2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12
I have only played one game of oddball in it and can say I like it. It's like Halo 3 but without the spotty hit detection and lag!! It does feels a little slower in speed, but maybe that's cause I was holding the ball for 95% of the time in the game.

If this became the Halo 6 style I could get behind it, maybe thrust and clamber or just one of them? idk...
I played a few games now. It's really been a lot of fun I like how positive everyone in the community has been compared to most other forums. As a casual that has normally played only campaign on all other halos it's hard to get used to all the abilities and overwhelming. I totally agree with this would be a great direction for halo 6 with clamber and thrust. Since halo ce I've never understood why spartan super soldiers couldn't climb up a ledge. I've grown to kind of like the thrust but the other abilities seem kinda silly and unnecessary.
Have played probably 40 or more games now. Haven't had this much fun in Halo 5 since ... I don't know when.

Man it's easy to get used to the pure simplicity of this playlist.

It just feels right. I really hope they keep this style for Halo 6.
This playlist is killer. It's so great to just sit back and not have to play on the edge of my seat the whole time like I have to with standard H5.

It's great to predict someone's movement with a grenade without them thrusting away and avoiding it. It's great to predict someone's movement with a well placed/timed rocket. And holy crap, it's so great to have those good-'ol strafe-jousts back.

Tweak the BR burst to be more burst-y, increase base movement speed, and get some dev maps created for these game-play mechanics and you've got yourself a great starting point for H6.
Thorulfr wrote:
Have played probably 40 or more games now. Haven't had this much fun in Halo 5 since ... I don't know when.

Man it's easy to get used to the pure simplicity of this playlist.

I completely agree. I was out of town the last couple days and I haven't been able to play.

This playlist is so amazing that I played 22 games the day it came out. I haven't done that one a 'work the next day' (Sunday-Thursday) night since Halo 3 I'm betting. This feels so much better than Halo with all the Spartan abilities to me. This coming from someone who supports Halo 5 MM, thinks it's the second best of the series 'per its day' (behind H3 in 2007-10), and the best now. So I am far from a hater, frankly. I like Halo 5 more than most the classic fans.

Halo 3 feels awful (to me) in 2017. A lot of that is just the dated tech. This playlist goes to show how amazing Halo can be in 2017, with 2017 engine tech (well, 2015, but you know what I mean), and the classic 'Halo 3 like' core gameplay.

This is that perfect combo that would make Halo great again in Halo 6! I really hope 343 can swallow its pride and make it happen (very unlikely, b/c it's 'not 343s Halo', which is sad). Give the fans what they want! (:
I completely agree too. The game mechanics feel good and aiming feels better than the halo 5 aiming. I set my control speed from 3 to 6 and the acceleration from 1 to 3.
I've just played 4 games but everything is fine, like the good old days.
Just some latency problems but this i have since 3 months.
This could be my new favorite playlist. 👍
See you on the battlefield guys .
Halo is so much better without Spartan Abilities. This list is the best Halo 5 has ever been and it isn't even close. Needs more maps is all.
Spartan/Armor abilities - in any form - make Halo worse. They make the map design worse, they make the gameplay worse, they make the game less competitive. They just need to go. Or at least we need a permanent list like this without abilities and without maps designed around abilities.

As long as this list is in the game, it's where 90%+ of my time will be spent.
Halo is so much better without Spartan Abilities. This list is the best Halo 5 has ever been and it isn't even close. Needs more maps is all.
Spartan/Armor abilities - in any form - make Halo worse. They make the map design worse, they make the gameplay worse, they make the game less competitive. They just need to go. Or at least we need a permanent list like this without abilities and without maps designed around abilities.
I would strongly disagree with that, but that's the beauty of opinions.
How dare you have an opinion! Nah, kidding of course.

It will be a bit tricky for 343 with Halo 6 to decide what direction to take.
J Teeps wrote:

I hope they stick with the mechanics from 5, save for ground pound/spartan charge which I feel need to go, for the next game. But I hope they have a playlist that has classic settings like we have in this playlist.
RBOSS 254 wrote:
I have only played one game of oddball in it and can say I like it. It's like Halo 3 but without the spotty hit detection and lag!! It does feels a little slower in speed, but maybe that's cause I was holding the ball for 95% of the time in the game.

