Thruster Pack and Spartan Charge anymore. Naaaah. Now you gotta outstrafe and outgun your opponents the skillful way lol.
Gravemint wrote:
Seems actually really good from the one game I've played! One thing that was off was that a Ghost exploded from like 2 players teamshooting it. That's just wrong lol. Vehicles turned into paper mache in Reach not 3. Also shields are a little too slow to recharge, and when they do start recharging it's like instant. They should start recharging earlier but take longer.

I am curious to see though if static spawns remain on some maps. Ever since like Reach, they've been essentially punishing pushing forward with dynamic spawns that make the enemy spawn behind you. I think Halo 3 had only a few maps like that? Not sure. I definitely know no one spawned behind you on Valhalla, Narrows, The Pit, etc.
I agree that the recharge rate is extremely slow. I got yelled at by a teammate post match because I was just sitting next to him while he was fighting someone. I would have helped if I wasn't one shot for nearly a minute.
I just played the H3 Throwback list and I found the games much more enjoyable with Spartan Abilities turned off. Without the various abilities, the games feel less frenzied than the usual state of affairs. I hope this playlist remains with more maps available in the future because it does have the familiar feel of older Halo games.
Finally got a chance to play the throwback playlist, and I must say, I'm very impressed! I love the old school feeling and it feels like Halo again. I've enjoyed Halo 5 and what's it's done, but this playlist is amazing with the elimination of Spartan abilities and nostalgia feel of older Halo games. Please make this a permanent playlist, it's nice take a break from the abilities and enjoy the classic style.
I have only played one game of oddball in it and can say I like it. It's like Halo 3 but without the spotty hit detection and lag!! It does feels a little slower in speed, but maybe that's cause I was holding the ball for 95% of the time in the game.

If this became the Halo 6 style I could get behind it, maybe thrust and clamber or just one of them? idk...
My complaints are the maps that they chose to use. Idk anyone who ever liked isolation or high ground. I wish they would have used construct, guardian, pit, blackout, and heretic.

I also think that u shouldnt spawn with the AR as a secondary because of how OP it is in H5 compared to H3. Unless they find a way to nerf it for the playlist i think they should remove it. I would alsp prefer the Halo 2 BR but the classic scope isnt bad.

Overall, i prefer this playlist over the entirety of H5. Its actually a really fun game without all the added nonsense. I know theyll never go back to the classic halo play style for future games but hopefully they at least find some compromise in the middle between new and old.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12