2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 12
I hope eventually this playlist becomes ranked so people stop quiting and the games become competitive. I would love to see H5 or future halos get a classic tab with various classic playlist, like how Cod has regular and hardcore playlists for example.
Finally feels like Halo agian. Although the BR and Nades are a little OP for the slow movement speed.

If the Weapon Tuning playlist BR was implemented this would be great
I played 4 games on the Halo 3 Throwback playlist and I love playing it even tho I lost that 1 game, it still feels great to play and it felt like the original Halo 3 game except for the assassination animations and maybe the shield recharge is a little slower than the original Halo 3, but all in all it's great, and hopefully it would be a permanent addition to Halo 5
Hi dear 343,I would like to have in H5, but also H6 in future, a Classic Halo Playlist, similar to actual H3 throwback, with these features:

- The best maps and game modes from H CE to H3 (4vs4)
- No abilities
- H2 Battle Rifle as primary weapon.

this would be a permanent playlist, it can be called Classic Team Slayer.
Zumba wrote:
I hope eventually this playlist becomes ranked so people stop quiting and the games become competitive. I would love to see H5 or future halos get a classic tab with various classic playlist, like how Cod has regular and hardcore playlists for example.
I'm not a comptitive player like I used to before, but having this playlist in social and ranked would make both camps happy.

343i should bring the old playlists system from Halo 3 back to the newer games.

And if possible, update this throwback playlist with maps from Halo 2, and bring back Halo's 1 throwback playlist. I don't mind jumping between the two. They are what made me play Halo 5 actually.
Azzurroi wrote:
Zumba wrote:
I'm not a comptitive player like I used to before, but having this playlist in social and ranked would make both camps happy.

343i should bring the old playlists system from Halo 3 back to the newer games.

And if possible, update this throwback playlist with maps from Halo 2, and bring back Halo's 1 throwback playlist. I don't mind jumping between the two. They are what made me play Halo 5 actually.
that's what I have been saying about this playlist, I loved it
Keep it in the game, or a playlist that has classic game play. Personally, if I come on one day and find it gone I'm not gonna be happy.
What I love about this playlist is you actually have to make your jumps now. If you don't make it onto the ledge all the way, you fall and don't have clamber to save you. You also have to time your jumps for the longer ones again like on Citadel from top rocket spawn to the upper level for example. If you don't go all the way to the ledge right when you're about to fall, you won't make the jump.

That is what Halo is supposed to be and it just exposes how much clamber is a get out of jail free card.
I honestly really like this playlist
I'm just going to go ahead and drop my brutally honest opinion.

This is the best thing 343 has done to Halo since they inherited the franchise. What's sad is that all it took was for them to simplify Halo 5's atrocious core gameplay to mimic that of what many consider to be the best game in the franchise. That says a lot.

This is the only thing Halo needs to be. Simple powerups, simple movement, pure player skill. What I suggest:

- If possible, remove Flagnums. If not, I can live with it.
- In particular, the spawns on High Ground were awful. Spawned multiple times near the enemy team and lost only because of that.
- Remove Energy Sword movement speed increase if possible.
- Remove headshot bonus damage.
- Remove ADS from weapons that don't have scopes or sights.
- Make this playlist permanent.

There's no reason why this playlist shouldn't be permanent. This is the most fun I had playing Halo in a very long time.

As a side note, it's hilarious to see how bad people are when they don't have auxiliary movement to save their -Yoink- every time they get into a gun fight. This playlist needs to stay. People who enjoy Halo 5 for what it is can have their playlists, and long time Halo fans who prefer the Halo 3-esque gameplay with a Halo 5 twist to it can have theirs, even if it's just a grab bag.
They should DEFINITELY make this playlist permanent. They could even add more maps and make it two playlists: Classic Team Slayer and Classic Objective for even more classic goodness. It really should be a default playlist or two in H6 as well.
I would love to see this playlist stay, permanently. However, fix some of the "spawning next to an enemy" and match the shield regeneration to Halo 3, it feels a little longer than Halo 3's Shield regeneration system.

1. Vote to make this permanent
2. Fix spawns
3. Adjust shield regen

so far a 8/10 experience, I've enjoyed it a lot!
SQU1FFY v2 wrote:
I think the main concern that's been brought up in this thread is the lack of maps and game types, but hopefully (fingers crossed) this playlist will stick around and we may see the introduction of new game types one bomb, one flag, three plots, territories to name but a few. Also, hopefully more maps and I know I'm asking a lot here but how about some Halo 3 BTB love.
V.I.P. is my top choice TBH
I haven't had this much fun playing halo in a long, long time! For me, it's glaringly obvious halo should returns to its roots. So damn fun. Simple, yet competitive.

Curious what the younger players think...? Too slow? Antiquated? Do you need flashy guns and powerups? Or are ya'll youngins having a blast like I am?

Admittedly, I'm an old fart, so I'm swayed by the sweet 2007 nostalgia.
This playlist plays just as bad as halo 3 does. Movement feels like I'm playing as a 100 year old cripple of a spartan. It's slow and boring. It's kinda like playing a chess game where every piece is a pawn. Always disliked the play style of halo 3 and I dislike this playlist so I guess 343 did a good job of it. Now all we need is for the playlist to be junked after this month of celebrating the worst Halo game ever made and never talk about halo 3 ever again. :D
This is the most fun I've had in Halo in a long time. Gripping matches, movement pacing, gunfights, jumps (some of which I found weren't so obvious, which is a great thing).
It feels so right.

The BR is a bit strong, time to kill is a bit quick, movement speed could be a tiny bit faster, just a small bit (maps would have to compensate a little, its more for strafing purposes), shield recharge rate a tiny bit faster and this mode would actually be perfect.

imagine a full game with modes and maps designed around that. Blows my mind.
Boundless slayer has some of the worst spawns. I literally spawned right behind someone on the other team and then back smacked them for the kill.
Very fun playlist.
It would be great if 343 industries added other game modes of Halo 3.
This playlist plays just as bad as halo 3 does. Movement feels like I'm playing as a 100 year old cripple of a spartan. It's slow and boring. It's kinda like playing a chess game where every piece is a pawn. Always disliked the play style of halo 3 and I dislike this playlist so I guess 343 did a good job of it. Now all we need is for the playlist to be junked after this month of celebrating the worst Halo game ever made and never talk about halo 3 ever again. :D
Agreed... i grew up playing Halo since CE, this playlist is boring as all hell lol, i see why classic halo fans like it, and i was a huge fan of halo always, but after playing H5, i can't go back to the slower speed, its so freakin slowwwwwwwwww
I know I've jumped into this thread a few times, but my opinion has come down to this: I am awful at this playlist. It's so penalizing if you don't think multiple steps ahead, and it's damn near impossible to escape your attacker(s) once they see you across the map.

I did absolute -Yoink!- in the CE Anniversary playlist, and that remains the case in the H3 playlist. Now I remember why I fell off the map since Halo 2; I was terrible in matchmaking.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 12