If this became the Halo 6 style I could get behind it, maybe thrust and clamber or just one of them? idk...
I played a few games now. It's really been a lot of fun I like how positive everyone in the community has been compared to most other forums. As a casual that has normally played only campaign on all other halos it's hard to get used to all the abilities and overwhelming. I totally agree with this would be a great direction for halo 6 with clamber and thrust. Since halo ce I've never understood why spartan super soldiers couldn't climb up a ledge. I've grown to kind of like the thrust but the other abilities seem kinda silly and unnecessary.
Ya, If it was classic play with clamber and thurst, I think it would be a good mix of both styles of play since those are the only good and useful abilities. If I had to keep just one though, I think thrust is the best one.
J Teeps wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:
~~~

I completely agree. I was out of town the last couple days and I haven't been able to play.

This playlist is so amazing that I played 22 games the day it came out. I haven't done that one a 'work the next day' (Sunday-Thursday) night since Halo 3 I'm betting. This feels so much better than Halo with all the Spartan abilities to me. This coming from someone who supports Halo 5 MM, thinks it's the second best of the series 'per its day' (behind H3 in 2007-10), and the best now. So I am far from a hater, frankly. I like Halo 5 more than most the classic fans.

Halo 3 feels awful (to me) in 2017. A lot of that is just the dated tech. This playlist goes to show how amazing Halo can be in 2017, with 2017 engine tech (well, 2015, but you know what I mean), and the classic 'Halo 3 like' core gameplay.

This is that perfect combo that would make Halo great again in Halo 6! I really hope 343 can swallow its pride and make it happen (very unlikely, b/c it's 'not 343s Halo', which is sad). Give the fans what they want! (:
Yeah I'm exactly the same. Like H5 but much prefer the simpler style. Plus I think there's a lot to be said for accessibility in terms of appealing to new players.

The other great thing about this playlist is that it's bringing a lot of my old friends who have given up on Halo back, some of my best mates are back on.

It has also been so great jumping back in and seeing all the old names - all the old friendly beefs and rivalries come back. And many new tags too, lots of newbies.

In Australia I haven't been able to find a local connection game for most of 2017 - have been searching focussed and finding games for the last 3 days and it has been SO GOOD. Can't understate how good it is to be able to play in low latency and not against Americans haha.

Lots to love.
J Teeps wrote:

I obviously don't know what direction 343I/MS are going with Halo 6, but I'll honestly be absolutely shocked and impressed if 343I/MS went back to more of a Halo 1-3 style.

I'm in more of agreement with Primus Ego Sum and less in agreement with F4ll3nKn1ght999. Though I like Halo 5 a heck of a lot more then 4 overall and to be clear here in my upcoming statement, I'm not hating on Halo 5 at all. I actually think if your going to have the sprint animation in the series, it's a step in the right direction even... but, the truth is Halo has gotten less and less popular since Armor/Spartan abilities were introduced into the series. I always thought Halo 3s equipment or Halo Reaches MLG style playlist where armour abilities were map pick up items like equipment was in 3, was the way to go with the series.

343I needs to stop changing things for the sake of it. Adding a new rocket launcher to replace the old one, why?? Small but important things like sound effects, like the recharging shield noise... some of the art style.... adding things like ADS style zooming when the old style was superior in every way and could easily be updated in that style if you wanted and so on.... These things are what help make Halo.... Halo!! and help set it apart from other first person shooters. Having things like ADS style zooming and rank category names like Gold, Platinum etc. For example, Instead of military names like Colonel, Brigadier etc. just makes Halo feel like it's just adding something because that's what another popular series does or they have it in there game, so why don't we put it in ours kind of attitude really needs to go. Stick to what has worked so well in past Halo games. From there grow and expand the series.

Any of us who have been playing/following Halo for a long time, especially the ones who've been playing Halo since CE (I'm lucky enough to fall into that) all know what the majority have liked and disliked about every Halo game. So if we know this, surely 343I does too... Right?? I just don't understand why 343I have seemed so hell bent at times on changing.... not doing.... or not using so many things that have been so popular or that have worked so well over the years. Then, when they do do something that has been received well by the majority, like Interactive environments that H2A had for example, they don't use it again.... Go figure lolol They really baffle my mind sometimes lol

I obviously don't know population numbers for this Halo 3 style playlist in Halo 5 but judging by what I've seen on here and other places, the reaction is much more positive then negative. To me, that should at least tell you something.

I've still yet to play Guardian in over 30 games lol!
I'm actually reinstalling Halo 5 right now just to try this playlist. I'm so excited! It sounds so good!
J Teeps wrote:

I obviously don't know what direction 343I/MS are going with Halo 6, but I'll honestly be absolutely shocked and impressed if 343I/MS went back to more of a Halo 1-3 style.

I'm in more of agreement with Primus Ego Sum and less in agreement with F4ll3nKn1ght999. Though I like Halo 5 a heck of a lot more then 4 overall and to be clear here in my upcoming statement, I'm not hating on Halo 5 at all. I actually think if your going to have the sprint animation in the series, it's a step in the right direction even... but, the truth is Halo has gotten less and less popular since Armor/Spartan abilities were introduced into the series. I always thought Halo 3s equipment or Halo Reaches MLG style playlist where armour abilities were map pick up items like equipment was in 3, was the way to go with the series.

343I needs to stop changing things for the sake of it. Adding a new rocket launcher to replace the old one, why?? Small but important things like sound effects, like the recharging shield noise... some of the art style.... adding things like ADS style zooming when the old style was superior in every way and could easily be updated in that style if you wanted and so on.... These things are what help make Halo.... Halo!! and help set it apart from other first person shooters. Having things like ADS style zooming and rank category names like Gold, Platinum etc. Instead of military names like Colonel, Brigadier etc. for example, just makes Halo feel like it's just adding something because that's how another popular series does it or they have it in, so why don't we in our games kind of attitude really needs to go. Stick to what has worked so well in past Halo games. From there grow and expand the series.

Any of us who have been playing/following Halo for a long time, especially the ones who've been playing Halo since CE (I'm lucky enough to fall into that) all know what the majority have liked and disliked about every Halo game. So if we know this, surely 343I does too... Right?? I just don't understand why 343I have seemed so hell bent at times on changing.... not doing.... or not using so many things that have been so popular or that have worked so well over the years. Then, when they do do something that has been received well by the majority, like Interactive environments that H2A had for example, they don't use it again.... Go figure lolol They really baffle my mind sometimes lol

I obviously don't know population numbers for this Halo 3 playlist in Halo 5 but judging by what I've seen on here and other places, the reaction is much more positive then negative. To me, that should at least tell you something.

I've still yet to play Guardian in over 30 games lol!
I think that Halo 5 is close to as good as it gets for a halo game with spartan abilities. It's night and day better than the train wreck that was Halo 4, and I think if it had split screen it would be as good as Reach.

I kind of think the devs saw other franchises being popular (especially CoD) and radically misinterpreted how Halo should grow compared to other games. Industry-wide there's been a push the past 8 years to innovate on the movement abilities for FPS games and I think gamers have finally started to get sick of it. Current trend is class based gameplay which I hope never makes it into Halo.

I just hope they put in a classic list like this for halo 6, as I doubt the base game will ever drop abilities like sprint.

Also, to the extent that 343 continues this trend begun in Halo 4 & 5 to link single player lore to multiplayer game design, the multiplayer will suffer.
I hate them that -Yoinking!- playlist dont let my play warzone
So, Halo 3 is best played by using Halo 5. Who knew...

Love this playlist. If they kept the jump and acceleration the same but added spartan abilities ,sprint and thruster mainly, i would be in heaven.
Nooga wrote:

Love this playlist. If they kept the jump and acceleration the same but added spartan abilities ,sprint and thruster mainly, i would be in heaven.
Lol, but then it wouldn't be the H3 Throwback playlist it would just be H5....oh wait I see what you did there.

Well I guess for your sake this is only one playlist everywhere else you can enjoy your type of Halo.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nooga wrote:

Lol, but then it wouldn't be the H3 Throwback playlist it would just be H5....oh wait I see what you did there.

Well I guess for your sake this is only one playlist everywhere else you can enjoy your type of Halo.
Im not saying change this one. Just saying that it would be fun. Maybe in customs or something. I also love this playlist. Its Halo 3 with a BR thats worth a damn, the lack of equipment and ADS. Its amazing what a few small changes can do to a 10 year old, outdated, game to make it feel modern and relevant in my opinion.

Extermination :)
It would be cool if you could enable Halo 3 controls.
It would be cool if you could enable Halo 3 controls.
The "Recon" control scheme emulates the original H3 controls very well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12